RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
DatoStar

TAB store on Dominion Rd closed

19 minutes ago, DatoStar said:

The TAB store city end of Dom road closed with no immediate plan for an alternative , disappointing 

May have been in the path of the Airport tram--trying to think positively.:ph34r:

on top of other closures there appears to be a real trend here. Is this part of the cost cutting which can then be trumpeted by the powers that be ?? Easier than at head office eh?

I'd be interested to understand the impact this has on revenue, brand awareness and the ability to drive future growth. Or are TAB outlets no longer needed at all ??

They’d be happy I think to see all the non performing TAB’s go West, only if they have gaming should they feel secure(read growth strategy), with the constant drive towards their digital platform. I agree you certainly need a shop window. The trend I think is more towards “flagship “ stores, bigger and supposedly better.

Look at the Post Office model.

You have to expect this when the same hatchet man that closed the non feasible Post Offices is in charge of retail, even when there were vocal protests from the affected communities... it’s all about the $ in the corporate world. 

58 minutes ago, CosmicBlackie said:

They’d be happy I think to see all the non performing TAB’s go West, only if they have gaming should they feel secure(read growth strategy), with the constant drive towards their digital platform. I agree you certainly need a shop window. The trend I think is more towards “flagship “ stores, bigger and supposedly better.

Look at the Post Office model.

You have to expect this when the same hatchet man that closed the non feasible Post Offices is in charge of retail, even when there were vocal protests from the affected communities... it’s all about the $ in the corporate world. 

Yes good post Cosmic.

The problem with both industries (racing and postal) is convincing people it is still relevant and something they need.

If people never see it anymore (shop fronts, on free to air tv, in papers etc etc - then it becomes even less relevant.

Having said that flagship stores that people feel comfortable coming into for the first time make sense to me. Put a coffee shop in the corner etc etc etc...

Just another nail in the coffin,i was up in auckland the other week what a nightmare to find somewhere to deposit money into account.The only place i found was the Dominion rd store ,even rang TAB helpline who were no help.

7 minutes ago, dbtab said:

Just another nail in the coffin,i was up in auckland the other week what a nightmare to find somewhere to deposit money into account.The only place i found was the Dominion rd store ,even rang TAB helpline who were no help.

the TAB website last time I used it (was a while ago) to find a pub tab in wellington was hopelessly out of date - got a taxi to a place which had ditched TAB ages before !

Newmarket, Teed St is also understood to be in the firing line.

Alas it comes as no surprises with the Rottweiler who is now "working" there who lacks common courtesies and used to work at Panmure Tab until they closed it.

Is a pattern of some very unprofessional people "working" in these places who are not remotely interested in Racing or Sport.

Closing any business during peak patronage times when your core customers come in, whether it be to watch the live Races on a Friday night or to watch a FULL GAME of league and been shoved out the door is piss poor for any business.

Btw, anyone who has recently been into Nwmkt TAB & had any dealings with the said Rottweiler I suggest you speak up as others in the community are pissed off with her attitude to paying Racing industry participants.

Since when have First Security Guards who are supposed to be contracted to ensure TAB security been entitled to have priority to other patrons to have a bet whilst in there uniform to watch what they want?

Arrogant staff who are not even versant with long standing paying TAB Customers in the wider community requirements is the very reason Racing and the TAB had gone downhill and these closures are happening.

Get some bright younger women working in these places with a genuine interest and knowledge of Racing and Sport and who love there jobs and they will be places of excitement and pleasure to go to.

Telling customers they are closing at 9pm when the sign says 10pm on a Friday night and not even open on a Saturday evening when live sports and international races are on is the quickest way to further fudge up people's enjoyment of life.

How the heck are those week are not interested in been fixated etc with phone live streaming and betting supposed to bet?

We to enjoy a flutter and have the same rights

Said Rottweiler doesn't know how to change channels on tv set aside for sport, nor does she know how to adjust the volume. Claims she's "worked" at TAB long time ago why the fudge cake doesn't know how to operate the basics?

Hardly surprising PANMURE TAB CLOSED & NEWMARKET TAB is looming close behind when there's behavioural issues like that, isn't it??

The people working at these shopfronts is half the reason I go in, I know or knew most around Auckland and always good for a chat , never been to Teed st and look forward to going soon to see just how bad she is, I’m not one to tolerate rude customer service but won’t be going in expecting confrontation.There are many who don’t for obvious reasons have any accounts linked to their tab accounts so having an outlet in close proximity is important. I can’t understand how they are going to expand ‘their’ business by removing these outlets? Add to this the way they are running racecourses the customer base will be dwindling, Avondale is a breath of fresh air in Auckland bar the fact the operators are bloody awful, it’s as though they are given a 1/2 hour crash course , and the ones that are proficient have the personality of a dead squirrel , can’t win em all I spose:D Racing is a Billion dollar industry and Bridges is going on about Peters giving a pittance to his Racing mates:blink: enjoy this game while you can it’s going down the shithouse:(

In addition to our comment re First Security, it's believed that the said Security Guard also frequents Eastridge and other TABs in that part of Auckland.

Some of you will recognize him from when he USED to work at the 24 hr Countdown, Greenlane where they got rid of that Security firm and that guard was one who should've been barred from working in the industry as he was overstepping boundaries in law with customers. Countdown got rid of that security company as they were not up to Professional standards in the industry.

There's serious issues at stake when those assigned to look after the security aspect of a TAB are in there betting and watching television in uniform.

Indeed if I was the TAB I'd be very concerned and see just how much they are putting through the TAB and how...

Perhaps they will open up Lotto outlets in there place.

We recall during the Football World Cup a few years ago a visitor to our shores who had money to burn thought that the TAB in Dominion Rd was a bar with drinks available...

Maybe it's time that Lotto and scratchies are made available at all TAB outlets as where they are sold seems to always have customers..

Where on earth are those people who the TAB try to entice into Racing and having a flutter when it comes to ocassions like the Melbourne Cup when we know that the TAB makes a bundle of it's profit going to go to place a cash bet?

It's hardly likely those people are going to search online to place a bet with the NZ TAB that way, are they?

Could we imagine if they shut down all Lotto outlets??
Not going to happen is it, Wake up TAB!!

38 minutes ago, meomy said:

Perhaps they will open up Lotto outlets in there place.

We recall during the Football World Cup a few years ago a visitor to our shores who had money to burn thought that the TAB in Dominion Rd was a bar with drinks available...

Maybe it's time that Lotto and scratchies are made available at all TAB outlets as where they are sold seems to always have customers..

Where on earth are those people who the TAB try to entice into Racing and having a flutter when it comes to ocassions like the Melbourne Cup when we know that the TAB makes a bundle of it's profit going to go to place a cash bet?

It's hardly likely those people are going to search online to place a bet with the NZ TAB that way, are they?

Could we imagine if they shut down all Lotto outlets??
Not going to happen is it, Wake up TAB!!

I walked into a TAB Agency at 6:55pm on Melbourne cup day and went to use a self service machine when a staff member screamed me that they were closing in 5 mins and to make it quick. There were still a fair few people floating about and I couldn't believe that no one had the brain power to think maybe they should stay open a little later that day even if it was just for an hour.