RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ngatimaru

Does Anyone Remember

Yes. Te Pee Gold was a very good sprinter trained by Brian (Ginner") Hart at Hawera. Around 1976/8. He was a strong coloured chestnut by Gold Sovereign out of Messenes. 

Ronnie Franklin would have been riding for Ginner around then.

Can't recall the rider you mention. 

20 hours ago, rdytdy said:

Yes. Te Pee Gold was a very good sprinter trained by Brian (Ginner") Hart at Hawera. Around 1976/8. He was a strong coloured chestnut by Gold Sovereign out of Messenes. 

Ronnie Franklin would have been riding for Ginner around then.

Can't recall the rider you mention. 

Thanks for your help.Appreciating your knowledge as always. RT.

27 minutes ago, TurnipOrange said:

Ronnie tattooed Teepee Gold on his arm , never won another race after that ^_^

He wasn't a bad judge though. He tipped me a horse by the name of Sovereign's Delight in the last race at Trentham who raced at the same time as Te Pee Gold. She was also by Gold Sovereign and also trained by Ginner Hart. She had run last on the Monday at her previous start but during the week Ronnie told me she had beaten Te Pee Gold by six lengths in a track gallop. He thought she was a very good bet.

She came out and won easily paying about $56 and with another Hawera horse finishing second (trained by Wally McEwan, three worded name which I just quite recall at present Sugar And Spice? ) who was a big tip that day from the Taranaki boys. That horse finished second behind Sovereign's Delight and the quinella was over $200.00. There was plenty of delight after the race I can tell you. :)     

On 6/15/2018 at 11:09 AM, rdytdy said:

He wasn't a bad judge though. He tipped me a horse by the name of Sovereign's Delight in the last race at Trentham who raced at the same time as Te Pee Gold. She was also by Gold Sovereign and also trained by Ginner Hart. She had run last on the Monday at her previous start but during the week Ronnie told me she had beaten Te Pee Gold by six lengths in a track gallop. He thought she was a very good bet.

She came out and won easily paying about $56 and with another Hawera horse finishing second (trained by Wally McEwan, three worded name which I just quite recall at present Sugar And Spice? ) who was a big tip that day from the Taranaki boys. That horse finished second behind Sovereign's Delight and the quinella was over $200.00. There was plenty of delight after the race I can tell you. :)     

Ted earlier in her career Sovereign’s Delight was trained by Eric Ropiha at Woodville. She won a race at Trentham on the 23/10/76. She paid $21.30 and $5.80. Second was Count Kara who paid $4.90. The quinella paid $307.85.

7 hours ago, gubellini said:

Ted earlier in her career Sovereign’s Delight was trained by Eric Ropiha at Woodville. She won a race at Trentham on the 23/10/76. She paid $21.30 and $5.80. Second was Count Kara who paid $4.90. The quinella paid $307.85.

Thanks Gubes. You must fill that gap in your Turf Register library. The 70s had some great horses going around.