RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
john legend

alta orlando

For a horse to win from  30 mtres behind some good horses last night at Addington in a time of 3.56.1 is something rather special. but as usual thetipping experts were hung up on 2 other runners and gave little or no credence to Alta orlandos chances. This was pleasing to say the least as a worthwhile bet at 7.90 was very nice. Alta Orlando was pos the best 3 year old of his year before going amiss and being sacked by the Purdon team who tried valiantly to get him backto his best. The intelligence and perseverence of the Dunn team has meant now some years later from the great 3 year old days he is looking to fulfill his early promise. One day the "experts"may have to concede they got it wrong and this horse is a true contender in big Cup races in the coming season.

Not quite accurate John but reads great if you are anti the All-Stars, he was a good 2yo then had 3 starts as a 3yo before breaking down and as there was no guarantee from the Vets he would come back as a potential cup horse at 6yo it was decided to give him away(and not lease) and with one of the new owners one being a Vet they had time and possibly minimal cost to repair him. As an aside, there were probably 35 more horses waiting at the gait and you will see some of them now competing in group 1 races successfully. The new owners deserve everything they get for putting the time and patience into Alto Orlando and the original owners would not begrudge them success. 

spike pleased to hear someone sees it as it is . The TV boys had eamon maguire as unbeatable and ags white socks the only danger.yes Lee meant late 2 year season as his 3 year season was cut short.I did hear AO. virtually given away and very,very few ever come back to even a shadow of their former glory. I dont knock All stars but am looking forward to see just how far Robert and John can go with Alta Orlando.

1 hour ago, john legend said:

spike pleased to hear someone sees it as it is . The TV boys had eamon maguire as unbeatable and ags white socks the only danger.yes Lee meant late 2 year season as his 3 year season was cut short.I did hear AO. virtually given away and very,very few ever come back to even a shadow of their former glory. I dont knock All stars but am looking forward to see just how far Robert and John can go with Alta Orlando.

I would have thought they have done very well with the horse thus far john. According to all the neigh sayers the NZ cup this year will be a weak field but if you run 3.56 then methinks he has a royal chance of running in the money if he stays sound