RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

John Allen's latest "conversations"....

Has anyone been to this latest round of industry conversations with Allen, Saundry, Rennell et al....??

And more importantly, were they impressed, and did they learn anything....??    Anything good that is....

Meetings at Westport last week ( come in Tom ) and Invercargill and Dunedin this week.

1 minute ago, Don't You Believe It said:

Profit for half year was down on a year ago.  And Equity on balance sheet down $7m.  Would you invest?

No.  It's worse than you state.

4 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Has anyone been to this latest round of industry conversations with Allen, Saundry, Rennell et al....??

And more importantly, were they impressed, and did they learn anything....??    Anything good that is....

Meetings at Westport last week ( come in Tom ) and Invercargill and Dunedin this week.

At least they are starting at the heart of NZ racing.

6 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

No didn't go Ohokaman.  One of my committee did though and I have heard nothing so it cannot have been overly impressive..

I am so disillusioned with the way it is going and the impossibility of getting any traction with these guys that I simply could not be bothered wasting 3 or 4 hours and $60 worth of gas getting there.

What i do know though is they needed numbers 'for catering reasons'.  Presumably a 'free' scoff and drinks at the industry's expense.  Now we occasionally have a  meeting of all clubs here and we certainly don't all gobble industry funded tucker at such times.  The gravy train rumbles on.

3 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

I see John Allen is being interviewed by Rodley on Home Straight next Thursday 11am Trackside 1.

Can't wait.....:rolleyes:

John Allen will go down in racing folklore as the Great Gesticulator. He has turned the tactic of blaming others into an art form. Next season will be the acid test for his much vaunted new betting platform. No doubt he is rehearsing his answers for when the cost overruns are announced and the gap between anticipated revenue and actual revenue are revealed.

11 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

That's whats been doing the rounds. Glenda might be on borrowed time as well or does she have a white knight.??

Brown knight?

Go back and read a recent article in the Informant which set out John Messiahs view of NZ racing and the direction we should take.

The headline read 'start with a blank piece of paper" and create a Racing Act relative to these times and technology.

Codes wise he favoured separate administrations controlling their own destiny and not a collective.

It was a very thought provoking and constructive interview from an administrator with a proven track record.

Read it.

43 minutes ago, iwmcn said:

Go back and read a recent article in the Informant which set out John Messiahs view of NZ racing and the direction we should take.

The headline read 'start with a blank piece of paper" and create a Racing Act relative to these times and technology.

Codes wise he favoured separate administrations controlling their own destiny and not a collective.

It was a very thought provoking and constructive interview from an administrator with a proven track record.

Read it.

And its just what each code deserves as opposed to being a servant to the NZRB. Given in Ozzie the harness market share is south of 15% one can see politics aplenty when he finishes his report but the best thing about his appointment is he understands gambling markets

8 minutes ago, Trump said:

Jeez! What's BarryB going to say? A wretched Aussie being asked to rescue racing in NZ ! I can't wait to read your comment B. :) 

Mate I thought you would have been wanking yourself off down at the beach volleyball, surprised to see you on here.

Another knowitall cock smoker like you telling us how to do things doesn't worry me at all.

9 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

The 2003 Racing Act is outdated  and unfit for purpose. That it is where changes must occur to give each code its optimum opportunity to thrive.

Will be part of the review.....three months and we'll have all the answers.....:rolleyes:

https://theinformant.co.nz/website/News/single_news/Mandated-Messara-wasting-no-time-/AO4060

13 hours ago, poundforpound said:

It’s interesting for sure, mainly because an Australian TB breeder is about to offer his thoughts on a NZ tricode model.

I’m not against his involvement though, and I respect what he’s contributed to Australian Racing, but this is just another example of outsourcing to enable the government to deflect blame on to others, and meantime not accept inevitability or responsibility for our own actions..

The truth is that I could produce a far better report, but NZ doesn’t want to hear the brutal truth just yet does it ?

Of course it does, and it bloody well need too.

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Will be part of the review.....three months and we'll have all the answers.....:rolleyes:

https://theinformant.co.nz/website/News/single_news/Mandated-Messara-wasting-no-time-/AO4060

Dennis Ryan had the guts to keep The Informant as a Privately owned NZ Thoroughbred /Trotting publication.

Didnt he? 

Along with Gus and others, Stretch,  the Matamata lad, established a News/opinion  Platform for

the likes of Brian de Lore.
Brian de Lore has never been fightened to take on Thoroughbred  issues and conflict of interest.

Gary Chittick was an  RIB member when  a 2kg Fillies allowance came into NZ Racing.
( Studs were retaining their filly families and saw a huge advantage for them when they raced them).

De lore was against the allowances for females.

That lovely bloke who wrote for the Dominion, Racing   (  ????) wrote  an article criticising the process with which the 2kg fillies/mares

allowance had been fast forwarded.He was pensioned shortly afterwards.

Here is a good read to support my point that Major Studs influence racing Politics  

THE INFORMANT the unbiased NZ Racing  Publication.

Messara will do a cull. Big time.

https://www.thoroughbredracing.com/articles/why-fillies-mares dont-need-weight-allowance-highest-level/

I get the impression that like the celebrated "Donald" Messara is going to drain the swamp on Jackson Street.  But he will find that the swamp is run by determined ugly critters, and those critters will fight tooth and nail to get Messara's report ignored.  Those ugly critters do little for NZ racing but they are a formidable foe.

Good luck John.

It is now 37 years since John tried to buy a NZ breeding outfit, but the politicians and misguided pressure groups thwarted that bid.  That failed bid gave the then young Messara a great lesson in the filthy behind the scenes machinations of NZ politics.

On 13 April 2018 at 5:06 PM, barryb said:

Mate I thought you would have been wanking yourself off down at the beach volleyball, surprised to see you on here.

Another knowitall cock smoker like you telling us how to do things doesn't worry me at all.

A typically measured response. :)