RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

Trainers UDR

Always interesting to look up HRNZ premiership stats as we head into the back end of each season , especially in relation to UDRs.

All stars lead the way with a rate of 0.473. Only two others reach the magical 0.4 mark Graeme Anderson and Mitchell Kerr. My interest however lies in the opposite end of the spectrum for the purposes of this thread. Its amazing how many trainers lie below 0.15 and how public some of them are. Surely owners must be awake to such continual failures or does sentiment play a bigger role than many thought in the sport.

Be interested to hear others views on this matter

14 minutes ago, lamour said:

Sometimes it may just be an indication of the quality of the horses,or lack of, that they are getting.  

I hear you Lamour but surely with all the trials these days trainers should not be taking slow ones to the races too often. It wont do much to enhance their reputation as a professional. IMHO

2 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

I hear you Lamour but surely with all the trials these days trainers should not be taking slow ones to the races too often. It wont do much to enhance their reputation as a professional. IMHO

You are a complete muppet.  

If they recognise they are slow ones they shouldn't be bleeding the bill-payers by keeping them in work but rather go and buy a hamburger bar. An old saying -there's no hope for the hopeless. Training daily fees should include a profit margin, I accept that, but look at some of the stakes some stables are earning then take the trainers % and many are making sweet FA so why are they still in business? At least the trainer gets a % of the gross stake earning. The owner then has all the expenses deducted from his. It's a hard game but while a "licence" says you are officially a trainer it doesn't make you a professional or a businessman.

are the horses being let run down the track often so they lose points and wait until they get into  suitable race?

The export list shows that trainers are more often than not selling their better cattle to overseas buyers and getting a big fat cheque

1 hour ago, rangi said:

are the horses being let run down the track often so they lose points and wait until they get into  suitable race?

The export list shows that trainers are more often than not selling their better cattle to overseas buyers and getting a big fat cheque

You would need to ask the trainers with.poor UDRs

It happens in other codes but they sack them quicker in gallops.

13 hours ago, Blue said:

If they recognise they are slow ones they shouldn't be bleeding the bill-payers by keeping them in work but rather go and buy a hamburger bar. An old saying -there's no hope for the hopeless. Training daily fees should include a profit margin, I accept that, but look at some of the stakes some stables are earning then take the trainers % and many are making sweet FA so why are they still in business? At least the trainer gets a % of the gross stake earning. The owner then has all the expenses deducted from his. It's a hard game but while a "licence" says you are officially a trainer it doesn't make you a professional or a businessman.

My point exactly Blue. Why do trainers persevere with slow horses that waste trainers time and owners money

9 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

And you sir are a complete troll.....stop or move on to where you kind find a home...cheers.

Not sure what you mean here  90% of people are in this game for love alone, no money in it and incredibly expensive.  The ignorance of some people floors me!!!

On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 2:38 PM, Fartoomuch said:

Always interesting to look up HRNZ premiership stats as we head into the back end of each season , especially in relation to UDRs.

All stars lead the way with a rate of 0.473. Only two others reach the magical 0.4 mark Graeme Anderson and Mitchell Kerr. My interest however lies in the opposite end of the spectrum for the purposes of this thread. Its amazing how many trainers lie below 0.15 and how public some of them are. Surely owners must be awake to such continual failures or does sentiment play a bigger role than many thought in the sport.

Be interested to hear others views on this matter

some interesting statistics from addington last week as you referred to Purdon/Kerr

Purdon/Rassmussen 15 starters-5 wins- 2 trifectas in the two group one races

M Kerr-1 starter-0 wins

G & N Hope-3 starters-1 win

K & T Barron 4 starters-1 win

M Jones 5 starters-1 win

N McGrath 4 starters-0 wins

R Dunn 12 starters-1 win

C Dalgety 4 starters-0 wins

G Smith 3 starter-0 wins

43 minutes ago, Booby Bec said:

Not sure what you mean here  90% of people are in this game for love alone, no money in it and incredibly expensive.  The ignorance of some people floors me!!!

Either you stop trolling or end up with your mate hunter the troll....your choice you seem to nothing more than troll Fartoomuch..enough...not wanted this type of attitude here...cheers.

On 5/25/2018 at 8:21 AM, Fartoomuch said:

My point exactly Blue. Why do trainers persevere with slow horses that waste trainers time and owners money

Without these trainers there would only be a handful of starters in every race?   I wouldn't be happy owning horses with no chance of being competitive.