RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

The Box Seat. - Congratulations Greg O’Connor!

Well done Greg O’Connor with tonight’s  “The Box Seat”

Some of your finest work as it was a very enlightening and interesting show.

Opinions on a variety of topics that currently affects harness racing from numerous participants!

It was interesting that everyone had differing opinions and ideas on things.

Questions such as “Is the Purdon domination of harness good or bad for the industry” was informative

Other questions in regards to the Jewels being held at a Addington and Alexandra Park also had differing opinions, but I agree with “The Reidman”

All agreed that there is a shortage of mares  being bred!

All basically stated that the industry has a lot of problematic issues going forward!

This was a very good show and I believe that if this type of format occurred on a more regular basis, then more harness enthusiasts would watch it!

Perhaps Greg could’ve asked “The Brodster” what major issues he has with the industry currently?

Wonder  what he would say?

8 hours ago, Brodie said:

Well done Greg O’Connor with tonight’s  “The Box Seat”

Some of your finest work as it was a very enlightening and interesting show.

Opinions on a variety of topics that currently affects harness racing from numerous participants!

It was interesting that everyone had differing opinions and ideas on things.

Questions such as “Is the Purdon domination of harness good or bad for the industry” was informative

Other questions in regards to the Jewels being held at a Addington and Alexandra Park also had differing opinions, but I agree with “The Reidman”

All agreed that there is a shortage of mares  being bred!

All basically stated that the industry has a lot of problematic issues going forward!

This was a very good show and I believe that if this type of format occurred on a more regular basis, then more harness enthusiasts would watch it!

Perhaps Greg could’ve asked “The Brodster” what major issues he has with the industry currently?

Wonder  what he would say?

I would guess Greg would have to at some point throw his hands up in the air and walk off saying that guy is never on the money!

4 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

The Brodster... no wonder you piss people off...just saying.

On what basis Scooby?

12 hours ago, Lee270744 said:

They only want constructive views so that leaves you out unless you want more grass track racing with amateurs and 5 place dividends.

Great idea for grass tracks, big fields,  5 place divis would entice newbies to bet and  to punt more regularly. Call it top five bet. Still have the regular 3 places betting.

1 minute ago, 2Piper said:

Great idea for grass tracks, big fields,  5 place divis would entice newbies to bet and  to punt more regularly. Call it top five bet. Still have the regular 3 places betting.

Ps. 

Already have that for feature thoroughbred racing 

1 hour ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Agree a v good programme, but it appears most on here are just out to attack the man again and seem to lost their sense of humour.

Of course you would have that opinion. Your backing another loser FU but hey whats new. Birds of a feather as they say.:rolleyes:

13 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

The Brodster... no wonder you piss people off...just saying.

Scooby, wasn’t aware that this site was not allowed to have humour in It!

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Scooby, wasn’t aware that this site was not allowed to have humour in it!

You allow certain posters to continue to try and have “The Brodster” on, that is ok with you but bit of humour and can’t have that!

No its seen as arrogance from what I see...not sure there is humor in that...as I said JMO. But maybe people would not react like they do if you did not come off as so cocky...JMO

1 minute ago, Booby Bec said:

What was the answer to the question about Mark and Natalie kicking everyones heads in?

Most of panel admire the All Stars; young trainers Harrington and Williamson were the most negative! Steven Reid was the most enthusiastic about them.

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

No its seen as arrogance from what I see...not sure there is humor in that...as I said JMO. But maybe people would not react like they do if you did not come off as so cocky...JMO

Confident, cocky, opinionated whatever you want to call it Scooby!

Why are you not allowed to back yourself nowadays, when I am always on the money!

I express an opinion and what I say I believe in!

Rather be confident than the other way!

1 hour ago, Thejanitor said:

Most of panel admire the All Stars; young trainers Harrington and Williamson were the most negative! Steven Reid was the most enthusiastic about them.

To be fair Janitor, most said that they admired their results but   that they were not great for the harness racing industry as the money is not shared around enough.

This is one of the reasons that people are not breeding as much nowadays.

The interviewees are hardly going to say exactly what they thought on that topic on TV as it would not be a great look for them! Would it?

We all admire their results unauestionably  but not great for the industry financially!

2 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Or it could be:

Have you ever heard someone talk about themselves in the third person? That’s something called illeism

But what do you make of a person who references himself in this unusual manner?  Illeism is usually a sure sign of narcissism? 

When talking about their affairs with others, narcissists will rarely acknowledge error or personal shortcomings. Somehow, they’re always right and everyone else is wrong. 

For one thing, when speaking about themselves narcissists frequently “fish” for compliments, validation, approval, etc.. If they’re of the more “vulnerable,” neurotic variety, they get anxious and feel easily hurt or slighted if you fail to heed their invitations to stroke their ego, whereas if they’re the more “grandiose” or character disturbed type, they’ll show their disdain for you if you fail to recognize what they already know to be their greatness.