RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Gruff

Chasing premierships

Must take a toll, you’ve got to take your hat off to  anyone who can get to 100 winners in a season.With all due respect I’m Noticing some fatigue in Sam Collett .In the last at Matamata,what looked one of the better bets of the day Suliman was going to win at the 600 as a resuming stayer making his run early as you would expect,but the lack of urgency on the jocks part became evident ,then she was using the whip in the left hand something she hadn’t done all day or in her previous losing rides on the  horse.Compare the early winning rides and you would think it was someone else.Super rider and one you’d want riding for you but that was a head scratcher.Nothing in the lack lustre stipes  reports either.Grandstand Critic I know:rolleyes:

I hear ya Mr g, Matamata one of those trip up tracks for sleepy jocks and sleepy stayers, you've gotta be wound up round the 5 to 6 hundred mark and slingshot them on the straighten up....otherwise birdie flown. Cam Lam a perfectionist in this department.

just watched a replay didnt look much wrong with the ride to me.thought suliman was laying in abit hence using the whip lefthanded to straighten it.only my thoughts gruff.she only lives 15minutes from track so a long drive woudnt have fatigued her.

3 minutes ago, swampfox said:

just watched a replay didnt look much wrong with the ride to me.thought suliman was laying in abit hence using the whip lefthanded to straighten it.only my thoughts gruff.she only lives 15minutes from track so a long drive woudnt have fatigued her.

Only appeared to lay in after the left hand was used Swampy but thanks, if you watch Sulimans races it becomes clear how one paced the horse is so your ride is all about timing,and with that average mob on a Slow 9 was custom made fresh.Speaking through the pocket doesn’t help but compare rides earlier and u are left wondering.Just an opinion but I do my homework before spouting out

Gruff a bit unfair on Sam’s ride on Suliman. I am the biggest shareholder in him. I was there and was totally happy with her ride. Note it was his first run for three and a half months. In all his races he steadily improves but goes through a flat patch. He is an out and out stayer so I thought his run at the 1600m distance was good. He ducked in about 100m out but the winner was going to strongly and he came up a long neck short. A big contingent of ladies have shares in him. When he came back to the birdcage Sam spent a considerable time telling these owners about the run in her usual enthusiastic and articulate manner. Most jockeys after their last ride of the day want to jump into the shower and hit the road. Not Sam. She is a total professional!