RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Scotch Thistle

New Best Bets Layout

On 4/14/2018 at 0:41 AM, Berri said:

That was meant to be Hugh Robinson.

Berri  I was contacted by Hugh Robinson some weeks ago  i told him the size of the print for the horses names was most important   he took no notice

On 4/14/2018 at 9:23 AM, puha said:

I actually like the new format alot more spacious and easier to read .Also the race synopsis is a nice add on . Not sure why they have a Turf Digest selection each race though when it’s a Best Bets.Anyway overall a thumbs up from  this corner.

how is it   more spacious?    It is not easier to read  the synopsis is not nice add on but bull shit opinion

That’s the way I see it far easier to read with the gaps between lines etc. I was thinking I ll buy one and that would be it but that’s not the case  quite like it.

On 4/16/2018 at 3:15 PM, puha said:

That’s the way I see it far easier to read with the gaps between lines etc. I was thinking I ll buy one and that would be it but that’s not the case  quite like it.

This weeks book OK.. I can live with it

I didn't see last weeks - but just picked one up. It is a shock to the system initially

Few positives - incl left and right hand stats, like the separate column for Class rating of races last few starts. Not sure why last 5 starts shown in stats area ??

I usually use mine to scribble notes all over from study before I head on track - not convinced there is as much room for those - but that may be a personal issue.

So bit of a mixed bag overall for me

I see that the midweek fields for NZ gallops, in the new Best Bets format, are now being sent out from Petone in the name of Hugh Robinson, Betting Operations Manager, NZRB.

They used to be sent from Stanley Street from Allan Caddy, Manager Racing Form Publication.

I hope Allan hasn't been forced out only to be replaced by a suit paid 3 times as much.  I've never met Allan, but in his emails with the fields he always had time to offer a brief greeting or best wishes on the punt.   The new chap lacks the grace to add any such recognition that he is sending email to people, not automatons.

7 minutes ago, Scotch Thistle said:

I see that the midweek fields for NZ gallops, in the new Best Bets format, are now being sent out from Petone in the name of Hugh Robinson, Betting Operations Manager, NZRB.

They used to be sent from Stanley Street from Allan Caddy, Manager Racing Form Publication.

I hope Allan hasn't been forced out only to be replaced by a suit paid 3 times as much.  I've never met Allan, but in his emails with the fields he always had time to offer a brief greeting or best wishes on the punt.   The new chap lacks the grace to add any such recognition that he is sending email to people, not automatons.

Didn't I see a race name over the weekend re Alan retiring ???