RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

This should be good news

NEW ZEALAND BLOODSTOCK ENTERS STANDARDBRED MARKET

New Zealand Bloodstock announced today their plans for a major move into the standardbred market where they will offer a full complement of their leading auction sales and ancillary services. 

It’s a significant development that will see the New Zealand Standardbred industry benefit from NZB’s existing business capabilities, world-renowned brand and top-class services.

“Over the last several months we have had numerous leading industry players suggesting and encouraging us to enter the Standardbred industry,” commented NZB Managing Director Andrew Seabrook.

“It’s a big challenge and may take a little time, but I truly believe we can help take this industry to another level. The staff and I are really excited about being able to better service this market.”

NZB Standardbred will be run as a division of New Zealand Bloodstock and plans to deliver a comprehensive sales calendar, diverse range of complimentary services and market-leading promotional activity. 

Standardbred vendors and buyers can expect to see a number of enhancements under the NZB umbrella including access to a range of already existing bloodstock, finance, airfreight and insurance services, along with increased promotion to domestic and international markets.

In a welcomed move for the New Zealand Standardbred industry, Harness Racing New Zealand Chairman and Canterbury breeder Ken Spicer commented “New players entering the harness racing industry can only be beneficial.”

“New Zealand Bloodstock has a wealth of experience and a worldwide reputation as a leading bloodstock company. Their experience with other arms of their business, such as insurance, airfreight and finance, can only be of additional value.

“I applaud their decision to spread their wings and enter the Standardbred industry.”

The first standardbred sale to take place under the NZB Standardbred banner will be the 2019 New Zealand National Standardbred Yearling Sales in February with sale sessions to be held at both Christchurch and Karaka.

To follow NZB’s development into the Standardbred industry, keep up to date with all news by following NZB Standardbred’s facebook page; NZB Standardbred, and twitter page; @nzbstandardbred.

Not sure how this will work. Are we going to have 4 yearling sales in February now?. I think it’s better if we have one main sale in each Island as it is now.  My guess is only one of these sales organisations will ultimately survive.

8 minutes ago, lamour said:

Not sure how this will work. Are we going to have 4 yearling sales in February now?. I think it’s better if we have one main sale in each Island as it is now.  My guess is only one of these sales organisations will ultimately survive.

You will be right eventually re survival but the current mob are amateurs compared to NZB in terms of what they offer vendors. Current lot IMHO are just ticket clippers who use stock agents on their days off to sell horses a couple of times a year. No innovation from PGG for years Compare that with the professional auctioneers and after service you see at NZB and i know where my money's going

PGG are moving at a rapid rate into extinction.

The Chinese owners have been looking to exit for some time and a number of divisions are falling away..........Real Estate for example would have an average agent age well into the 60s. They would have lost at least eight of their North Island guys to Property Brokers in the last couple of years.

The Standardbred guys in Christchurch have done a decent job for a long time, with bugger all support from the heirachy so credit to them, but the reality is NZB will be the only player in town in a short space of time.

A very positive and astute investment from them.

Ok. I've tried to post like HTP does above  but it's hard to comprehend. So here's the correct  English version for Blossom  and  other  visitors.

3 former PGG Standardbred employees who resigned a few weeks back have a 2 month stand down before joining NZB Standardbred.

You heard it here first but feel free to take it to channel 2 as breaking news.