RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rangi

TrotTech HRNZ

Andrew Fitzgerald who has his name as the selector on the top of the page, can anyone tell myself his background and experience in tipping harness races?

I notice he is a junior driver/trainer on hrnz website but his tipping is woeful and is lucky to get 3 winners a night in his selections

He will only mention B Orange,Dunn brothers in his comments and writes as if no other driver is capable

The TAB selections beside the fields are more informative and higher win rate

57 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

He is not alone Rangi in the tipping stakes.

Thank god The Whale is on the Box Seat this week, hopefully MG will shut up for long enough so that we can get some real decent/logic based selections

MG was stating today he spend hours doing his form research last night for the Rangiora meeting today, yet tipped Slick Joe ad DD drawn one from the mobile screams a winner. The race was a stand

Yes tuning in each week to The Box seat MG flogs on and we get no betting advise.The Whale is informative and our leading tipsters and tips out value

TrotTech HRNZ would clearly have the worst ratio winners to tips 

10 hours ago, rangi said:

Andrew Fitzgerald who has his name as the selector on the top of the page, can anyone tell myself his background and experience in tipping harness races?

I notice he is a junior driver/trainer on hrnz website but his tipping is woeful and is lucky to get 3 winners a night in his selections

He will only mention B Orange,Dunn brothers in his comments and writes as if no other driver is capable

The TAB selections beside the fields are more informative and higher win rate

I have to disagree strongly with your comments here rangi.

A Fitzgerald picks four  selections per race which is what most selectors do including the whale Today he picked 2 first pick winners, 2 second pick winners and 3 4th pick winners making 7 winners out of 9 races excluding the amaters (who no one in their right mind would try and pick).  if you had backed his first four sclections $1 win cost $36  Return $39.20  Now tell me that the whale and MG can do better than this on their patch. 

If you followed Andrews selections for the past months you would see that he picks numerous double divy winners especially around Canterbury and further south. Unfortunately I cannot say I have made money out of them as its always the next day when I check. However I regard him as a very astute and fine selector.

Andrew has been involved in harness since a very early age and   is a form analysis. Going and driving at the races and trials gives him a distinct advantage over the whale and MG, Just keep any eye on all their slections over the next month and prove me wrong. I doubt you will.

6 hours ago, harewood said:

A Fitzgerald picks four  selections per race which is what most selectors do including the whale Today he picked 2 first pick winners, 2 second pick winners and 3 4th pick winners making 7 winners out of 9 races excluding the amaters (who no one in their right mind would try and pick).  if you had backed his first four sclections $1 win cost $36  Return $39.20  Now tell me that the whale and MG can do better than this on their patch. 

If you followed Andrews selections for the past months you would see that he picks numerous double divy winners especially around Canterbury and further south. Unfortunately I cannot say I have made money out of them as its always the next day when I check. However I regard him as a very astute and fine selector.

Andrew has been involved in harness since a very early age and   is a form analysis. Going and driving at the races and trials gives him a distinct advantage over the whale and MG, Just keep any eye on all their slections over the next month and prove me wrong. I doubt you will.

I will follow the TrotTech more closely over the following month

Just going though yesterdays tips again only 2 of his tips to win actually won and his best of the day didn't win, he also didn't have Light Year Franco in his top 3 selectons

There were no tips up for Addington on Saturday night so the tip might have been keep the faith and back the Warriors

Guest Hunterthenutter
10 hours ago, harewood said:

have to agree with you harewood good young guy knows his horses 

10 hours ago, rangi said:

I will follow the TrotTech more closely over the following month

Just going though yesterdays tips again only 2 of his tips to win actually won and his best of the day didn't win, he also didn't have Light Year Franco in his top 3 selectons

There were no tips up for Addington on Saturday night so the tip might have been keep the faith and back the Warriors

Hi Rangi

First of all thanks for your comments re the Trottech selections.

i agree with you a rough day at Rangiora yesterday but it sounds as though you had a good go on Light Year Franco so well done.

