RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
NeilD

Te Rapa sectional analysis

Yes it did Ted. A couple of not so obvious ones to follow out of the meeting could be Swiss Maid who did well to finish 6th after working hard 3 wide in the open on a tempo that was faster than the 1200m races! ( 11.98 200m sectionals to the 600m mark. )

Voler Pour Moi finished 7th but was going well on the turn but was blocked. Once out just before the 200m she wound up nicely only to be tightened up again. She will be improved by that and her dam, Tin Goose, won three of her four races over 2200m. Ran above average closing sectionals last campaign and looks ready to start winning again.

Didn't have this info 50 years ago but still there was a winner in every race. I found the best guide back then as a teenager was the turn and finish pics they used to have in the Best bets. Generally if a horse wasn't in the picture at the turn but was in the first 5/6 at the finish it was worth a second look. Today with multiple betting available that edict still runs true.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Didn't have this info 50 years ago but still there was a winner in every race. I found the best guide back then as a teenager was the turn and finish pics they used to have in the Best bets. Generally if a horse wasn't in the picture at the turn but was in the first 5/6 at the finish it was worth a second look. Today with multiple betting available that edict still runs true.

yea I remember Friday flash same Blue:)...and 'racing facts' for the course horses.!

19 hours ago, NeilD said:

Yes it did Ted. A couple of not so obvious ones to follow out of the meeting could be Swiss Maid who did well to finish 6th after working hard 3 wide in the open on a tempo that was faster than the 1200m races! ( 11.98 200m sectionals to the 600m mark. )

Voler Pour Moi finished 7th but was going well on the turn but was blocked. Once out just before the 200m she wound up nicely only to be tightened up again. She will be improved by that and her dam, Tin Goose, won three of her four races over 2200m. Ran above average closing sectionals last campaign and looks ready to start winning again.

Neil that was a very frustrating watch, the horse was bolting, and I was on.  I thought at the 500-600 the money was jam and i was home and hosed it was cruising that good.  Luck can be a bitch at times