RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Booby Bec

Tim Williams

4 hours ago, Booby Bec said:

The whole industry needs help.  How can anyone think their domination is good for racing.  Not to mention the domination of just the commercial pacing stallions in the harness industry.  The old adage of a good horse can come from anywhere unfortunately doesn't really exist anymore, with pacers anyway

Another All Stars knocker.

1 hour ago, Fartoomuch said:

Another All Stars knocker.

Fart Too Much, which part of no one is knocking the AllStars Stable don’t you understand?

What the majority of harness racing participants (apart from the select few on here) are saying is that although they are unbelievably successful, they are not great for the harness racing industry!

The monopoly they have limits the ability for all other stables to win sufficient money to make racing horses financially viable.

Interesting night at Addington last night though, as several of the All Stars Horses were actually passed in the straight by other horses!

Just doesn’t happen normally, was it just a below average night at the office for them?

35 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Fart Too Much, which part of no one is knocking the AllStars Stable don’t you understand?

What the majority of harness racing participants (apart from the select few on here) are saying is that although they are unbelievably successful, they are not great for the harness racing industry!

The monopoly they have limits the ability for all other stables to win sufficient money to make racing horses financially viable.

Interesting night at Addington last night though, as several of the All Stars Horses were actually passed in the straight by other horses!

Just doesn’t happen normally, was it just a below average night at the office for them?

Obviously there B team otherwise they would have been at premier meeting at Auckland

22 minutes ago, richie said:

Obviously there B team otherwise they would have been at premier meeting at Auckland

Richie, to be fair their b,c and d team would normally win on a low key meeting!

Just an interesting night wasn’t it?

Shorties getting beaten when they normally wouldn’t!

In the fillies race they were in front and trailed and they didn’t fill a place!!!!

37 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Richie, to be fair their b,c and d team would normally win on a low key meeting!

Just an interesting night wasn’t it?

Shorties getting beaten when they normally wouldn’t!

In the fillies race they were in front and trailed and they didn’t fill a place!!!!

Thought they were 2nd in race won by fave.

Maybe i have wrong race

7 hours ago, richie said:

Maybe i have wrong race

You don't have the wrong race. Brodie distorts the facts to suit his own VERY bias narrative which is hatred of anyone that can be successful in their business. 

In fact, Bettor Joy has beaten the All-Stars in 6 races and surprise Delight in me finished 2nd 4 times to BJ.

As an aside, the next 20 trainers in the premiership have trained 600 winners and the last 101 have yet to train a winner, reading here you would think Harness racing is finished if it is could someone tell those 400 horse trainers?

10 hours ago, Brodie said:

Ill let others decide the validity of this post and  your ability to say one thing and then the opposite a few paragraphs later.

First you berate me by saying no one is knocking AS team but the you repeat for the umpteenth time that their success stops other from making money. Factually untrue as it is.

Your clearly concerned about their dominance but ive yet to see you offer any solution to the problems you have with their dominance. In your opinion should the AS team drop their standards or should the rest up theirs. Really simple question for you and im sure others will be interested as well  with your reply?????????

9 hours ago, richie said:

Maybe i have wrong race

No you were right, The Brodster is wrong for once.

Wasnt concentrating on the race saw it on small TV,.

51 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

Ill let others decide the validity of this post and  your ability to say one thing and then the opposite a few paragraphs later.

First you berate me by saying no one is knocking AS team but the you repeat for the umpteenth time that their success stops other from making money. Factually untrue as it is.

Your clearly concerned about their dominance but ive yet to see you offer any solution to the problems you have with their dominance. In your opinion should the AS team drop their standards or should the rest up theirs. Really simple question for you and im sure others will be interested as well  with your reply?????????

You must have a thin skin Fart Too Much?

Not berating you at all, as “The Brodster” just wouldn’t do that!

Yes most people who care about the future of harness racing in NZ are concerned about their dominance!

Personally, doesn’t affect me much at all, but yes I am very concerned for many in the industry going forward and I do believe it is currently hurting the industry big time by way of not attracting new owners and by punters not bothering as much.

As to the solution Fart Too Much, yes many have a solution but not able to comment on here!

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Yes most people who care about the future of harness racing in NZ are concerned about their dominance!

Personally, doesn’t affect me much at all, but yes I am very concerned for many in the industry going forward and I do believe it is currently hurting the industry big time by way of not attracting new owners and by punters not bothering as much.

