RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
dock leaf

B De Lore on the Messara appointment

5 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

That’s why Winston negotiated the 3 billion regional development fund, so Shane could buy votes ( and reciprocal financial support ) for the future.

Your tax payers money was used to buy Winston’s future ( and probably a fair bit of single malt ) 

It hasnt been used yet but its going to be soon. How much do you think the Naki will get after the oil/gas debacle? Plenty methinks and they will still vote national

15 hours ago, porky said:

15 hours ago, porky said:

!...hoping he can do the bisso , sorting the new racing act.

Whether he gets the support needed is another issue, at least he had a go.

think he would have had enough of the circus by then.

12 hours ago, John Clydesdale said:

So Winston doesn’t stand a chance to be there next time round,  because whatever John Messara presents to him as the required steps to take, he won’t have any support to take it anywhere.

Correct John..(.if he doesn't get the support) ... I wont be down crying him, for giving it a shot.

9 hours ago, poundforpound said:

I’m reluctant to post this, because I don’t want to be seen as a JA or NZRB apologist, but I’d like to make two points for the record.

The number of active TAB accounts has increased significantly under the JA watch, admittedly not racing accounts, but the stats are impressive, and secondly, he can only interpret and act on the law that binds him, so rather than maligning him how about you do a compare and contrast assessment with those who went before him, Bayliss and Brown.

The NZRB is certainly not perfect, many things they do are bizarre, some of their OPEX might be questionable, some of their appointments defy common sense, but the real villains are NZTR and our big clubs. They’ve betrayed us with vacuous leadership, disgraceful use of assets, dereliction of duty, and incredibly poor decision making that’s hurt the people that matter, those at the grass roots level.

The greatest failure of NZTR though is that they’ve done nothing useful in recent years, and that’s unforgivable.

A note to conclude, NZTR and the big club’s are bound by The Racing Act too, and they’d be well advised to do a bit of reading, clause 9 of the Objectives Of The Act in particular, and start complying and supporting the NZRB and the industry participants.

Here’s the clause ( to save you searching Bernard and “Missing In Action” Jackson ( henceforth known as MIA Jackson )

to develop policies that are conducive to the overall economic development of the racing industry, and the economic well-being of people who, and organisations which, derive their livelihoods from racing:

I've never known you to be reluctant to post anything but I guess there's always a first time for everything. At least it hasn't held you back from doing so.

The proposed compare and contrast exercise is scary but I suspect but if you use objective 9 as a measure, it would be a close call. I don't see how increasing the number of active TAB accounts has made any contribution to that. Effecting useless strategies like that one doesn't really do it for me, anymore than effecting Racefields' information legislation will if it doesn't contribute to the likes of that object.

I have to agree with you though about NZTR. Why don't they show some initiative instead of sitting on their hands waiting for the NZRB and/or the Government to come to the rescue? Not that it is likely to represent a lot of dollars but if they want to secure an IUC, why haven't they sat down with Oz betting operators and secured that directly, like NZ Rugby have done for example? Even if not a lot, it is extra revenue (although they would probably then waste it on stakes instead of things that grow their business and that of their member clubs). A few trips to OZ to get that in place seems like a lot more useful expenditure than trips to Asian Racing Conferences where they don't contribute anything or trips to the ARC and other assorted junkets of recent years.

I note that you have shifted Jackson from Played and Missed (PAM) to MIA. Where the hell is he and what is he doing about all this? Seems to be about as proactive and efficient as the Minister who obviously has other priorities at present, single malts aside.

Oops :) Just saw this from Mr. Saundry. Would've been better 10 years ago but maybe....

Race Fields income stream underway

Corporate bookmaker CrownBet, a major player in the Australian market, began voluntary Race Fields payments for New Zealand racing from April 23.

CrownBet, which last month announced it would be taking over William Hill’s Australian business, has come to an agreement with the NZRB and the NZ Codes, which includes providing vision of NZ racing to CrownBet customers. This vision can be streamed by their customers and provides an incentive to bet on our product.