RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
crustyngrizzly

SURREY

On 5/3/2018 at 10:16 AM, MiDeBo Racing said:

Not a dig, but I always remember Rogie talking up Baldovino after winning the Rating 80 or 85 mile on the first day of the Hastings carnival a few years ago, 3 from 3. He said something along the lines of "Best ive ever had, will win the group 1 in two weeks". Came out and ran last and the horse seemed to loose its way a little bit after that Group 1 start, cant remember it starting in open company again. Hope he just takes his time and works his way through the grades with this bloke, seems to have some of mums talent.

Yeeesss...... one wonders about Surrey. A winner at first start as a 5 year old and mentioned in the same breath as the first Tuesday in November then three weeks and two starts later runs an ordinary race in an Amateur riders event. Talk is cheap.

16 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Big ask for Surrey to step up from 1600m to 2200m. False favourite.

Terrible unders considering the draw and conditions today, was always going to get back from the carpark.

44 minutes ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Isthe rider Bailey Rogersons mum,if so a good opp to give the daughter in law a ride.

I was telling everyone I figured our horse was only left in the field to give Bailey a ride yesterday as prev we haven't copped the wet. You never know...

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 8:09 PM, barryb said:

Terrible unders considering the draw and conditions today, was always going to get back from the carpark.

Interesting comment about where he would be positioned Barry as I never envisaged him being ridden back in the field at all. In his first two starts he drew wide and raced up handy. Drew 10 first start and raced 3rd three wide and at his second start drew 14 exactly the same barrier draw as he had yesterday and again raced handy four wide. I would have thought that he would go forward again exactly as his he did in his first two starts and never imagined he would go back beyond midfield.

If he had of gone forward as he had done so previously you will note that he would have been able to slot into a beautiful position easily, right behind the first three leaving the straight and got a lovely run throughout whereas he was taken back and restrained which he wasn't happy about causing him to over race. He was very awkward running out around the first turn and wide again from the 600m but in the straight actually ran on well into sixth. The sand coming back into his face he may not have like also. The winner won well and Surrey may still have got beat but the ride, in my opinion, certainly did him no favours.  

Crusty, if Bailey had ridden him he would have had to carry a lot of dead weight which is the reason why she probably was not on.

He won well on debut albeit against a moderate maiden field and all you can do is win but his second run after sitting four wide and running second in a handy R65 field suggests he is no duffer. A bit early to condemn the horse on Sunday's run in my opinion. Wet tracks may see him eased so it will be interesting to see how he goes in the spring.

If it wasn't for his breeding there probably wouldn't be any discussion about him and he certainly doesn't know what it is. :)   

However Ted those first 2 runs were in different conditions and over a mile, not 2200. The ratings I have were predicting a fast pace and I just thought from wide out, extra distance and Amateur rider it would struggle to get into a handy spot. The run to the first turn was a break neck speed. To be fair I thought something well back would be suited to the hot pace, but just can’t take a $2 shot in a race like that. The winner was very well ridden by one of the best. amateurs.