The tips for Saturday’s Addington Meeting were and still are on the HRNZ website - on race day you can find the Trottech information either on the home page banner or in the “News” section. Remember to hit “Latest News” and you will be able to scroll down and find the articles involving this information. Note: We are working on a punting section on the website that will make this information easier for you to find.

We had quite a handy day on Saturday so it’s a shame you missed the post -

Best Bets: Race 3 Tennyson Bromac - $3.10 & $1.50 (better odds available on Fixed odds) and Race 8 Cullens Joy - $4.50 & $1.90 (better odds available via fixed odds) both saluted the judge.

Our value eachway bet - King Of Heroes placed 5th but went quite good i thought and isn’t far away from picking up a maiden victory.

While our early quaddie selections came up short in the last leg - our suggested late quaddie did come in.

If you had taken that suggested bet for $1 unit your total cost would have been $128 - your return was $1,130.30.

Hopefully you had a bet at Invercargill on Saturday where our two bet bests - Fun In The Dark ($2.90) & James Butt ($3.40) saluted the judge, our value best bet didn’t end up paying much but is also saluted - Cast A Shadow - $3.60/$1.70 - Our Suggested late quaddie also made a tidy profit at this meeting.

A bit about myself - I’ve been involved in in the Harness industry since i was a kid (some would still label me a kid at 22) - as a kid i used to go to meetings with my late granddad to either see the top class horses or support my uncles runners or horses my parents owned shares in. The horse  Totally Different was one of the first my mum owned a share in - aswell as my family members having White Arrow(NZ Cup runner), Reklaws Chance and now enjoying the ride with Chase Auckland.

i soon caught the racing bug and ever since my life’s been racing racing racing. In face at school when we used to do speech’s i would struggle. It wasn’t until i started doing them about Harness Racing that i was able to stand up and produce a full speech - a teacher actually had to stop me one time as i had gone way over the allocated time.

During school i helped out at a range of stables and race nights - but a passion of mine was always race day form and tipping.

i put it aside and decided to have a crack at driving and training and started my career with Peter Robertson at Templeton before heading to David Aiken in Melbourne - returning from Australia i’ve had multiple stints with Robert & John Dunn at Woodend - a 8 month stint with Brent White in Temuka and am currently training two horses (Black Art - going well & Tribeca - headache horse, has ability but not showing it on race day).

I’m enjoying the challenge that comes with the Trottech role and the up and downs of tipping. (I’d love to tip 10/10 every meeting - but if i could do that i’d probably have a relaxed professional punter lifestyle like “Brodie” does - LOL 

Feel free to message me on Facebook/chat to me at the races/email me to voice your opinions on anything you’d like to see Trottech do - or anything you think we could add in/improve as i’m certainly not saying it’s perfect but i’d love to grow the readership and add in more information that every punter wants and needs to make some $$.

Thanks very much

Andrew Fitzgerald

1 hour ago, AndrewFitzgerald said:

Hi Rangi

i agree with you a rough day at Rangiora yesterday but it sounds as though you had a good go on Light Year Franco so well done.

The tips for Saturday’s Addington Meeting were and still are on the HRNZ website - on race day you can find the Trottech information either on the home page banner or in the “News” section. Remember to hit “Latest News” and you will be able to scroll down and find the articles involving this information. Note: We are working on a punting section on the website that will make this information easier for you to find.

Best Bets: Race 3 Tennyson Bromac - $3.10 & $1.50 (better odds available on Fixed odds) and Race 8 Cullens Joy - $4.50 & $1.90 (better odds available via fixed odds) both saluted the judge.

Our value eachway bet - King Of Heroes placed 5th but went quite good i thought and isn’t far away from picking up a maiden victory.

While our early quaddie selections came up short in the last leg - our suggested late quaddie did come in.

If you had taken that suggested bet for $1 unit your total cost would have been $128 - your return was $1,130.30.

