RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
john legend

silly comments man

With the greatest goodwill in the world I have difficulty in being a fan ofMick Guerin. He canbe taken to task as the trackside/box seat producers all seem to think he is brilliant ??Last night he virtually stated the meeting at Cambridge was beneath him even commenting on it. For example he went to great lengths to describe the fact he took a miniscule bet on race 5 the fav and when it got second he was able to state loudly that other horses could win the race. so he bet only the tiniest of bets. Of course not once did the third horse get a mention other than to say it didnt hand up to the fav. quickly and made it work a bit hard. Surely there must be more intelligent presenters . Sorry Mick (I believe you are a nice guy)stick to

I'm a big fan of his and think that he does a great job, across multiple platforms; tv, print and social media. He's extremely knowledgeable with harness racing, can string a few sentences together and not afraid to at least ask a few "tougher" questions or provide an alternative point of view.  

Over 35,000 followers on twitter proves he has a following, so he must have a few clues. Plus a lot of the major racing media outlets in Australia utilize his services frequently as they value his input.

If he decided one day to leave the industry he would be missed. Left a massive hole when he departed Trackside a few years back. Sometimes you don't know what you've got until it's gone. 

13 hours ago, Rusty said:

I'm a big fan of his and think that he does a great job, across multiple platforms; tv, print and social media. He's extremely knowledgeable with harness racing, can string a few sentences together and not afraid to at least ask a few "tougher" questions or provide an alternative point of view.  

Over 35,000 followers on twitter proves he has a following, so he must have a few clues. Plus a lot of the major racing media outlets in Australia utilize his services frequently as they value his input.

If he decided one day to leave the industry he would be missed. Left a massive hole when he departed Trackside a few years back. Sometimes you don't know what you've got until it's gone. 

You got the "He Departed" bit wrong

Yup he was kinda pushed :), made a silly mistake and paid for it, that said he seems different this time in, I did like the way he presented etc his knowledge, but summits changed.....not sure about him now....his day job, ahh that would be the NZ Herald he still writes for them I think....

Cheers Iraklis

3 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Yup he was kinda pushed :), made a silly mistake and paid for it, that said he seems different this time in, I did like the way he presented etc his knowledge, but summits changed.....not sure about him now....his day job, ahh that would be the NZ Herald he still writes for them I think....

Cheers Iraklis

"Writes" is pushing it at times Iraklis....he does have a supercilious manner that grates too.....:rolleyes:

Guys was tryn to be diplomatic here okay :D what I liked was his presentation and he followed up with a lot of knowledge/info, the stuff the fans of the sport liked and of course as all the other stuff re the bettin public......only time he pissed me orf was back when The Mighty Freak came back and raced in the Rowe, in a lead-up interview Mick's assessment was Lyell's ol warlegs wouldn't allow him to be much of a challenge in The Rowe, he wrote the Champ off! fricken sacriledge that! and, well we all know what The Freak did came out and hammered em.....something is different now re Mick, one thing I do know is a lot of my friends are bettin people and alot of em say 'what he says forget, back em, what he says back, don't'.....

Cheers Iraklis

13 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Guys was tryn to be diplomatic here okay :D what I liked was his presentation and he followed up with a lot of knowledge/info, the stuff the fans of the sport liked and of course as all the other stuff re the bettin public......only time he pissed me orf was back when The Mighty Freak came back and raced in the Rowe, in a lead-up interview Mick's assessment was Lyell's ol warlegs wouldn't allow him to be much of a challenge in The Rowe, he wrote the Champ off! fricken sacriledge that! and, well we all know what The Freak did came out and hammered em.....something is different now re Mick, one thing I do know is a lot of my friends are bettin people and alot of em say 'what he says forget, back em, what he says back, don't'.....

Cheers Iraklis

He dismissed Flashing Red just prior to his NZ cup win. He was wrong, but who hasn't been wrong before? That's racing, that's punting.