RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CosmicBlackie

New Track

With all the manoeuvring happening before the budget, you have to wonder about the chances of getting the $ promised for this initiative, and how well this would go down politically with mainstream NZ , seeing nurses and teachers wanting pay rises.

What’s the odds? Or is it all on the back burner  , dependant on Messara’s report?

Be interesting to see where it lies in the government’s and Winston’s priorities.

Mine Host at the greatest bar in Auckland.  I must take issue with your comments.  I believe that Winston will do something good for the NZRB.  You seem to have a hang up about  NZTR. Almost an irrational hang up.  Ok,  we both know their handicapping is crap.  But I feel the biggest problem is with the costs stuff up with the NZRB and I am hopeful that the Yid can bring this into sharp focus.  I'll buy a dozen of the Bluff's best (because you have the best north of Dog Island) and explain it all to you when I am next at your wonderful venue.  It would be an absolute pleasure if Berri was there to help me bring some omniscient thoughts to your brain.

P4P - you will get no argument from me re the lack of leadership/forward thinking at the NZTR historically, leading to a thoroughbred industry that is facing....lets just say hard times. However you have to admit that they have no control over the major things which provide the green stuff that keeps it all rolling.....the TAB, broadcasting agreements, the current shambles over the FOB platform, industry strategic plans (or lack of), etc. While your lack of criticism of the RB may be personal it seems the jumping off the ship recently of some board members is a sign that positive action is happening. I didn't vote for the grey fox and in fact I voted well left and I don't despise racing!!....and its not a policy of those parties either...... so I'm almost as sure as you are in your rant above that the Messara report will bring about major change....major positive change....