Hopefully you had a bet at Invercargill on Saturday where our two bet bests - Fun In The Dark ($2.90) & James Butt ($3.40) saluted the judge, our value best bet didn’t end up paying much but is also saluted - Cast A Shadow - $3.60/$1.70 - Our Suggested late quaddie also made a tidy profit at this meeting.

A bit about myself - I’ve been involved in in the Harness industry since i was a kid (some would still label me a kid at 22) - as a kid i used to go to meetings with my late granddad to either see the top class horses or support my uncles runners or horses my parents owned shares in. The horse  Totally Different was one of the first my mum owned a share in - aswell as my family members having White Arrow(NZ Cup runner), Reklaws Chance and now enjoying the ride with Chase Auckland.

i soon caught the racing bug and ever since my life’s been racing racing racing. In face at school when we used to do speech’s i would struggle. It wasn’t until i started doing them about Harness Racing that i was able to stand up and produce a full speech - a teacher actually had to stop me one time as i had gone way over the allocated time.

During school i helped out at a range of stables and race nights - but a passion of mine was always race day form and tipping.

i put it aside and decided to have a crack at driving and training and started my career with Peter Robertson at Templeton before heading to David Aiken in Melbourne - returning from Australia i’ve had multiple stints with Robert & John Dunn at Woodend - a 8 month stint with Brent White in Temuka and am currently training two horses (Black Art - going well & Tribeca - headache horse, has ability but not showing it on race day).

I’m enjoying the challenge that comes with the Trottech role and the up and downs of tipping. (I’d love to tip 10/10 every meeting - but if i could do that i’d probably have a relaxed professional punter lifestyle like “Brodie” does - LOL 

Feel free to message me on Facebook/chat to me at the races/email me to voice your opinions on anything you’d like to see Trottech do - or anything you think we could add in/improve as i’m certainly not saying it’s perfect but i’d love to grow the readership and add in more information that every punter wants and needs to make some $$.

Thanks very much

Andrew Fitzgerald

Must go down as the most respectful reply ever seen on this website. 

2 hours ago, AndrewFitzgerald said:

Hi Rangi

Thanks very much

Andrew Fitzgerald

Thanks for coming on and giving your side of the argument to...really appreciate your participation ...Scooby.

5 hours ago, AndrewFitzgerald said:

Hi Rangi

Thanks very much

Andrew Fitzgerald

Hi Andrew

I appreciate your time and effort to reply and put your name to interesting facts about yourself

Your training/driving record is impressive

Yes it may have been I looked in the wrong area on Saturday , as I only seen Invercargil tips

As for Sunday , yes I did get a good return on Light Year Franco and  I guess this punting caper would be boring if we all liked and backed the same horses

Thanks again for your informative reply and hope to see you at the jewels to put a face to the name and hope you can tip me a winner

Keep the hard work up

thanks Rangi

7 hours ago, AndrewFitzgerald said:

Well said Andrew and keep up the good work finding those winners and longshots.

3 hours ago, westview said:

Piss poor effort tonight 

had a go at the first quad at Alex park , coupled up Andrews first four picks and only got a percentage of three and a half grand.very disappointed the second horse didn't get up as it would have been thirteen and a half. Well Dunn Harry Potter.

Thanks Westview - a handy night and it sounds like you made a couple of dollars which is the main thing. $$$$

2 hours ago, westview said:

Another poor effort, just got second treble, five hundred, go you good thing.

Happy to train one for Westview Syndicate if you’re cashed up Lol

Andrew- With your knowledge of the work and doing of the Dunn stable , I agree with your best bet today

Interesting comments around Awesome Speed being turned down good money for it recently so the stable must believe it is better than the horses it is racing today and should be a good bet?

I notice your horses performed well at the recent trials so are they worth following when they race, I noticed a unknown driver on Black Art does he work for you?

