RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Red Rum

Thanks Trackside for Ascot Coveredge

I see Royal Ascot appears to have every race covered again  on trackside so credit where it's due. I have always loved this meeting . My old departed Nan used to tell me she went once would have been pre war and all she saw some the horses legs whizzing pass as she stood in the riif raffs enclosure.Looking forward to seeing Eminent and Torcedor with NZ ownership but for Eminent I will stick my neck out and say he won't see which way Cracksman went on Wednesday. Iam having a minor punt on good old Frankie to be top jock. He's got good bookings especially Without Parole in James Palace , Cracksman , Stadivarious in Gold Cup and Wesley Wards lightning fast two year olds who traditionally go well. Ryan Moore will have his usual which Coolmore runner shall I pick would could scupper him.RedKirk Warrior should hose up , he's settled well back in his old home according to Ben Hayes on you tube. Anyone got any good tips or theories for next 5 days ? What with this and World Cup burning Candles both ends at moment.

That US mare Lady Aurelia will be hard to beat again RR. That Merchant Navy - Redkirk W clash will be a good one. O'Brien and Moore always worth following at these meetings. For interest, some UK tipsters below.

The UK's best press tipsters' have provided their 'nap bets' for Tuesday's opening day of the famous Royal Ascotmeeting.

The 'Naps' list provides the best bets from sections of the British press and offers them on a daily basis.

Racenet has cut the list to show only the best Royal Ascot tips and how each tipster has performed throughout the year.

This season's leading tipster, Racing Post – Lambourn is tipping the $6.50 chance Tip Two Win in Race 4 – the Group I St James’s Palace Stakes (7f 213y).

The most popular horse among tipsters is Recoletos at $6 in Race 1 - the Group I Queen Anne Stakes (1m).

Here is the Naps table for Saturday – in race and profit/loss order.

Horse

Race

No.

Time (ADT)

Tipster

Sportsbetodds

Profit/Loss of tipster this season

Benbatl

11.30pm

Irish Post - Karl Hedley

$5.50

-$10.75

Benbatl

11.30pm

Racing Post - Spotlight

$5.50

-$16.58

Lord Glitters (FR)

11.30pm

Sheffield Star - Fortunatus

$23

$2.60

Recoletos (FR)

11.30pm

Oxford Mail - Mark Edwards

$6

-$3.65

Recoletos (FR)

11.30pm

Yorkshire Post - The Duke

$6

-$10.79

Recoletos (FR)

11.30pm

Sunday Telegraph - Whistler

$6

-$12.78

Recoletos (FR)

11.30pm

The Guardian

$6

-$19.34

Recoletos (FR)

11.30pm

Sky Sports News - Alex Hammond

$6

-$31.54

Suedois (FR)

11.30pm

The Scotsman - Glendale

$26

-$11.70

Rhododendron (IRE)

11.30pm

The Press, York - Ebor

$4 fav

$13.18

Calyx

12.05am

Racing Post - Newmarket

$3.50 fav

-$9.54

Cosmic Law (IRE)

12.05am

Daily Post - Mercury

$12

$3.07

Cosmic Law (IRE)

12.05am

Western Morning News - West Tip

$12

-$12.38

Sergei Prokofiev (CAN)

12.05am

Yorkshire Evening Post - Lee Sobot

$3.75

-$5.33

Sergei Prokofiev (CAN)

12.05am

Shropshire Star - Andy Morris

$3.75

-$20.77

The Irish Rover (IRE)

12.05am

The Leader - Charlie Croasdale

$15

-$17.25

Gifted Master (IRE)

12.40am

Star - Andrew Bladen

$51

-$29.04

Battle Of Jericho (USA)

12.40am

Morning Star - Farringdon

$81

-$22.33

Kings Shield (USA)

1.20am

sportinglife.com

$29

-$3.63

Romanised (IRE)

1.20am

Racing Post - RP Ratings

$6.50

-$6.72

Romanised (IRE)

1.20am

Daily Record - Garry Owen

$6.50

-$18.32

Tip Two Win

1.20am

Racing Post - Lambourn

$6.50

$15.76

U S Navy Flag (USA)

1.20am

The Times - Rob Wright

$6

$14.23

U S Navy Flag (USA)

1.20am

Irish Daily Star - Brian Flanagan

$6

$5.06

Without Parole

1.20am

Glasgow Herald - PicksfromthePaddock

$3.75 fav

$12.01

Whiskey Sour (IRE)

2.00am

Belfast Newsletter - Wise Owl

$12

-$22.20

Whiskey Sour (IRE)

2.00am

Sunday Mail - Rockavon

$12

-$36.75

Hassle (IRE)

2.00am

Racing UK - The Score

$51

$8.73

Dubawi Fifty

2.00am

Racing Post - The North

$10

$10.25

Dubawi Fifty

2.00am

Scottish Sun - Jim Delahunt

$10

-$20.05

Chelkar (FR)

2.00am

Daily Express - The Scout

$7

-$8.65

Chelkar (FR)

