RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
greyhoundlover

Well well well D.Schofield

Joe just because I’m asking the question doesn’t mean jack , there are two sides to ever story. I’m just asking if anyone has been put out for that long before? What was his 1st offence? 

I’m assuming that the reason he got off so lightly for such a serious drug is because it is Seniors first offence, given all the mitigating circumstances ie that he admitted to not being the trainer and leaving the dogs in the care of questionable character I am fairly surprised it wasn’t much longer, I wouldn’t be surprised if he got more now that he has appealed.

27 minutes ago, I know said:

Yes but that doesn’t make one bit of different as it’s not the trainers . Now can anyone name a trainer that has been put out for presenting a dog ?

I think you need to check the penalties for that specific drug. I believe the penalties differ between classes. There is no criminality involved in a caffeine positive for example, but there is for meth just as there would be for cocaine, heroin, or any other Class A drug. Steroids are Class B and there is criminality attached to that as well.

What are you talking about Dennis got put out  because he is the trainer 

If people in his kennel take p that is Dennis fault 

There was a guide put out a few years ago on what  you could get for drug charges i think Dennis only got half of that 

21 minutes ago, Joe blogs said:

What are you talking about Dennis got put out  because he is the trainer 

If people in his kennel take p that is Dennis fault 

There was a guide put out a few years ago on what  you could get for drug charges i think Dennis only got half of that 

Who said anything about Denis? I spoke specifically about penalty. The rules changed about 2 years ago.

Question 

As the trainer has further runners today, the current arrangement regarding training etc must be acceptable to the RIU and GRNZ ?. Or have alternative arrangements been made with immediate effect. If no changes have taken place zero credibility for this industry especially within the eyes of the public. As everyone knows, all over the TV news, possibly they show an interest on course today and the press would not be showing business as usual in a positive light. Time for damage limitation ? or a bit late for that.

While many may feel the investigation referred to has taken an agonising length of time, it is important to remember that the process must be robust.
Just as a reminder, here is the actual rule. Read it carefully. However, this is not the only rule that applies. 

Baiting Rule.jpg

If this were certain other trainers Denis wouldn't think the ban was long enough. I have to say that he loves his dogs, and I doubt he knew the dog was positive, but he put the person in charge at the kennels so therefore he is responsible. You sign as the trainer, knowing full well that if a dog is presented to a race and found to be positive  to any banned substance, you are deemed to be responsible. The rules are in place for all regardless if your 18 or 80. I have little to no respect for him, and it's well justified, however my opinion on this matter would be the same for anyone, 2 years is right. 

18 hours ago, Not Tonight said:

If this were certain other trainers Denis wouldn't think the ban was long enough. I have to say that he loves his dogs, and I doubt he knew the dog was positive, but he put the person in charge at the kennels so therefore he is responsible. You sign as the trainer, knowing full well that if a dog is presented to a race and found to be positive  to any banned substance, you are deemed to be responsible. The rules are in place for all regardless if your 18 or 80. I have little to no respect for him, and it's well justified, however my opinion on this matter would be the same for anyone, 2 years is right. 

It's done and dusted regardless of appeal. The penalty starting point is 4 years DQ. The JCA mitigated that to 2 years. The sentence cannot be substituted for a fine under the rules. And I agree age should have no bearing on this decision. 

3 hours ago, lad27 said:

Emotive, what part from grnz are you from?

Just a licence holder. I based my opinion on the actual rule. I presume you have read it. Very difficult to have the penalty reduced further unless you have compelling new evidence. And it is the penalty only that is being appealed. Guilt has already been established. The baseline is 4 years DQ. That was mitigated to 2 years. The positive was to a Class A drug and as such the starting point is much higher. My opinion and that's all it is, is based on the rules that exist and not the personalities involved. The RIU could appeal the two years looking to increase the penalty, doubtful but possible. Who knows. Anyway, there is always more than one rule that applies, and that could be a concern for the appellant in the future. There have been a number of cutting remarks on this thread, yet you chose to level sarcasm at mine rather than offer an alternative view. If you have a different view, then share it.