RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
lamour

Good Draws

Since Jess Smith joined HRNZ I notice there is a bit more going on. 

She appears to be trying to increase the ownership base with more info on ownership and how to get into it, and hopefully reaching beyond normal horse racing people..

This is a positive and much needed strategy.    Great to see people with drive and enthusiasm. 

Don't know whats wrong with my computer or me but I keep accidentally re posting old posts.

What I was going to say was it is interesting how some horses are just plain lucky when it comes to barrier draws and others seem to come up with terrible draws time and time again.

Princess Tiffany comes into the former group. In her 5 races so far she has drawn  3, 1. 2, 2, 3.  

I know this is nothing more than a random happy coincidence for her.    It's luck that a lot of owners would like to have.

3 hours ago, lamour said:

Don't know whats wrong with my computer or me but I keep accidentally re posting old posts.

What I was going to say was it is interesting how some horses are just plain lucky when it comes to barrier draws and others seem to come up with terrible draws time and time again.

Princess Tiffany comes into the former group. In her 5 races so far she has drawn  3, 1. 2, 2, 3.  

I know this is nothing more than a random happy coincidence for her.    It's luck that a lot of owners would like to have.

our luck changing - 14, 12,11, 9 and we draw 2 in the Derby :-)

2 hours ago, eljay said:

Yeah, she sure has nailed it!

Yes eljay incredibly unlucky to find probably the only nail at Alex park. Hopefully she is ok. Still in the field on Friday which is a good sign.  Got her in my super stable too.

3 hours ago, Double R said:

I have just read, she is scratched on Friday night because of an infection.

Cheers.

Robert.

How unlucky is that. All Stars have had a bad week or so with injuries of one kind or another but this one is particularly unusual

How unlucky is that. All Stars have had a bad week or so with injuries of one kind or another but this one is particularly unusual

It's ironic that she was so lucky with the draws but suffered the most unlucky of incidents.  I hope she recovers well and we see her again soon on the track.
If this happened in the USA I imagine there would be a sizable law suit on the go.

37 minutes ago, lamour said:

It's ironic that she was so lucky with the draws but suffered the most unlucky of incidents.  I hope she recovers well and we see her again soon on the track.
If this happened in the USA I imagine there would be a sizable law suit on the go.

Correct you are, i read somewhere that MP was far from amused and rightly so. On the treatment run now to get rid of infection, lets hope she is back soon

4 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

Correct you are, i read somewhere that MP was far from amused and rightly so. On the treatment run now to get rid of infection, lets hope she is back soon

Hi FTM,

I think the Auckland Trotting Club are to commended for their quick action on this unusual event. Of course, it was not an intentional act on anyones part, and just an unforeseen incident that happened.

Cheers.

Robert.

On 4/26/2018 at 1:03 PM, Fartoomuch said:

The latest on "the Princess" is that the infection has now spread.

Cheers.

Robert.

18 hours ago, Double R said:

The latest on "the Princess" is that the infection has now spread.

Cheers.

Robert.

Quote from Allstars Web Site

We are more concerned now about PRINCESS TIFFANY. The infection was under control when in one spot but it has spread and the fear is it could start to have wider effect which could mean more serious consequences. We can only wait to see how it plays out but not an ideal situation. The Fixer had a similar problem which worsened and he ended up out for five months. So we will have to see

2 hours ago, eljay said:
Quote from Allstars Web Site

We are more concerned now about PRINCESS TIFFANY. The infection was under control when in one spot but it has spread and the fear is it could start to have wider effect which could mean more serious consequences. We can only wait to see how it plays out but not an ideal situation. The Fixer had a similar problem which worsened and he ended up out for five months. So we will have to see

This could prove to be a very costly for the connections. Lets all hope she comes right

So they scanned the track (and float park) no doubt.      But I aint heard whether they found any more nails - and silence can be something that starts further rumours.     Hope they make an early statement - I am sure most trainers would like to know!

This weeks statement from All Stars (Web Site)

We had better news about Princess Tiffany.We did an xray to check if the infection had spread to the pedal bone which is what we have been afraid of. We have had it happen before and it isn't good at all. Luckily it hasn't so that was more good news for Caroline and Braeden

Well that's good news, isn't it!     Hope she back on track very soon.