RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

J Mac Delivers first time at Royal Ascot

Expert Eye gave James McDonald his first Royal winner and put the jockey back on the world stage when running out a comfortable winner of the last race of the day at Ascot, the Group III Jersey Stakes over the straight seven furlongs.

McDonald settled the headstrong Expert Eye (8/1) towards the rear and was able to come through with an uninterrupted run two furlongs out, splitting horses to reach the lead inside the final furlong and come away to defeat Society Power (8/1) by 4-1/2 lengths with Could It Be Love (11/2) a neck away third after striking the front two furlongs out.

"He felt like a rocket ship out there," McDonald said at the post-race media conference. "He settled a bit further back than I'd have liked but we passed the three furlong marker and he felt oh so good.

Great patient ride on a horse who has had its fair share of  issues. 77th Royal Ascot winner for Sir Michael  Stoute, outstanding achievement

I see he is down to ride Stoute's Elector for Betty Windsor on Friday in the King Edward VII Stakes.

For a New Zealander to win for her, in this week of the birth of the royal child in Auckland, would be incredible.

Good luck James, and Clarke Gayford, while I am at it.