RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
chevy86

More Positive Attention for Racing

I see granny Herald has a story about the Electoral Commission investigating Patrick Hogan's advertisement in the Informant cajoling people to support NZ First. According to a law expert either Hogan or NZFirst has acted unlawfully. Maybe someone can post the article.

i see no issue with Sir Patrick Hogan advocating for a political party he stands by.

I also see no issue with NZ First leader seeking advice on how to help the industry

and given that now there is now some magnifying glass over Peters.. its attempting to lead one to some sort of conspiracy.

Its laughable given that he is afterall the racing Minister!!

34 minutes ago, 6xes said:

i see no issue with Sir Patrick Hogan advocating for a political party he stands by.

I also see no issue with NZ First leader seeking advice on how to help the industry

and given that now there is now some magnifying glass over Peters.. its attempting to lead one to some sort of conspiracy.

Its laughable given that he is afterall the racing Minister!!

You may well see no issue but electoral rules are rules. 

11 minutes ago, tonkatime said:

You may well see no issue but electoral rules are rules. 

Its a BS rule.. that inhibits the public from taking a active role in supporting their ideals

and it is hinging on a persons right to exhibit his rights to express their views 

Whats more... for the article to say that Sir Patrick Hogan carried out some illegal activity and to force him into submission under the rule... is downright oppressive!!

10 hours ago, 6xes said:

Its a BS rule.. that inhibits the public from taking a active role in supporting their ideals

and it is hinging on a persons right to exhibit his rights to express their views 

If we follow your logic, then a Mining Company that wants to dredge for gold in Waitemata Harbour but needs to change legislation and environmental rules to have a chance to dredge, could spend $20m on électoral adverts, without any disclosures on who it was supporting. That’s why we have Electoral Laws - so that there’s transparency. If Sir P has broken the laws, it would be out of “ignorance” of such law I would suggest -and as they say, “ignorance of the law” is a weak defence.

The thing that surprises me about this issue is that NZF did not tell Sir Patrick it had to be authorised and just got on and authorised it. The guys running the Informant are experienced journos --you would think they would know of the requirement ( I would think a large percentage of Joe public would know of it since every billboard , advert in the newpapers, on radio, on TV has the note at the end of it). Also I think Sir Patrick did an advert last election (stand to be corrected on that) --what happened on that occasion ?

It just goes to show that having money doesn't necessarily equate to having influence.

I recall the murmurs per election regarding the Cambridge Exclusive Friday Drinkers Club going to be able to steer Whisky Winn into power and the fantastic flow on effect it would have, particularly to that group of, and I use the word loosely, gentlemen.

Between them they would have hundreds of millions in real estate collateral, spread throughout NZ and Australia, but surprisingly, their combined IQ would struggle to be anywhere near 100 when it came to the decision to back the conniving old soak.

Well boys, I'll bet the drinks have tasted somewhat sour these past few months, and if my mail is anywhere near accurate, the Messara Sideshow has already been cast adrift, with the captain abandoning ship.

Bottoms up Boys.

8 hours ago, Trump said:

If we follow your logic, then a Mining Company that wants to dredge for gold in Waitemata Harbour but needs to change legislation and environmental rules to have a chance to dredge, could spend $20m on électoral adverts, without any disclosures on who it was supporting. That’s why we have Electoral Laws - so that there’s transparency. If Sir P has broken the laws, it would be out of “ignorance” of such law I would suggest -and as they say, “ignorance of the law” is a weak defence.

I see no problem in both mining company or Sir Patrick Hogan supporting their chosen Party... that is what i consider a Freedom

in all honesty its secondary to the choice we have to cast our vote.

And as i said before... to restrict a person to show their support... and then to fine them is oppressive.

afterall.... advertising can come under all manner of forms. whether its a Publication, public speaking,facebook, twitter or writing on your fence.. everyone has a right to carry that freedom out without being penalised

8 hours ago, poundforpound said:

We need Desmond Morris to do a research paper on the type of person who votes for and or supports NZF 

Clearly ( using 6xes ) as an example were not looking at the deep end of the gene pool here, and one would hope this type of voter wouldn’t currently be breeding ( humans that is ).

I see right through your supposed arguments...

you  pit yourself against the very person(Peters) who helps the racing industry... yet you remain unhappy?? why is that i wonder??

Do you enjoy moaning about Winston Peters all day everyday 24/7 365

what is with the whinging?

perhaps some research should be done in that area of Nz first!! heh

Time to open a book on the odds of Peters getting a knighthood from the fecund one. Would have to get through on the Maori quota as his political contribution somewhat tarnished.( although not a supporter I applaud Clark for 2 things--smoke-free agenda and getting rid of those obscene titular honours)

To his credit, Whisky Winn did come up with one quote a few years ago that truly reflected his character.....

"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have quickly learnt that it bears a very close resemblance to the first - I can screw who I like when I like and all on a tax payer funded first class gravy train. Giddy Up"

1 hour ago, The Diceman Cometh said:

Entertainment requires talent and flair.

You display neither, so why not just bore the shit out of  me anyway with a 1000 word piece in 5 minutes on Whisky Winn's political achievements.

If you get to 100 words I'll be very surprised.

Good luck....your time starts now.

8AB9EF44-9FD2-4780-AE84-658C69BE2DFB_cx0

A picture is worth a thousand words!! what does this tell you about his achievements!!??

Not bad for a MP who never got elected in his own electorate!!

Do you think he might have read the book Art of the Deal? lol

I found a few more of his dribbling ....

• One word sums up probably the responsibility of any deputy prime minister, and that one word is 'to be prepared.'
  • I love Auckland, I practically grew up in Hamilton.
  • It's wonderful to be here in the great Province of Invercargill.
  • I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have was that I didn't study Latin harder in school so I could converse with those people.
  • We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe.
  • The global importance of the Middle East is that it keeps the Far East and the Near East from encroaching on each other.
  • We're going to have the best-educated Kiwi people in the world.
  • I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change.
  • We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur.
  • The future will be better tomorrow, especially for the Racing Industry.