RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ivanthegreat

TAB......... Please explain

18 minutes ago, SMD is rife said:

No Barry, you need to read Page 195 of the betting rules. 

Well you learn something everyday & all as that does is highlight how farking terrible these bets are when the TAB are telling you what combos are going to have a fraction more on them.

Seriously there would be less than 1% of punters who would even be able to understand that, least of all even know it existed. I certainly didn't.

43 minutes ago, barryb said:

Well you learn something everyday & all as that does is highlight how farking terrible these bets are when the TAB are telling you what combos are going to have a fraction more on them.

Seriously there would be less than 1% of punters who would even be able to understand that, least of all even know it existed. I certainly didn't.

No Barry, they always say a minimum of 5%. Some combos are 5%, some are 6%. And what's so hard to understand about it?

Isn’t it all irrelevant, the pool is shared to all live units after first and only resulted leg, if you have multiple 5% units it’s not hard to work out the result nO ? I don’t blame you Ivan the Tab here are so useless you feel you can’t trust them:)

14 % odd of the  pool were on I’ll swiss miss at 1009 $1 units of the $7000, of which you had 60% ... $4.20  at $7 .... you take small %, bet on larger pools Ivan :)....or on terminating pools 

30 minutes ago, Gruff said:

SMD is a smart ass Bazza,anyone who can degrade others on an open forum isn’t worth farting on :)

Interesting you say that, as reading some of his previous posts, I would have sworn he was connected to the TAB or NZTR somehow.

Just had another look through and you are right, almost all of his posts have similar themes in shitting on people, just a rude f--king prick.

You can't think of a $7 percentage quaddie as a $7 bet, because it's not one bet. It's 120 individual bets, some with a stake of $0.05 and some with a stake of $0.06. So, "I had a $7 bet and had the winner in the first leg, some other people didn't have the winner, therefore I should get my $7 back plus a share of the money from the people who didn't have the winner" is faulty thinking. While you had the first leg winner on some of your tickets, you also had first leg losers on most of your tickets.

In reality, you had 12 winning $0.05 bets, each of which paid out $0.35. You also had 108 losing $0.05 & $0.06 bets, which paid out nothing.

On 5/20/2018 at 6:51 PM, barryb said:

Interesting you say that, as reading some of his previous posts, I would have sworn he was connected to the TAB or NZTR somehow.

Just had another look through and you are right, almost all of his posts have similar themes in shitting on people, just a rude f--king prick.

Exactly and you should treat him that way rather than run off elsewhere and run my site down.... grow a pair and give it back to him!!!

Good to see the Newmarketloser is still lurking.....or is it Rob...hmmm....either way he won't be here as anything other than a guest...:D

Ivan

whenever you take the field in a quaddie leg with 11 horses, if the winner pays $11 you are on your way to break even, if the winner pays less than $11 you are on your way to a loss. 

With the last three legs abandoned the Quaddie became a simple win bet. You had pretty much 60c to win on each of 11 horses. 10 of them LOST, the other won and paid 7. 

22 hours ago, ivanthegreat said:

I think it was 5% but is that relevant ?

Of course it's relevant. You only get 5% of the declared divi. You are just lucky you had the field in the second leg, if you only had one runner you would have ended up with 35c. You are probably lucky it was abandoned really. If you only had one runner in the last two legs your chances of getting anything were virtually nil. Almost getting your money back wasn't a bad result.

21 hours ago, barryb said:

You would be far far better taking 3 $5 Horses in a $10 % any 2 Multi, if all 3 win you get $500 if 2 win you get $62.50. A lot more likely than you striking a $1000 quaddie to win $50.

I still have the book "fortune on four" hidden away somewhere,

but in reality I like % trebles ...(entertainment value and pay more than all up prices)

And yeah Barry, your suggestion is  a sound one with best 3 of the day...( and put $5 a win on the 3 of em)...

can people personally message me with punting plans / systems.

Would make a good post on its own (I might write a book on it).

6 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

You are just lucky you had the field in the second leg, if you only had one runner you would have ended up with 35c. 

:unsure:   I see what you mean SMD.

The number of runners he took in the second leg had no impact on the collect.  If he'd only taken one runner in the second leg then he would have had 11 combinations (instead of 132) and would have had 60% (instead of 5%).  The collect would still have been $4.20.

On 5/21/2018 at 7:17 PM, Kloppite said:

The number of runners he took in the second leg had no impact on the collect.  If he'd only taken one runner in the second leg then he would have had 11 combinations (instead of 132) and would have had 60% (instead of 5%).  The collect would still have been $4.20.

Lucky we have you two to straighten us out, if it makes you feel better as it does STD I spose it’s a positive :)

On 5/21/2018 at 7:17 PM, Kloppite said:

You are adding in extrapolations that I never mentioned. I said if he had one runner and a 5% share he would have got a few cents. I think he has got the message now anyhow. There isn't a lot of value in a 5% share of most pools.