RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Leggy

What hard working club committees do in their spare time ..

And did I even mention that we had to pay for our own because little Campbell at NZTR went dog and wouldn't support our application to Winnie's Racing Safety  Development Fund?   Campbell was great when  it came to poking his oar into how we run the club but when it came time to actually do something useful and helpful little Campbell was nowhere to be found.

6 hours ago, Insider said:

Pray tell me Leggy, what do they need the starting gates for?

Are they going to challenge Levin for the Jump Outs?

Why aren’t they building a building (photo finish etc) so that “proper” Racing can return to Foxton?

They are. Actually, renovating the existing stand and adding commentator/judges box etc., JCA and stipes rooms etc. Plans are still being consented. New plastic rail is also on the way. However, Foxton is currently designated by NZTR as a trial and training facility, so most of the investment is aimed at upgrading for that purpose. The gates are to avoid the something like 2-2.5k cost of hiring them for each trial meeting so they will pay for themselves quite quickly.

5 hours ago, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

And did I even mention that we had to pay for our own because little Campbell at NZTR went dog and wouldn't support our application to Winnie's Racing Safety  Development Fund?   Campbell was great when  it came to poking his oar into how we run the club but when it came time to actually do something useful and helpful little Campbell was nowhere to be found.

Yes, you had mentioned that before Tom. Contrarily though, Mr. Moncur provided invaluable assistance towards Foxton obtaining maximum grant funding from the Racing Safety and Development Fund for the above projects as well as considerable legal and other assistance with complex negotiations between the club and the Manawatu Racecourse Act Trustees and liaison with NZTR. Without that, it is probably unlikely that these projects would be progressing.

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

I wonder if anyone at NZTR understands that Foxton is the best and safest racing surface within a 100 mile range.....or don’t they care about the quality of Racing surfaces ?

Yes, they've run a trial meeting every month all season with the 9th one coming the week after next. Only cancellation due to lack of numbers and only likelihood of one, extremely high water table conditions. And, it could have been back up and running years ago for less than what the CEO spent on unnecessary and unproductive junkets during that time.

7 hours ago, Leggy said:

Yes, you had mentioned that before Tom. Contrarily though, Mr. Moncur provided invaluable assistance towards Foxton obtaining maximum grant funding from the Racing Safety and Development Fund for the above projects as well as considerable legal and other assistance with complex negotiations between the club and the Manawatu Racecourse Act Trustees and liaison with NZTR. Without that, it is probably unlikely that these projects would be progressing.

Yeah I knew I had mentioned it (about a hundred times at last count) but just like to poke the tiger regularly.  I'm pleased Campbell was useful to you guys cos he was only a pain in the arse for us.  In fact one time when they were trying to shut us down and he came down and as an aside referred to 'those wankers on race cafe'.  He may not have used that particular term but that was the gist.

why does  racing te aroha  the jumps racing venue  have no schooling facilities  apparently you cannot get a jumping ticket for your horse when you think  jumping trials are on  at  cambridge very soon  is this the main jumping venue tell us 

14 hours ago, Leggy said:

Mr M being a born and bred foxtonian!!! :P

what t is the difference between  any tracks no one should be closed  unreal a i am saying racing te aroha is supposed to be a designated racing jumping venue and they are not  supply'n a

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 10:47 PM, edor said:

what t is the difference between  any tracks no one should be closed  unreal a i am saying racing te aroha is supposed to be a designated racing jumping venue and they are not  supply'n a

They are designated a jumps venue for races not for schooling.

On 4/8/2018 at 5:11 AM, Leggy said:

Can I ask you Leggy who paid for these gates?  The Club or NZTR(either directly or indirectly via a loan or some other arrangement -  NZTR being quite prone to paying for major expenditure via stealthy methods).

On ‎8‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:50 AM, poundforpound said:

I wonder if anyone at NZTR understands that Foxton is the best and safest racing surface within a 100 mile range.....or don’t they care about the quality of Racing surfaces ?

On ‎8‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 0:50 PM, Leggy said:

es, they've run a trial meeting every month all season with the 9th one coming the week after next. Only cancellation due to lack of numbers and only likelihood of one, extremely high water table conditions. And, it could have been back up and running years ago for less than what the CEO spent on unnecessary and unproductive junkets during that time

Go the pumice tracks..!!! Foxton, Wanganui, Poverty Bay, Rotorua...Taupo....who needs sand.!

Or as the most gritty big hearted horseman in my time 'Sir Ken Brown" would've said .....'where's them hills....show me the mud & go Master Joe'