2.00am

Irish Herald - Ian Gaughran

$7

-$26.05

Dannyday

2.00am

Weekender - Paul Kealy

$11

$10.83

Lagostovegas (IRE)

2.00am

attheraces.com - Lawrence Taylor

$11

-$9.63

Lagostovegas (IRE)

2.00am

Racing Post - Postdata

$11

-$26.38

Stratum

2.00am

The Star

$6 fav

$14.30

Monarchs Glen

2.35am

The Sun On Sunday - Sirius

$12

-$9.76

Mirage Dancer

2.35am

Scottish Express - Chris Goulding

$5.50 fav

$2.38

Autocratic

2.35am

Racing and Football Outlook - Andrew Mount

$17

-$24.13

Big Country (IRE)

2.35am

Liverpool Echo - Chris Wright

$19

-$15.93

Kidmenever (IRE)

2.35am

Daily Mail - Robin Goodfellow

$15

-$3.88

Laraaib (IRE)

2.35am

The i - Jon Freeman

$7.50

$3.79

Morando (FR)

2.35am

Daily Mirror - Newsboy

$12

$1.58

Sharja Bridge

2.35am

The Sun - Templegate

$7

$4.42

I have huge respect for the Scat Daddy horses.  I like that Sergei Prokofiev in the Coventry Stakes.  I also liked Prokofiev's Troika from his Lieutenant Kije composition, which was the background music to that children's story I used to listen to as a primary school child, "Diana and the Golden Apples."

Group One Commonwealth Cup favourite Equilateral looms as James McDonald's most important ride at Royal Ascot but the Sydney-based jockey is also excited to don The Queen's famous colours in another race during the meeting.

McDonald is expected to have rides on all five days of the Royal meeting which begins on Tuesday night (AEST) and is set to ride the Charlie Hills-trained Equilateral in Friday's Commonwealth Cup.

Equilateral is the general 4/1 favourite and McDonald is expecting a good showing.

"I've got a good book of rides over the week so hopefully one will salute," McDonald told RSN927.

"I think Friday is my best day and obviously Equilateral is going around that day.

"He's a sprinter that everyone holds in high regard and hopefully he salutes, but he's got a bit of a task in front of him. It's not going to be an easy race but he's going really well."

McDonald is scheduled to ride Elector for The Queen in the King Edward VII Stakes on Friday's program.

"On Friday I've got a ride for the Queen. It's trained by Sir Michael Stoute and honestly I'm pretty buzzing about having a ride in her colours in front of her," McDonald said.

"She will come down in the mounting yard and hopefully that horse will run really well."

McDonald only returned to race riding last month after serving an 18-month disqualification for a betting offence.

He has ridden at Royal Ascot before but will be chasing his first win at the meeting, starting with two rides on Tuesday.

"It's pretty incredible," he said.

"It's not about prize money, it's all about prestige.

"Obviously the Queen turns up, and it's basically her meeting.

"It's just an incredible feeling. I think it's one of the best (carnivals) in the world, apart from a couple of ours.

"Every race feels like a Group One and there's not many carnivals in the world that feel like that."

I think I have worked it out.

As there was only fixed odds win and place betting on Ascot races two to five, no totalisator betting; the TAB's computer staff, who know as much about racing as I know about quantum physics, put the races down as abandoned.

11 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:

Would the Ascot Stakes be the world's champion Jumpers' Flat?

Queen Alexandra is the champion bumper on the  last day , longest flat race in UK or Ireland.  4355 metres of pure speed.Look for anything Willie Mullins has given a pipe opener to in a 3 mile 4 furlong Novice Chase at Thurles in mid winter mud. Good day for Frankie and the watches a few of the  winning stable hands  received looked tidy and well  deserved , hope they are worth a few quid for them.Look,  out for Monarchs Gen popping up in Aussie stable spring time , pretty sure Contributor won it few years back and Monarchs Glen might get stuck in twilight zone over there , valuable but not good enough for pattern races , but weighted to the hilt now.

Great ride by J Mac last night on Expert Eye, he's back alright when two of the most respected people of the Turf up their use him on a horse they have a lot of time for when he won his first two races last year. The horse went off the boil and he's now back aided by top ride last night. When you win at Royal Ascot in colours of Dancing Brave, Rainbow Quest , Midday Enable plus too many other champions to list your doing okay,  in your chosen profession . Sir Micheal Stoute a legend. Up there with the late Sir Henry Cecil.

Also how good is John Gunther mating planning, bred and owns best 3 year old miler in Europe in Without Parole St James winner and bred Justify, brilliant.

Frankie will bounce back tonight, hopefully !! 

Landshark race 5 Brittania Handicap at big odds for me for a roll of dice each way. Last start Irish Guineas and form behind US Navy Flag last year. Jessica Harrington trains first start in handicap only downside is 32 others to get past. My undercover agent friend tells me Ladbrokes Australia odds boost 61s and 10s the place but don't grass me up to John Allen