RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

Auckland Fields

5 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

Superb entries/fields for this weeks Grp 1 meeting. Something for all punters and enthusiasts to get excited about. I'm awaiting the oil from Iraklis  who is the Racecafe guru at the Park

I know I am somewhat biased, but Monty Python for good place divvie in the Rowe Cup. And our great wee Trotter Majestic Man in the Grt Northern. 3rd run in after a virus and out for six weeks.

He should battle it out with Winterfell and could quite conceivably win it. We are very bullish about his chances:)

9 hours ago, globederby12 said:

I know I am somewhat biased, but Monty Python for good place divvie in the Rowe Cup. And our great wee Trotter Majestic Man in the Grt Northern. 3rd run in after a virus and out for six weeks.

He should battle it out with Winterfell and could quite conceivably win it. We are very bullish about his chances:)

Good luck with MM globe. Very good run last time behind a good one.

8 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

That Rowe Cup field is bloody awful compared to years gone by.

No Lyell Creek, Take a Moment, Merinai, I Can Doosit, or La Coocaracha in there....

Whilst theirs no standout this year I'm inclined to think that might make for a more interesting spectacle  ohoka.

Of greater significance is the growing number of young and intermediate trotters appearing on the scene. They will be the next star's imho

Ooh! Ooh! I'm positively besides meself, me mighty Spur drew 4 yeuhhh boy! :D hey Globe, will throw in a cheer for your boy, but that Winterfell oh gawd he's another dimension....AllStars didn't fare that well in draws besides Winterfell, but I'll be havin a good look at that Eamon McGuire, guys did yuh see his run last week whoarrrr came home like a big block 8 :D hard on the gasss!

Fartoomuch, mate tryin to get to The Park early I like to go have a look at horses comin in to stables, standin in the stalls you get to see their physique (nothin like well toned racehorse flesh) see em up close in personal (sometimes you get to give yuh fav a pat) so much to do and see, and get a 'slurp' or two in between whoar busy busy busy.....I like that Alex Park guru LMAO

Yeh those were the days, no Lyell or Doosit or Monbet or Stent now but we have a new round of budding Rowe Champs, Winterfell, MajesticMan etc, for me The Spur is currently in waiting (he was almost there when he got injured) and Temporale, Enghein, etc Champion status is there for anyone of em goin round at mo :D

GOOOO!!!!! THE MIGHTY SPUR FOR THE ROWE!!!!  c'mon TonyH crank our mate Temporale up lets be seein him yussssss!!!

Cheers Iraklis

12 hours ago, Value Bell said:

The Rowe Cup stake money seems small for its stature. What is the Dominion stake money?

Dominion was worth $300,000 last year. Rowe Cup stake was $150,000 back in 2007. It did go up to $250,000 when racing  got money from the Govt for a brief period. The ATC has boosted stakes at lower level while letting their feature races slip over the last decade. I imagine with the money they get from the development they will look at catching up.

16 hours ago, globederby12 said:

Wishing you a good result Rees.

For what it is worth, and no I have not taken my medication today!!!

Best Bet is Bonnie Joan in Race 6.

Longstot is Boppa Jet in Race 9.

Cheers.

Robert.

4 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

Im very warm on Christian Who in R9. Went huge in its first look at The Park and change of driver is very noteworthy. B Purdon dons the colours.

Not lost on the bookies either side of the Tasman but 2.30 got me

Maybe a quinella with Bopper Jet?

Cheers.

Robert.

On 4/26/2018 at 9:17 PM, globederby12 said:

Hi Rees,

Two great seconds tonight. Well done to you and the team.

I met some more of your Syndicate members tonight in the Hall of Fame.

Cheers.

Robert.

20 minutes ago, Double R said:

Hi Rees,

Two great seconds tonight. Well done to you and the team.

I met some more of your Syndicate members tonight in the Hall of Fame.

Cheers.

Robert.

Brilliant night. Monty is good over the extreme distance and with a good draw showed his worth.

MM is only going to get better as well.

Only wish I could have got up there.

Cheers Robert

2 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

We got the Q Robert but at the wrong end of the race after both broke. I see where Barry got fined for a gear failure that did not help my chances but thems the breaks,

Yes, was thinking the same thing.

Cheers.

Robert.

On 4/27/2018 at 8:25 AM, Iraklis said:

Ooh! Ooh! I'm positively besides meself, me mighty Spur drew 4 yeuhhh boy! :D hey Globe, will throw in a cheer for your boy, but that Winterfell oh gawd he's another dimension....AllStars didn't fare that well in draws besides Winterfell, but I'll be havin a good look at that Eamon McGuire, guys did yuh see his run last week whoarrrr came home like a big block 8 :D hard on the gasss!