I didn't get to put a face to the name yesterday but it was a enjoyable day on course and the weather was good but it did cool off a lot later in the day

A good day at Ashburton - got the late quaddie for $315 which was tricky.

Still indebted to Greg O'C a beer for tipping a $1,400 quaddie at Mot late January where Gee Up Neddy won at long odds.

When lost for what to have a dabble on, these guys do well.

9 hours ago, rangi said:

Andrew- With your knowledge of the work and doing of the Dunn stable , I agree with your best bet today

Interesting comments around Awesome Speed being turned down good money for it recently so the stable must believe it is better than the horses it is racing today and should be a good bet?

I notice your horses performed well at the recent trials so are they worth following when they race, I noticed a unknown driver on Black Art does he work for you?

I didn't get to put a face to the name yesterday but it was a enjoyable day on course and the weather was good but it did cool off a lot later in the day

Hi Rangi 

Sorry i’ve only just seen your message now and didn’t get a chance to catch up yesterday but hopefully you heard the noise from the Boys Get Paid team.

They both went well at the trials and are both heading towards Nelson on Friday/Sunday. Tribeca works well and has had some problems but if the right one turns up he might upset them. Black Art was just in to follow them around and Jesse Alford drove him.

Jesse’s a friend of mine who has his trials licence and is trying to get his required amount of drives to get his license later on. He’ll just drive his own for a bit of fun - but i’m happy to help out people like that as i know how tough it is starting out and trying to get drives. He also had a drive for Tom Bargie so its good to see trainers supporting the young guys.

Thought it was a great day yesterday and big effort from David Branch & his team. Certainly pulled it off

Thanks

Andrew

• 17 hours ago, AndrewFitzgerald said:

Hi Rangi 

Sorry i’ve only just seen your message now and didn’t get a chance to catch up yesterday but hopefully you heard the noise from the Boys Get Paid team.

They both went well at the trials and are both heading towards Nelson on Friday/Sunday. Tribeca works well and has had some problems but if the right one turns up he might upset them. Black Art was just in to follow them around and Jesse Alford drove him.

Jesse’s a friend of mine who has his trials licence and is trying to get his required amount of drives to get his license later on. He’ll just drive his own for a bit of fun - but i’m happy to help out people like that as i know how tough it is starting out and trying to get drives. He also had a drive for Tom Bargie so its good to see trainers supporting the young guys.

Thought it was a great day yesterday and big effort from David Branch & his team. Certainly pulled it off

Thanks

Andrew

Andrew

Yes indeed I did hear the big crowd of young people yelling in the stand and when I asked who they were I was advised and thought it is great to see young people enjoying themselves at the trots

Yes the Cambridge Club run a great day and the weather played its part even though it cooled off a lot for the later races

I will have a wee investment on your runners in Nelson and it sounds like you have taken away any value on Tribeca now

On ‎3‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 8:51 PM, AndrewFitzgerald said:

Hi Rangi 

Thanks

Andrew

Well done with your horses today Andrew and your Trottech comments on Black Art got me the trifecta straight

Watching Tribeca race today it looked like the horse over raced badly for DD but at the trials it settled well for you

All the best on Sunday and I hope you find some black bookers

1 hour ago, rangi said:

Well done with your horses today Andrew and your Trottech comments on Black Art got me the trifecta straight

Watching Tribeca race today it looked like the horse over raced badly for DD but at the trials it settled well for you

All the best on Sunday and I hope you find some black bookers

Wow rangi looks like you found a new friend in AF....so very helpful too and respectful.

I guess things/people are often not what they may appear at first and there is wisdom in taking a deep breathe before letting loose on the keyboard !

4 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

Wow rangi looks like you found a new friend in AF....so very helpful too and respectful.

I guess things/people are often not what they may appear at first and there is wisdom in taking a deep breathe before letting loose on the keyboard !

Tasman 11- yes I commend Andrew for coming on here and putting his facts forward and his driving is to be commended