RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
eljay

A Non Tote Race with the "Tote" Running

Yes - that's what they had at Cambridge last night.      No fields in the press supplement or really anything to alert punters they could bet on the race but on the Non Tote race last night the Sires Stakes Heat actually had it's own meeting number (M8 - rest of programme was M5)      You could only bet fixed odds but betting was available!      The race was before the main programme got under way so those on course who arrived for race 1 were too late for the Tote Non Tote Race anyway.      I was chatting to a tote operator before this race was run and he didn't even know there was betting on the race - in  fact I didn't either and I was only informed by a friend who just happens to work in the industry.    As I was collecting after the last (yes miracles can happen) while waiting the inevitable 15 minutes for pay out to start, I asked the same operator how many bets he got for that race and he replied "absolutely none".      What an exercise in futility!!

9 hours ago, eljay said:

Yes - that's what they had at Cambridge last night.      No fields in the press supplement or really anything to alert punters they could bet on the race but on the Non Tote race last night the Sires Stakes Heat actually had it's own meeting number (M8 - rest of programme was M5)      You could only bet fixed odds but betting was available!      The race was before the main programme got under way so those on course who arrived for race 1 were too late for the Tote Non Tote Race anyway.      I was chatting to a tote operator before this race was run and he didn't even know there was betting on the race - in  fact I didn't either and I was only informed by a friend who just happens to work in the industry.    As I was collecting after the last (yes miracles can happen) while waiting the inevitable 15 minutes for pay out to start, I asked the same operator how many bets he got for that race and he replied "absolutely none".      What an exercise in futility!!

I was wondering where the divis were. Fixed oddsbetting should have been notified through TAB emails. (If it was , it wasn't noticed by myself ).