Fartoomuch, mate tryin to get to The Park early I like to go have a look at horses comin in to stables, standin in the stalls you get to see their physique (nothin like well toned racehorse flesh) see em up close in personal (sometimes you get to give yuh fav a pat) so much to do and see, and get a 'slurp' or two in between whoar busy busy busy.....I like that Alex Park guru LMAO

Yeh those were the days, no Lyell or Doosit or Monbet or Stent now but we have a new round of budding Rowe Champs, Winterfell, MajesticMan etc, for me The Spur is currently in waiting (he was almost there when he got injured) and Temporale, Enghein, etc Champion status is there for anyone of em goin round at mo :D

GOOOO!!!!! THE MIGHTY SPUR FOR THE ROWE!!!!  c'mon TonyH crank our mate Temporale up lets be seein him yussssss!!!

Cheers Iraklis

I bet you're beside yourself this morning that's fantastic three winners in the first sentence you will have to help Mick and the Whale lol.

That Rowe Cup is a great race Robert and the winner got the same run as Temporale did last year, all important to get as easy a run as possible in a gruelling two-miler. You want to see some of the also-rans after the race. Absolutely shattered and it takes a while to recover for some of them.

Blue - perhaps one of the problems these days is the complete lack of top & intermediate grade 2 milers.     The TAB hate them because they use up time that could have been allocated to the Dapto dogs.      But when you think of it - how would Usain Bolt be after running just one competitive marathon each year?      Back in the "Good Old Days" :D there were always 2 pacing & trotting races each month over 2 miles (3200 metres) and horses (and especially drivers) learnt the tactics required for races run over the ultimate distance.      And big ups to Frankie Phelan - he despatched the large field to almost perfection - and wasn't it great to see them all thunder past the winning stick with two laps to run?

Lee mate, yeh boy very delicate this today got a little disorderly last night :D guys! me mighty Spur ripped into it and got the Rowe last night! had a few moments of panic when Enghein went round but when they turned in and the boy dug in put his beautiful neck out and sprinted hard out he was simply 'incoming' from there on, woohoo! GOOOOO!!!! THE MIGHTY SPUR!!! gawd he's great to watch full bore, hoarse this mornin I cheered so hard (no not cos I drank so hard after), reckon they woulda heard me in ChCh.....what a night, SexOnFire romped in startin the first on a good note, then the rest of night was on a roll, Habibti Inta wowee (2 I forgot to mention in me undercover tips yesterday :ph34r:) and yes, Natalie corr she done the job for AllStars Team, big ups.....Winterfell, whaddaya say? I know, glad I don't got summit runnin against him at mo ;) but hey Globe your fella stuck to it yes he did I gave a cheer for him yup I did.....but guys The Spur, well I'm sufferin today but it was all so, so bloody worth it yussss!!!!

Blue, you not wrong there was some tired beaudees in there yep yep yep.....

Cheers Iraklis

3 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Lee mate, yeh boy very delicate this today got a little disorderly last night :D guys! me mighty Spur ripped into it and got the Rowe last night! had a few moments of panic when Enghein went round but when they turned in and the boy dug in put his beautiful neck out and sprinted hard out he was simply 'incoming' from there on, woohoo! GOOOOO!!!! THE MIGHTY SPUR!!! gawd he's great to watch full bore, hoarse this mornin I cheered so hard (no not cos I drank so hard after), reckon they woulda heard me in ChCh.....what a night, SexOnFire romped in startin the first on a good note, then the rest of night was on a roll, Habibti Inta wowee (2 I forgot to mention in me undercover tips yesterday :ph34r:) and yes, Natalie corr she done the job for AllStars Team, big ups.....Winterfell, whaddaya say? I know, glad I don't got summit runnin against him at mo ;) but hey Globe your fella stuck to it yes he did I gave a cheer for him yup I did.....but guys The Spur, well I'm sufferin today but it was all so, so bloody worth it yussss!!!!

Cheers Iraklis

Outstanding post again iraklis

20 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Cheers Iraklis

Hey mate, glad to see yah fav bought you some excitement. I have to say though had Monty been in the trail and not 3 back we may have caught you. A perfect trip for him nonetheless and a delight to watch. 

The Jewels will be interesting with MM. I think that Winterfell will have to cop a bad draw to be beaten to be honest. Louby Lou may start as well so we will be hoping for a good draw. We know he is a good stayer and still on the up, heres hoping we can stop the AS juggernaut.

Miracles do happen.