RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

Lazarus - Will he race on or head to stud....?

Yes will be interesting. Being selfish I would love to see him race another season, providing he is sound.

The stud offers will still be there the following season, but I realize he could make more at stud next season than he could racing.

Still it would be nice to see him win the cup for a third time and being proven in Australia (which Terror to Love couldn't) must make him the most desirable new stallion by far.

I would also hate to see all the sucker bets being taken by the TAB (Laz to win 3rd Cup) ending up in the TAB slush fund.

52 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

Yeh Spike I'm with you, one more season pleasssseee! NZ Cup aside Laz has unfinished business MMile is still beckoning, ay, ay, they gotta, just gotta give him another shot at that :D

Cheers Iraklis

Yeah agree. For us Harness purists , nirvana is seeing Great horses continue to race season after season. Nothing beats it.   Unfortunately reality on a fiscal level kicks in, the bane of modern day racing. Of course nothing guarantees he will be a success at stud anyway, but let's hope he does leave a horse as good as himself. 

5 hours ago, Spikecity said:

Yes will be interesting. Being selfish I would love to see him race another season, providing he is sound.

The stud offers will still be there the following season, but I realize he could make more at stud next season than he could racing.

Still it would be nice to see him win the cup for a third time and being proven in Australia (which Terror to Love couldn't) must make him the most desirable new stallion by far.

I would also hate to see all the sucker bets being taken by the TAB (Laz to win 3rd Cup) ending up in the TAB slush fund.

How many mares you think he would serve in his first season? What Stud fee would you think he would be at ?

I think they stick to $6,000 to get as big a book as possible.  Young stallions need numbers on the ground . If they don’t get a few good winners or classic performers in the first couple of crops it is very hard to recover