RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
puha

Training costs AU

Why go to Waller/Waterhouse and co and pay much more? There are a lot of really good trainers that are reasonable. Toby Edmonds (Gold Coast), Matt Dunn (Murwillumbah), Bussuttin (Cranbourne), Patrick Payne (Ballarat) to name a few. But if you have a good one, I’d ask D Weir if he would take it. None better.

no change from $120 Puha......most of the 'top' charge about 130-150. However, and it's a huge however, running costs can be much cheaper than NZ.......raceday is a no brainer, if your horse is up to city class, the starters incentive can be 2K paid back to 10th...plus an incentive fee of 200 bucks, so, you will end up in front even if down the track......in NZ we were slugged close to 700 bucks just to trial ,[Otaki to Waverley] after the floating and ancillary costs.....our friends here kacked themselves laughing when we showed them.......that sort of thing will eventually kill of the owner over there.....instead of incentivising they are being spurned.......anyway I'm wasting electricity as it falls on deaf ears....John Messara will address it no doubt, as should the absolutely useless trainers association who have been silent for so long and now are squealing like a trapped mouse....

5 minutes ago, Aaron Bidlake said:

haha, nice work. Is that why I have nothing in work anymore, no one can afford to have one with me

Wouldn’t think so main problem is you have to have major shares in Most you race these days as only the foolhardy and passionate are left standing.

On 5/20/2018 at 7:00 PM, rdytdy said:

With Chris Waller, from what I can figure, between $4000 - $4500 a month?   

So it’s cheaper to race a slow one in NZ ?

8 hours ago, Trump said:

I think that given the prize money on offer, racing in Aust is far more attractive. Any diff in training fees would be negated by the “significant” diff in prize money. 

I see go racing are advertising one at present  10% share 18k and $450a month per 10% share. At this costing would it need to be city class to pay it’s way ?

8 hours ago, Trump said:

I think that given the prize money on offer, racing in Aust is far more attractive. Any diff in training fees would be negated by the “significant” diff in prize money. 

You've still got to win , that's not a given in this game.

2 minutes ago, puha said:

I see go racing are advertising one at present  10% share 18k and $450a month per 10% share. At this costing would it need to be city class to pay it’s way ?

That Ad has become radio Spam I feel like I'm hearing it 5 times a day. Half sister by Contributor only sold for $1.5k at May Sale as someone pointed out.

On 5/20/2018 at 7:33 PM, puha said:

you have to have major shares in Most you race these days as only the foolhardy and passionate are left standing.

Even the passionate are leaving it to some-one else these days ! ... e.g ...Mates that would chuck in 50 bucks ea. to be in a syndicate

I notice that Puha, can the ownership costs be written off over time as a trainer?...is that why they are last to abandon ship?...

or is it simply the fact they love the game and are hanging in there for the miracle Peters / Mesara recovery package.?  

14 hours ago, Huey said:

That Ad has become radio Spam I feel like I'm hearing it 5 times a day. Half sister by Contributor only sold for $1.5k at May Sale as someone pointed out.

The Reliable Man colt being syndicated went through the ring as a weanling for 50 K and 160k as a yearling .Pretty good bit of pinhooking I reckon.1500 bucks for the year younger sister by what could be a decent stallion in Contributor could be a bargain on paper. Must say though seems bit too cheap to my untrained eye. The grandam went through the ring in Ireland as a 10 year old broodmare from Aga Khan draft for 150000 Euros so must be a bit in the family , mind you anything from Aga Khan breeding programme is a blue blood. Anyway cheap if it wins AJC Derby I suppose.