RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Black Kirrama

No Ego with Those Dells

What a huge result today  for  The Dell family  Counties   R   7 .Mr Big .

Mr Big. (Ego - Daad's Girl ) Trained by Kevin Dell. Bred by him and his wonderful wife Birdie and ridden by their  son Chris Dell.

Kevin Dell  has won / trained  and raced  three generations from this family.

Kevin   trained  Daad's Girl,

I think  and maybe he  also bred her mother Trisierir( siC) too. By Saliieri

image.png.832af0b42ce26671c69c7502cca9bc0a.pngView video âº

Congrats Mr Dell !! You won a race on the same day as a future Derby Winner.

12 hours ago, Black Kirrama said:

What a huge result today  for  The Dell family  Counties   R   7 .Mr Big .

Mr Big. (Ego - Daad's Girl ) Trained by Kevin Dell. Bred by him and his wonderful wife Birdie and ridden by their  son Chris Dell.

Kevin Dell  has won / trained  and raced  three generations from this family.

Kevin   trained  Daad's Girl,

I think  and maybe he  also bred her mother Trisierir( siC) too. By Saliieri

image.png.832af0b42ce26671c69c7502cca9bc0a.pngView video âº

Congrats Mr Dell !! You won a race on the same day as a future Derby Winner.

Indeed Rev.

Good ride by Chris and great money for Mr Big following his very good run for fifth at Avondale.

Botti was the first winner for Jakkalberry and a threequarter brother to Lion Tamer who incidentally won his first start as a 2yo at Counties also and went on to win the VRC Derby. He is also a half sister to the very good mare Let Me Roar who won her first six starts and then ran a very close third in the Easter Stakes at her seventh and last start. Botti I believe is heading towards the Wanganui Guineas before probably heading to OZ and trying to emulate Lion Tamer's VRC Derby victory. Look forward to following his progress. 

Boys Got paid on both yesterday. ;)

On 6/21/2018 at 10:49 AM, crustyngrizzly said:

Are the owner/trainer and jockey any relation to the owner of the former good galloper Fair Filou,Laurie Dell.Pretty sure he was from Te Aroha,could be wrong.

Trained by L Ford.

Fair Filou was a very near Champion. Trained at Matamata by Bill Ford. I think he was from the first crop of Le Filou our champion sire.

Others on here will have kept their turf registers from that era. My dad hand picked grass for Fair Filou when Bill trained next to the Matamata  race course

on the property probably owned now by Mike Moroney. . Great memories of a fantastic horse.......