RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ivanthegreat

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

Mick Guerin . . . . " One of the arts of punting isn't just finding winners . . it's finding horses to get beat ".

I didn't have to go far , just looked at his Selections in the NZ Herald , which fortunately for him nobody evidently reads ( which is bollocks ).

Race 1) Forget The Price Tag

Race 2) American Empress

Race 3) Massive Metro

Race 4) Princess Tiffany ........ Won pay's $1.30

Race 5) Renezmae

Race 6) Engheim 

Race 7) Star Galleria

Race 8) Step Up

Race 9) Henry Hubert.............Won pay's $1.90

So we didn't need you dominating the evening and telling us how we should bet and make money whilst inferring everyone other than you is a complete mug.

Yeah ah ay Ivan, I also heard Mick sayin on one of the TV screens that Winterfell 'didn't look like a horse who warmed up like he was just gunna run round Alex Park and win' well I can say fresh from bein there last night, and seein him do just that, ahh actually did it on his ear in fact :D Mick, what? was he havin a laugh?

Cheers Iraklis

2 hours ago, ivanthegreat said:

Mick Guerin . . . . " One of the arts of punting isn't just finding winners . . it's finding horses to get beat ".

I didn't have to go far , just looked at his Selections in the NZ Herald , which fortunately for him nobody evidently reads ( which is bollocks ).

Race 2) American Empress

Race 3) Massive Metro

Race 5) Renezmae

Race 6) Engheim 

Race 7) Star Galleria

Race 8) Step Up

So we didn't need you dominating the evening and telling us how we should bet and make money whilst inferring everyone other than you is a complete mug.

Have a bad nights sleep Ivan or does your day turn out great when you start out by blasting someone on the Internet ?

Thanks to Mick's advice thru his Selections Box and his write up I had a great night.......very succe$$ful !!!

Started brilliantly with Micks selection Billy At Salsa in the first ,led to 4x4x1x2 = 32 units in Quaddie paid $80.

And it got better...

Micks' article concentrated on Rick May's drives in the features and he also steered me into Lemond as well.

With the Herald race page in my pocket I had a great night ,as did many around me.

A good nights racing ,thanks in a big way to Mick.

Plus he did well in the presentations , giving a nice bouquet to Charlie Hunter.

As usual he looked good too....very smart.

Mick 1 Ivan 0.....very poor post Ivan......bad taste !

3 hours ago, ivanthegreat said:

[clipped]

I agree. Guerin has lost the plot lately. I decided to stop listening to him a couple of weeks ago when he said on the Boxseat that Sheriff could be the next Lazarus. Give me a break!! Sheriff won the NZ Derby, yes it was a good time, but he is no Lazarus and never will be.

8 hours ago, ivanthegreat said:

It is important to Mick to say something and to repeat his punting theories time and time again, perhaps to keep himself convinced.

22 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

Have a bad nights sleep Ivan or does your day turn out great when you start out by blasting someone on the Internet ?

Thanks to Mick's advice thru his Selections Box and his write up I had a great night.......very succe$$ful !!!

Started brilliantly with Micks selection Billy At Salsa in the first ,led to 4x4x1x2 = 32 units in Quaddie paid $80.

And it got better...

Micks' article concentrated on Rick May's drives in the features and he also steered me into Lemond as well.

With the Herald race page in my pocket I had a great night ,as did many around me.

A good nights racing ,thanks in a big way to Mick.

Plus he did well in the presentations , giving a nice bouquet to Charlie Hunter.

As usual he looked good too....very smart.

Mick 1 Ivan 0.....very poor post Ivan......bad taste !

Only the man himself would construct that reply. A few things for you to consider, there were 9 races and the only 2 winners you picked as 1st pick paid $1.30 & $1.90 and you consider that good work ?

Most of the 9 races only had 9 or 10 runners and you selected 4 runners in each , I'm no mathematician but they are reasonable odds that you would pick 2 winners as would my cat.

The $80 collect from $32 invested ......... well done ! I note you didn't get the second Quaddie so with the same methodology you lost $32 on that.

I don't believe you made money from those selections unless you are stupid or the sort of person that would live above a TAB outlet and try and bet on credit and loose his job.

Quid Pro Quo.

23 hours ago, Thejanitor said:

I agree. Guerin has lost the plot lately. I decided to stop listening to him a couple of weeks ago when he said on the Boxseat that Sheriff could be the next Lazarus. Give me a break!! Sheriff won the NZ Derby, yes it was a good time, but he is no Lazarus and never will be.

Take those blue and white star tinted glasses off!!

14 hours ago, ivanthegreat said:

Only the man himself would construct that reply. A few things for you to consider, there were 9 races and the only 2 winners you picked as 1st pick paid $1.30 & $1.90 and you consider that good work ?

Most of the 9 races only had 9 or 10 runners and you selected 4 runners in each , I'm no mathematician but they are reasonable odds that you would pick 2 winners as would my cat.

The $80 collect from $32 invested ......... well done ! I note you didn't get the second Quaddie so with the same methodology you lost $32 on that.

I don't believe you made money from those selections unless you are stupid or the sort of person that would live above a TAB outlet and try and bet on credit and loose his job.

Quid Pro Quo.

Well Ivan , not content with a vexatious crack at MG you now turn your attention to me.

As I hadn't seen the fields prior to Friday I read MG's write up and took the Herald page to the trots...a wise move.

His write up was very astute.....and he was very bullish on Lemond.

I was particularly interested on how he rated the South Island raiders ,both horses and drivers plus the Butts from Aussie !

He got it pretty much bang on so to pick 7 of the 9 winners in two picks was a great result....on a Group 1 /Premier night !

After the excellent performance of Billy At Salsa in the first ,the commentator was pushing the BONUS quaddie in R2 , ,my first quaddie attempt in yonks.

One of the 3 x selectors in the Herald was well behind MG's efforts as I'd expect as MG is paid to talk and write about Racing and sport.

I doubt your cat could match him ,particularly having to do the selections on a Thursday.

As for your other dribble ,his mistake on credit betting must have been 7-8 years ago and most people in the sport/industry have made the odd slip up.!

I don't agree with a lot that our top rugby and cricket comments folk say but its just my opinion so don't see the need to cut loose anonymously on race cafe ,where misery loves company.

I certainly don't listen to much of what MG says on the screen  each week.Its not compulsory.

Give yourself an uppercut Ivan.

We all put on our trousers the same way !

It will really piss you off that MG had a share in a nice filly who won a black type race on Saturday. 

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 7:13 PM, Fartoomuch said:

Anyone who has followed this website knows who he is as he has told us previously, As such whats your point Ivan

My point is the condescending TWAT fails to deliver when his picks are published. I object to being talked too like I fell of the back of a watermelon truck. When I was taking photo's of Cardigan Bay when he was begat somewhere near the Blackbridge mine.

2 hours ago, ivanthegreat said:

My point is the condescending TWAT fails to deliver when his picks are published. I object to being talked too like I fell of the back of a watermelon truck. When I was taking photo's of Cardigan Bay when he was begat somewhere near the Blackbridge mine.

And yet you're still confused...

On 21/04/2018 at 8:16 AM, ivanthegreat said:

Race 2) American Empress

Race 3) Massive Metro

Race 5) Renezmae

Race 6) Engheim 

Race 7) Star Galleria

Race 8) Step Up

Mick is not really a form analyst. He is more of a reporter so most of his tips come from what he has heard from from trainers. 

15 hours ago, ivanthegreat said:

I can assure you Ivan that Tasman is not Mick G if that is what you are inferring