RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Griffin

Messara's List

8 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Get rid of the archaic club system, the corrupted NZTR board election process, the corrupted Members Council, emasculate the club’s, remove the pale stale male influence with industry governance and make NZTR a professional body run by NZers for NZers with significant input from those who derive their living from Racing.

Removing the stale pale males removes 2/3's of the industry including yourself.

31 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Get rid of the archaic club system, the corrupted NZTR board election process, the corrupted Members Council, emasculate the club’s, remove the pale stale male influence with industry governance and make NZTR a professional body run by NZers for NZers with significant input from those who derive their living from Racing.

Leo Genter

17 minutes ago, jasonmccook1 said:

And anyone who cant afford the just over $6 a week now for sky with it now only being just over  $24 for basic is not going to be putting a big dent in turnover are they 

It’s not always about wether you can afford sky it’s also wether you perceive the price of sky as value for money. 

Before they offered the cheaper basic package we were contemplating cancelling sky as we were questioning what we were paying to essentially watch a couple of rugby games a week. 

31 minutes ago, tonkatime said:

It’s not always about wether you can afford sky it’s also wether you perceive the price of sky as value for money. 

Before they offered the cheaper basic package we were contemplating cancelling sky as we were questioning what we were paying to essentially watch a couple of rugby games a week. 

The split of basic has definately made it value as i don't mind paying just over $1 a day for trackside 

This free to air Trackside thing has had consequential developments further down the line that I would never have thought about.

My wife and I have stayed in motels on about fifteen occasions since Trackside went Sky only.  Not one of those motels had Trackside; it is too expensive for the doss houses we can afford to patronise.

Trackside would cost my golf club $356 per month to have on.  That is because it is a sporting club, but with merely 200 members that cost is prohibitive.  With Trackside the members would stay later, drink more grog (not enough for $356 per month) and bet through their I Phones.  Their exhuberance would encourage others to have a go and boost the numbers of those interested in racing.  The same thing has happened at the rugby club.  The costs put on pubs for Sky Tv has had many of the smaller ones remove it.  Trackside is not economic for them so more potential customers are lost

Rest home residents can no longer watch, in their dotage, whether the blue dog will beat the green dog.  In years past, when the children visited the old folks they could be encouraged to have a go, as it interested the old dear so much.  Not now.  Sky Tv will eat into their inheritance too much. 

It has taken me some time to realise just how stupid that pay Tv situation for Trackside is.  As a dog racing commentator would say;

"it is barking mad!"

2 hours ago, Griffin said:

As this site is the best way to get a message to the Racing Industry, can we start a list of what he should be looking at.

I'll start with getting NZ racing back on Free to Air TV.

Speaking of serious punters.....

Here is a topic to go on your list!!

Treat small fry punters with reasonable t/o well!!!,  I am a reasonable t/o punter but well aware by no means a “whale” in wagering terms.

I recently had a conversation with someone from "Elite Services” in regard to my re entry to their club, as it had come to his attention that my T/O had increased substantially in the previous few months.

I informed him that was for a couple of reasons

1) Their business model was rooted, as in order to have a payout it was based on losses. In my opinion it should be on t/o

2) I could not trust their infrastructure on medium to big race days, as often my wagers were placed in the final minutes before race close.

3) I would have thought that my T/O would have alerted someone from Oct when it seasonally increases. As it had done with my wagering in the last 30 years or so.

4) Since I have been with Ladbrokes they have treated me as a valued client by monthly matching my first deposit for the month. (I withdraw on the 20th of each month, as I have always run betting ledgers)

Out of interest I enquired what the threshold was now to be accepted to their club, he replied 94k ….I then enquired what my T/o had been for the last few months…. he replied 123k .
I then asked why we were even having this conversation, and why was he not just telling me “hey thanks for the support and we would like to reward you with?????, He replied that he would get back to me as it was the friday before the Ellerslie Carnival.

You get no prizes for guessing I am still waiting for a call.

I only still have an account because I can not bear to abandon NZ racing as it has been part of my life since childhood….and there is an anomaly in the FF betting that I make a lot of money out of!!!!!!.

27 minutes ago, jasonmccook1 said:

The split of basic has definately made it value as i don't mind paying just over $1 a day for trackside 

Yeah mate I had factored in if we gave it the flick I could use watch and bet for racing but it’s not as much fun sitting in front of a smaller screen watching. 

2 hours ago, Yir Tiz said:

Speaking of serious punters.....

4) Since I have been with Ladbrokes they have treated me as a valued client by monthly matching my first deposit for the month. (I withdraw on the 20th of each month, as I have always run betting ledgers)

You wont have an account there for long, certainly not a fixed odds betting one, they are equal with Crown for killing accounts that are profitable. The only bookie worse in Aus is BET365.

7 minutes ago, barryb said:

You wont have an account there for long, certainly not a fixed odds betting one, they are equal with Crown for killing accounts that are profitable. The only bookie worse in Aus is BET365.

Been with them since  September 2015 Barry, and was with Crown as well but I closed that account due to not really liking their site.

I make sure I stay under their radar and yes I do have losses, wager across F/O, best fluc, Best tote.  And wager for a % of turnover normally 15% is where my happy place is. Add to this I like their Odds Boost options as well. 

I am aware that there have been some cancellations of accounts and there are some wild stories about how punters attracted attention to themselves.

4 hours ago, jasonmccook1 said:

And anyone who cant afford the just over $6 a week now for sky with it now only being just over  $24 for basic is not going to be putting a big dent in turnover are they 

Not true you have lost many people by taking it off Freeview . What’s that saying look after your pennies and the pounds will look after themselves.