As to the solution Fart Too Much, yes many have a solution but not able to comment on here!

What a pathetic duck for cover non-answer to a simple question. Hardly surprising though in fact quite normal for you when challenged.

I suspect you and those on your side of the fence long  for the old amateur days when everyone  had  a turn. Clearly that's not the way of it now with real professional trainers . Even your mate MJ has no issues with the AS performance or as he put it roughly, we all go to the same sales and have opportunities to buy the ones they do.

Fart Too Much,  sometimes you have to pull your words!

Mark Jones is entitled to have an opinion on things, just as you are!

Mark has seen the writing on the wall, just as Tim Butt has and they have moved their major operations to OZ, as they are aware they are pushing it up hill in NZ at the moment!

They know their best horses will not be winning big money in Nz now that there is the dominance!

We can all put our head in the sand and say yes everything is rosie, but watch the industry self destruct!

4 hours ago, Brodie said:

Don't come crying the next time they give it to you in here you deserve everything you get Brodster....or maybe it should be Wayne Kerr....:D

1 minute ago, scooby3051 said:

Don't come crying the next time they give it to you in here you deserve everything you get Brodster....or maybe it should be Wayne Kerr....:D

Scooby, not sure what you mean?

Why do YOU say I deserve everything I get?

Yes, I do deserve what I get and I am appreciative of that!

I have worked for everything I have now, and are able to now enjoy life to the fullest due to my endeavours!

Thank you for your support Scooby!

38 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Mark has seen the writing on the wall, just as Tim Butt has and they have moved their major operations to OZ, as they are aware they are pushing it up hill in NZ at the moment!

They know their best horses will not be winning big money in Nz now that there is the dominance!

We can all put our head in the sand and say yes everything is rosie, but watch the industry self destruct!

As per normal the Brodster is on the money!!  

23 hours ago, Thejanitor said:

Perhaps, but he still wins more often than the others you mentioned. The only driver close is Matt Anderson. Tim Williams also gets plenty of outside drives and doesn't just win with Purdon/Rasmussen runners.

You're not Brodies' sister by any chance? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Starting to look like it  the more it posts. -_--_-

15 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

Starting to look like it  the more it posts. -_--_-

Fart Too Much, sorry but dont have a sister and never have had!!!!

Truth is that “The Brodster” is supported by most apart from the select few that think they know more than “The Brodster” but  we all know that that isn’t the case!!!

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Scooby, not sure what you mean?

Why do YOU say I deserve everything I get?

Yes, I do deserve what I get and I am appreciative of that!

I have worked for everything I have now, and are able to now enjoy life to the fullest due to my endeavours!

Thank you for your support Scooby!

As I said you are a total dick... lets see how long you last here... I hope they tear you to pieces ...I will not be stopping them anymore....

4 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

As I said you are a total dick... lets see how long you last here... I hope they tear you to pieces ...I will not be stopping them anymore....

Not sure where your coming from scoobs?  Anyway Tim just drove a winner!  Didn't panic thought he may have got the shuffle up, good job Tim!!

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

The Harness industry is definitely in decline and will continue to do so under its current business model. Total lack of: professionalism , governance  and innovation leading to poor outcomes. Is run by amateurs and participants are more than likely  to be amateurs so you end up where we are.. Now its gradually coming home to roost that all is not rosy. Some will run away overseas but the grass is not that rosy in Oz either unless you are into the gallops. Their declining wagering percentages leads to you know where but will be delayed  due to the population effect.

None of the above has anything to do with Team AS. They are just the best in the business

34 minutes ago, Booby Bec said:

I agree with what you say there far too much.  Whilst it's not their fault they are way better than everyone else, it can't be easy for other trainers to find new owners because of this.  And of course stagnant stakes, but higher costs

I should be very worried when you agree with me  but hey lets roll with the punches. You and a few others are obsessed withe team AS and their successes and dribble about how hard it is for others to make ends meet  and get new clients etc.

I suggest you all : Count up how much R Dunn spent at the sales this year and his previous purchases at sales time. Then add a bit more for his  private purchases.Its a very interesting exercise

Like wise and in a similar vain, I'm not seeing Godolphin,Snowden Waterhouse etc moan about how Waller keeps winning everything In Sydney They just get on trying to be better,buying what the market wants at prices they can market to both current and potential clients.