RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ivanthegreat

TAB......... Please explain

So RIVERTON gets called off , ok shit happens, but what about this.

Took a $7 % quaddie on races 2 -5.

Got the 1st winner which going by the fixed odds was 5/11 in the betting with even the trainer not giving it much show. pays about $8.

I have the field in the next rung into the last legs.

Meeting gets called off.......................... Q : How much of the $7 would you expect back. ??

I'll tell you after a few responses.

11.13.8 Abandonments (a) Where, after the scheduled start time of the first Quaddie Race, any Race in a Quaddie is abandoned, all Selections on that Race shall be deemed to be winners and the Dividend Pool will be divided on that basis.

image.png.f403c5cc824416c942fb7567a58ecee2.png

Paid it correctly according to what I can see.

12 minutes ago, ivanthegreat said:

$4.20 ........ Go figure.

Am I sharing it with people that missed the 1st leg ?

If I have all runners in the 2nd leg I  have 2 winners as well yet I don't even get my dough back.

What % did you have Ivan?

3 minutes ago, barryb said:

12x1x1 =12 x $7 x 5% = $4.20

I don't understand the formula above. It implies I get a % of my own money back.

No benefit for the 1st leg winner ?

After all they expect those that lost on the 1st leg to forfeit all.

Maybe the winning dividend in race one should be included somehow ?? Also the fact that I have the 2nd winner as well ?

I don't really give a monkey's but its the principle isn't it .  

I will use a different knife this time.............. Soooooooooooo    a $7 investment that appreciates in value by the amount those that missed the 1st winner by needs a refund because the races are called of.

I expect a minimum of my investment back + some % of what the losers lost on the 1st leg.

Where did their money go ?

O'h did I really ask that F@#$%&# question.

1 minute ago, ivanthegreat said:

I will use a different knife this time.............. Soooooooooooo    a $7 investment that appreciates in value by the amount those that missed the 1st winner by needs a refund because the races are called of.

I expect a minimum of my investment back + some % of what the losers lost on the 1st leg.

Where did their money go ?

O'h did I really ask that F@#$%&# question.

How many runners did you have in the first leg?

4 minutes ago, ivanthegreat said:

Tonkatime................Field.

BarryB has given the TAB's interpretation of the refund , I choose to question it.

A bare minimum would surely be money back ?

Barry’s formula makes perfect sense to me. My thinking would be the total spend is irrelevant as that includes 14 losing combinations.

38 minutes ago, ivanthegreat said:

Tonkatime................Field.

BarryB has given the TAB's interpretation of the refund , I choose to question it.

A bare minimum would surely be money back ?

No, for the reason there would be plenty who have made a nice profit from the outcome.

Your problem Ivan is you had far too many combinations for the small investment made giving you a very small %.

Its such a poor return when you take tiny % that its not worth the effort.

If it pays $1000 you collect $50 for all the hassle you went too looking through 4 races & then its highly unlikely that you are still alive after the 4 races.

When all as you needed to do was find 1 $7 winner for the same outcome.

You would be far far better taking 3 $5 Horses in a $10 % any 2 Multi, if all 3 win you get $500 if 2 win you get $62.50. A lot more likely than you striking a $1000 quaddie to win $50.

1 minute ago, ivanthegreat said:

No, for the reason there would be plenty who have made a nice profit from the outcome.

WHO ?

Are you serious Ivan? You are taking the piss aren't you?

Anyone who didn't have so many combos like you did. You had far too many for the small % you took

Here's a little tip for you Ivan, taking field combinations in Quaddies, Trebles, & Doubles means that many of the runners you have selected are going around at chronic unders for you.

Why?

Because you have the same stake on all of them regardless of what the price is. 

ie: you had 5c on your 120 combinations regardless of what price the horse was.

PS: Ivan you also lost 0.8c  on each combo as well. as you actually had 5.8c per combo but as they round down you lost .8c per combo.

If they had paid out your 5.8% you would have collected $4.87 

Had you have spent an extra 20c you would collected a full additional %.