RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
2Piper

Ashburton abandoned

Saw the pictures on tv earlier and it looked bloody wet there,yea like most i am surprised that its abandoned considering its an all weather track.Maybe someone at the track could post why....possibly excess water on the track???.

Goodbye jewels. Ashburton don't deserve another crack at the jewels after this fiasco. I'm sure addington would have prepared a track today that would be suitable for racing in the wet.

i hope the club compensate the owners who have turned up on track with there horses only to be told races abandoned.

21 minutes ago, maple h said:

Goodbye jewels. Ashburton don't deserve another crack at the jewels after this fiasco. I'm sure addington would have prepared a track today that would be suitable for racing in the wet.

i hope the club compensate the owners who have turned up on track with there horses only to be told races abandoned.

Told only 23 ml of rain. Poor effort and you may be right about jewels now but not moving it to Addington. Move it to summer. Can the 2yos and have fillies and mares for trotters with stake earnings for calendar year.

1 hour ago, maple h said:

Addington also on top of car park issues thesedays.

Ashburton abandoned due to state of track

28 April 2018

Due to the state of the Ashburton track, today's meeting has been abandoned.

The track was inspected by Stewards, Club Officials and several Senior Horsemen who were unanimous that the track was unsafe due to the shifty nature of the surface and the visibility issues for drivers. 

Stewards also had concerns with an area of the track past the winning post where water was protruding from inside the pylons out onto the racing surface

After discussions with the TAB, HRNZ and the Club a replacement date is not possible and the meeting has been officially abandoned.

image.png.de77b396a62a9341a64cc6cf5d376d9b.png

Easy decision to make i would have thought with H and S the way it is these days

I live in Ashburton and we hadn't had anywhere enough rain for track to look like that.Word going around is that Autumn leaves had blocked a couple of drains,i hope this is not the issue as with rain forecast then surely that would be first thing looked at.Apparently there was also a bit of surplus water around stables.

17 hours ago, Patiti said:

Possible drainage issue.

Lack of maintenance?????????????//

As a plumber it didn't take a second look to work out it was a drainage issue. 

With a sloped track towards the inside there must be collection points and soak pits at regular intervals around the track. Something isnt working due to lack of regular maintenance or the soak pits aren't working in that area and have become clogged over time.?

1 hour ago, globederby12 said:

As a plumber it didn't take a second look to work out it was a drainage issue. 

With a sloped track towards the inside there must be collection points and soak pits at regular intervals around the track. Something isnt working due to lack of regular maintenance or the soak pits aren't working in that area and have become clogged over time.?

Ya think?

This not the first time this has happened , it has been an ongoing issue for sometime now possibly caused by financial restraints.  I believe the club had work done on the drainage as recently as last week to try and rectify the problem, obviously it was not successful. If clubs want to survive nowadays then they need to get their act together, the last thing they need is losing a meeting because of pore track maintenance. They lost boxing day and now the Jewels , if they are not careful the flying stakes could go as well NZMET would no doubt love to get that as well.

Personally I find this sad, I love the rural meetings the families, the friends, the relaxed atmosphere, no traffic problems and not a bloody concrete jungle.