RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Overcheck

Rugby Hooker

Which poses another head scratcher.       The rules say balls into scrums and lineouts must be straight - yet referees turn blind eye to dog leg put in to scrums but a throw into the lineout which is just a whisker off the straight and narrow courts a sharp blast on the whistle.    And further what has always struck me as inconsistent - why is the "penalty" for a crooked throw into a lineout just a scrum, opponents ball, when a crooked throw into a scrum incurs a penalty kick and possible points??

10 hours ago, eljay said:

The prop does not hook the ball.    The half back throws it straight in to the second row.      :lol:

Then if that is the case there is no such thing as a hooker in the historical position, which now should be renamed I would have thought. The centre position of the front row doesn't do any hooking anymore.

On 5/25/2018 at 10:06 AM, eljay said:

Which poses another head scratcher.       The rules say balls into scrums and lineouts must be straight - yet referees turn blind eye to dog leg put in to scrums but a throw into the lineout which is just a whisker off the straight and narrow courts a sharp blast on the whistle.    And further what has always struck me as inconsistent - why is the "penalty" for a crooked throw into a lineout just a scrum, opponents ball, when a crooked throw into a scrum incurs a penalty kick and possible points??

Not straight throw to line-out a "technique" issue whereas not straight to the scrum considered more "deliberate". Maybe?