RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
john legend

harness racing and gallops help greyhounds

yet another enormous greyhound race today ,
$88000.00 with a turnover of less than stake .ff and tote so assuming the Duke has forgotten about the race and the sponsor put in no more than 5000 where does the stake come from. Like most greyhound races it must come from the the other 2 codes plus some from sports although individual sports are wanting bigger shares of turnover. Am I wrong or is it time for greyhounds to provide their own stake  from their own turnover. Also why cant the ff turnover be published?(instead of these mysterious huge bets ) As many cafers are involved in greyhounds would anyone be prepared to clarify ?

13 hours ago, john legend said:

yet another enormous greyhound race today ,
$88000.00 with a turnover of less than stake .ff and tote so assuming the Duke has forgotten about the race and the sponsor put in no more than 5000 where does the stake come from. Like most greyhound races it must come from the the other 2 codes plus some from sports although individual sports are wanting bigger shares of turnover. Am I wrong or is it time for greyhounds to provide their own stake  from their own turnover. Also why cant the ff turnover be published?(instead of these mysterious huge bets ) As many cafers are involved in greyhounds would anyone be prepared to clarify ?

So, how would the turnover on an average midweek gallops meeting compare to the stakes payout, compared to an average greyhound meeting? 

Your post is churlish. 

If churlish means offensive then I did not wish to be but perhaps Ms DC might like to answer the genuine question as to the source of large stakes which appear to me to be out of proportion with turnover. I have been a club secretary which struggled for turnover to get apayout that might keep the club afloat and I can only assume there is a cross subsidy going on. Maybe I should be churlish enough to seek answers under the official Information Act .On some wednesdays I havebeen the only bettor at adog meeting amd surprised to see 2500 stakes for minor races. 

if the ff was available it could be used to calculate profits or losses for distribution tp individualclubs.Of course payouts would also be needed before adding to tote profits. AS ff is now approaching 50% it clouds the turnover figures and some transparency needed esp. if total code profit is split into 3 based on the profit as it should be. If the ff is not handled carefully (like real bookmakers)therecould be a big hole in the expected figures come july 31.

its good you are interested KH. I will direct you to the last annual report 2016/17 NZ racing authority It is 53 pages long  so you can print it out but before it puts you to sleep I will tell you there is no specific enlightenment on my original queries .

17 minutes ago, john legend said:

its good you are interested KH. I will direct you to the last annual report 2016/17 NZ racing authority It is 53 pages long  so you can print it out but before it puts you to sleep I will tell you there is no specific enlightenment on my original queries .

Would you mind if I passed up your suggestion ?

I was more meaning what % of tote turnover goes to the club. I understand there is no greater % for on course thesedays.

correct it is 1 big pot nowdays so turnover is 1 total figure and it is the profit after all overhaeds inc racing authority exhorbitant salaries are removed that trickle down to clubs. then ithe club % of turnover determines the payout for stakes etc. but the more turnover the better obviously. however I still think greyhounds appear to be treated  very well cf smaller galloping and trotting clubs. It is the separation that should occur of all codes rhar would be fair.A ceo of the TAB told me some years ago greyhounds are polyfilla for racing (they fill in the gaps !) but now they seem through perhaps good presentations to be able to produce high stakes out of thin air ! (old split was around 8 or 9 % off course and 15 or 16 %on course )

10 hours ago, john legend said:

correct it is 1 big pot nowdays so turnover is 1 total figure and it is the profit after all overhaeds inc racing authority exhorbitant salaries are removed that trickle down to clubs. then ithe club % of turnover determines the payout for stakes etc. but the more turnover the better obviously. however I still think greyhounds appear to be treated  very well cf smaller galloping and trotting clubs. It is the separation that should occur of all codes rhar would be fair.A ceo of the TAB told me some years ago greyhounds are polyfilla for racing (they fill in the gaps !) but now they seem through perhaps good presentations to be able to produce high stakes out of thin air ! (old split was around 8 or 9 % off course and 15 or 16 %on course )

Would further restrictions on parasites like Brodie be helpful ?