RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
puha

Fav last leg of quaddie

One dollar invested with the pool at $33,512 with a $5.90 Dividend is 5,680 $1 units(16.95 % of the pool) if you add or subtract $1 it effects it by 0.17 of a $1 unit  or 17 cents on the one horse, obviously with that $1 more/less in the pool it will also have an impact on other dividends albeit particularly minor . All dividends should be posted to the exact cent,it would remove the guess work , and with the tab selling all their outlets and wanting more people to bet electronically it makes more ...sense:rolleyes:....We will have to get STD rife to talk to his mates at head office :)

2 hours ago, Gruff said:

One dollar invested with the pool at $33,512 with a $5.90 Dividend is 5,680 $1 units(16.95 % of the pool) if you add or subtract $1 it effects it by 0.17 of a $1 unit  or 17 cents on the one horse, obviously with that $1 more/less in the pool it will also have an impact on other dividends albeit particularly minor . All dividends should be posted to the exact cent,it would remove the guess work , and with the tab selling all their outlets and wanting more people to bet electronically it makes more ...sense:rolleyes:....We will have to get STD rife to talk to his mates at head office :)

If an extra $1 invested affected the dividend by 17c then you'd never have two dividends the same.  I think in this case the extra dollar affects the dividend by 0.1 of a cent rather than 17 cents. 

I think the $33,512 pool is before they deduct their 15% (or thereabouts) takeout so probably closer to $4,800 bet on the $5.90 horses.  I'm guessing they round dividends to the nearest 10 cents as that is the smallest unit of currency that they can pay out (in cash) a $1 bet.

3 hours ago, Kloppite said:

If an extra $1 invested affected the dividend by 17c then you'd never have two dividends the same.  I think in this case the extra dollar affects the dividend by 0.1 of a cent rather than 17 cents. 

I think the $33,512 pool is before they deduct their 15% (or thereabouts) takeout so probably closer to $4,800 bet on the $5.90 horses.  I'm guessing they round dividends to the nearest 10 cents as that is the smallest unit of currency that they can pay out (in cash) a $1 bet.

I’m not privy to the exact amount after the takeout so for argument sake used the shown amount in the pool klops which was $33512, I never mentioned it altering the Div 17c just the unit value which is why STD mentioned the rounding.

My point regarding the currency related to accounts , and any payout over the counter would need to be rounded because of that fact yes. :)

1 hour ago, Gruff said:

I never mentioned it altering the Div 17c just the unit value which is why STD mentioned the rounding.

Sorry I must have misunderstood when you said "if you add or subtract $1 it effects it by 0.17 of a $1 unit  or 17 cents"

FFS some people get confused very easily don't they Kloppite. The sub is the horse that has attracted the most bets (in $ value) on the win tote. Its highly unlikely two horses have exactly the same dollar amount on them. It has nothing to do with takeouts.  Remember the TAB round down every win dividend to the nearest 10c which is a massive rip off. So if horse A was paying $4.29 as a raw dividend and horse B  $4.21 they will both show $4.20 but horse B will be the sub.

Yes Gruff I'm bagging the TAB. I don't work there, never have, but no need to concede you got another thing wrong, we've come to expect that from you.

6 hours ago, SMD is rife said:

FFS some people get confused very easily don't they Kloppite. The sub is the horse that has attracted the most bets (in $ value) on the win tote. Its highly unlikely two horses have exactly the same dollar amount on them. It has nothing to do with takeouts.  Remember the TAB round down every win dividend to the nearest 10c which is a massive rip off. So if horse A was paying $4.29 as a raw dividend and horse B  $4.21 they will both show $4.20 but horse B will be the sub.

Yes Gruff I'm bagging the TAB. I don't work there, never have, but no need to concede you got another thing wrong, we've come to expect that from you.

I’m not perfect STD and have never claimed to be unlike yourself:) list the things I’ve got wrong so I can improve after all it’s all a learning curve..  Your mate klops said sorry then quoted a passage from my original post? Sorry is all he/she needed nO ? What you have described above was understood by many when they were punting at 13 but thanks :)

6 hours ago, gubellini said:

The solution is simple! Always take the field in the last leg of the quaddie! No agonising about who is the favourite and if the new favourite wins you will get a higher return!

If you take the field Gubes you want the outsider to win...…:D