RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Swynford

2nd Group One winner produced from $2500 mare

Something for you   Berri

Miss Wilson winner of Saturday's Group One New Zealand Thoroughbred Breeders Stakes becomes the second Group One winner produced from her dam Cierzo a $2,500 purchase from The Informant.  Miss Wilson now a very valuable mare being a half to 5 time Group One winner Jimmy Choux.    Both horses the results of planned matings using line breeding.

It perhaps should be noted Cierzo could not win a race and has been on sold for mega times her purchase price. 

5acacc7ba045b_Screenshot2018-04-08at6_18_54PM.thumb.png.6feb3d825743625174dc2e4c63ec77c9.png

A nice story to read Swynford. There are a number of these "bargain buys" which come to mind in recent times, ie dams of Tarzino and Gingernuts, and only last weekend, Mazarine (from the eight carat family), the dam of Vinery Stud Stakes winner Hiyaam was purchased (not in foal) from gavelhouse a couple of years ago for 6k.

I guess the possibility of having this good fortune keeps a number of people interested in breeding and racing, although of course the odds are stacked against you being one of the lucky few.

23 minutes ago, Huey said:

Didn't go to $2.5k Stallion though did it

She was served by Thorn Park who produced a Group One winner on average  1  in every 62 runners.. she went to him twice. 

She was served by Stratum who produced a Group One winner on average   1  in every 108 runners  she went to him once.

To planned matings she has produced a Group One winner on average  less than  1 in 3 

Her biggest failure so far has been the most expensive stallion. Redoute's Choice.

23 minutes ago, Swynford said:

She was served by Thorn Park who produced a Group One winner on average  1  in every 62 runners.. she went to him twice. 

She was served by Stratum who produced a Group One winner on average   1  in every 108 runners  she went to him once.

To planned matings she has produced a Group One winner on average  less than  1 in 3 

Her biggest failure so far has been the most expensive stallion. Redoute's Choice.

Whichever way you put it they are still both more than handy stallions who have left some very good horses.

Agree with you there Huey they were handy stallions,  but any brood-mare owner trying to breed a Group One winner from either stallion and trying  62 or 108 times would be financial disaster for most. 

It depends what you are happy with, those odds  or < 1 in 3 

7 hours ago, Swynford said:

Something for you   Berri

Miss Wilson winner of Saturday's Group One New Zealand Thoroughbred Breeders Stakes becomes the second Group One winner produced from her dam Cierzo a $2,500 purchase from The Informant.  Miss Wilson now a very valuable mare being a half to 5 time Group One winner Jimmy Choux.    Both horses the results of planned matings using line breeding.

It perhaps should be noted Cierzo could not win a race and has been on sold for mega times her purchase price. 

5acacc7ba045b_Screenshot2018-04-08at6_18_54PM.thumb.png.6feb3d825743625174dc2e4c63ec77c9.png

How many horses have been bred  using line breeding and been duds ?

26 minutes ago, puha said:

How many horses have been bred  using line breeding and been duds ?

I had a hand in the mating of Jimmy Choux, Miss Wilson, Choux Diva, and Bootlegger who broke a leg not long after winning and he had a full sister as well that did not win.  So 2 Group One winners and 3 duds from 5 matings. 

The late Clive Harper helped with Laced Up and Chouxshine.  

Choux Mania by Redoute's Choice was a mating done for commercial reasons

8 hours ago, Swynford said:

I had a hand in the mating of Jimmy Choux, Miss Wilson, Choux Diva, and Bootlegger who broke a leg not long after winning and he had a full sister as well that did not win.  So 2 Group One winners and 3 duds from 5 matings. 

The late Clive Harper helped with Laced Up and Chouxshine.  

Choux Mania by Redoute's Choice was a mating done for commercial reasons

Well that’s outstanding 

Swynford...I'm not sure what "I had a hand in the mating" means. You either designed the mating using your methods or not. The industry is full of these mares who have naff all breeding and come up with the goods. Just look at  bonecrushers dam.

ive had a hand in the breeding of Tavistock. Can't claim it though because although the mating was discussed to death, the ultimate decision making was up to the breeder. That is one of many but I am no guru and wouldn't profess to be.

what I continuously ask of you Swynford is that you show us some logic to your selection method and some hard arsed statistics to support your claims. The yearling sale exercise didn't support any of your conclusions so I will continue to poke you with a friendly wet stick

12 hours ago, Swynford said:

I’d happily take 1 every three 

Regardless of what stallions were used or the extent of your involvement in the actual decision, 2 x Group 1 winners from any mare is an outstanding result Swynford. Well done!!

I’ll be overjoyed if I can achieve even 50% of that one day

4 hours ago, Dopey said:

Two words...

Egyptian Queen 

Group one winners x 2 

3 x million dollar horses (one might be in hk$)

by three different stallions 

Desert Sun

woodborough

al Akbar 

i think it was mare power. 

BB801379-8261-445D-B6AD-B66563F64F59.png