RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
puha

Waikato trainers Ruakaka/Hastings

No one likes the long travelling distances but given the option which location would you prefer to start your horses considering cost of travel  racing surface etc? 

14 hours ago, Mattski said:

Could they have winter Saturdays at Taupo??

My understanding is the they lease the land from the car racing and can only have meetings when that is not on. Over the year it is used alot

On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 9:02 AM, Chris Wood said:

Neither venue would survive without the Waikato horses!

an interesting point...probably true, but equally true (?) to say the Waikato/Akld trainers wouldn't survive without Ruakaka and Hastings tracks to race on.

At the most recent Ruakaka meeting (mid May) the track was in the best nick ever!

That is great, but a lot of horses that are in work at this time of the year are wet trackers, so how does that help connections being forced to drive past the prestige Ellerslie, and head up there?

I do hope the renovations on the track are successful, still not quite sure why they did not go the Strathayr way, I did get a few feeble excuses from one board member several months ago, but I do love racing there and with the new stabling facilities looking good on plan, onwards and upwards with a bit of luck.

Renovations on NZ tracks are not one of our stronger points, Avondale, Counties, Tauranga, Awapuni and Otaki spring to mind.

21 hours ago, Chris Wood said:

That is great, but a lot of horses that are in work at this time of the year are wet trackers, so how does that help connections being forced to drive past the prestige Ellerslie, and head up there?

I do hope the renovations on the track are successful, still not quite sure why they did not go the Strathayr way, I did get a few feeble excuses from one board member several months ago, but I do love racing there and with the new stabling facilities looking good on plan, onwards and upwards with a bit of luck.

Renovations on NZ tracks are not one of our stronger points, Avondale, Counties, Tauranga, Awapuni and Otaki spring to mind.

Avondale is wasted why race a Ruakaka when you have one of the best winter tracks just sitting there...stupid why its not used more...so much better than the swamp Counties.

Avondale was good Scooby when they were doing the sand work on it, but for what reason it was never finished, and now the surface is as heavy as any other course except TeRapa up our way.

Sitting on the couch here at home and the jockeys are complaining of visibility problems!

What next, it is winter racing for god’s sake!

I won’t say anymore.......

If it’s to windy you can’t race at Te Rapa  the rail blows down .Now they’ve created a sand storm so the jocks can’t see not to mention the inside trials track that is a non event .What next ?    

On 5/27/2018 at 10:06 AM, TurnipOrange said:

Hastings track does not have the consistency of the Ruakaka track over winter, Ruakaka never really gets past dead 6 !!! at its worst 

7 hours ago, Chris Wood said:

Avondale was good Scooby when they were doing the sand work on it, but for what reason it was never finished, and now the surface is as heavy as any other course except TeRapa up our way.

Sitting on the couch here at home and the jockeys are complaining of visibility problems!

What next, it is winter racing for god’s sake!

I won’t say anymore.......

Totally agree. Shakes head - I have no words for this b/s. How can it even be called an industry when its run by a bunch of spineless wimps.