RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Counties Abandoned

24 minutes ago, The Diceman Cometh said:

Do your form lad, before engaging brain.....

On Saturday August 30 2014 none of the 1200 races held that day were run in under 1.13.00

The 1400 were around 1.28 and the 1600 was won in 1.40

Thanks for proving my point.... pissing down with rain and racing on the rail 4 1200m races all1.13 and change.

Now please explain how irrigation has no affect on tracks in winter....assuming they were still watering in April and began in October

Explain  how irrigation promotes grass root depth

Explain how irrigation stops weeds growing

Explain why irrigated fairways don't hold up as well as non irrigated in winter.

Explain how irrigation lowers the water table.

Explain how my lawn is firmer than Counties track today

Explain how the rugby wasn't cancelled today around the sports fields

Explain how the penetrometer reading will better in the carpark than on the Counties track 

Explain how the tracks were in better condition in May years ago before irrigation.

Explain with all the money spent maintaining racetracks the surface is generally softer than non irrigated turf.

Explain why horses  race off the rail in summer when there is rain around degrading the product.

I genuinely would like the answers to those plus my original question

1 hour ago, 100 1 said:

Thanks for proving my point.... pissing down with rain and racing on the rail 4 1200m races all1.13 and change.

Now please explain how irrigation has no affect on tracks in winter....assuming they were still watering in April and began in October

Explain  how irrigation promotes grass root depth

Explain how irrigation stops weeds growing

Explain why irrigated fairways don't hold up as well as non irrigated in winter.

Explain how irrigation lowers the water table.

Explain how my lawn is firmer than Counties track today

Explain how the rugby wasn't cancelled today around the sports fields

Explain how the penetrometer reading will better in the carpark than on the Counties track 

Explain how the tracks were in better condition in May years ago before irrigation.

Explain with all the money spent maintaining racetracks the surface is generally softer than non irrigated turf.

Explain why horses  race off the rail in summer when there is rain around degrading the product.

I genuinely would like the answers to those plus my original question

We're over-analysing things these days 100. Everyone seems to want tracks a Dead 4 or whatever. Nobody wants to race on anything heavy, or hard and fast. Oh yes, I know about preserving horses etc etc but this is where horsemanship comes in. What happened in the days pre-irrigation? Horses raced all year round, generally had many more starts than most today and fields we a lot bigger. No answers mate, just observations but in the interests of the industry and those who are trying to keep it afloat (thats owners, trainers & punters) there are more questions than answers.

12 minutes ago, Blue said:

We're over-analysing things these days 100. Everyone seems to want tracks a Dead 4 or whatever. Nobody wants to race on anything heavy, or hard and fast. Oh yes, I know about preserving horses etc etc but this is where horsemanship comes in. What happened in the days pre-irrigation? Horses raced all year round, generally had many more starts than most today and fields we a lot bigger. No answers mate, just observations but in the interests of the industry and those who are trying to keep it afloat (thats owners, trainers & punters) there are more questions than answers.

Trainers may want dead tracks....Punters DON"T

The best way to degrade racing is having horses race off the rail on supposedly good tracks....a punters nightmare.

The best way to reduce turnovers!

I would prefer  races on fast smooth tracks with predictable positioning.

20 hours ago, Belinda said:

However it is uneven/rough surfaces that break a horse down not wet ones

Have noticed a lot of horses sustain injuries at Te Rapa . Especially fetlocks.