RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Why is Easter Cup meeting now during the day?

18 hours ago, Brodie said:

The early races probably held up due to OZ money early!

3 hours ago, Brodie said:

Always on the money Harewood.

Not on the money this time Brodie. The first half of the card was the weakest by far. Too early for Aussies to be betting also.

I wasn’t aware that The AllStars had a horse or two in the big trot?

No, you haven’t got a clue,  mostNZ punters are over betting In Races dominated by the one stable, getting such low divs.

Rather condescending Brodie. and a bit smartarse ish  Didnt think you were like that.

I thought you didnt bet on the tote and neither did your "mates" therefore your comments are irrelevent on this matter as the turnover figures were tote only.

I have seen a few comments from Brodie on here being critical of one stable dominating big races; obviously it isn't ideal if winners are paying very small divs and stifling betting, but what does Brodie think the solution is? Would he bar that stable altogether or bar their horses from the betting if they are assessed as being too much of a certainty? In Australia clubs are more than happy to see Winx in a race even though it ruins betting. From my casual observations, there isn't much depth in some of the fields these days if you take out the Star horses.

2 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I have seen a few comments from Brodie on here being critical of one stable dominating big races; obviously it isn't ideal if winners are paying very small divs and stifling betting, but what does Brodie think the solution is? Would he bar that stable altogether or bar their horses from the betting if they are assessed as being too much of a certainty? In Australia clubs are more than happy to see Winx in a race even though it ruins betting. From my casual observations, there isn't much depth in some of the fields these days if you take out the Star horses.

Winx, and Black Caviar before her, draw big crowds in which no doubt spend plenty during the day, food, drink. Maybe even the occasional punt. And Winx only races 8 times per year. Hardly a comparison when the AS can almost win that many in one night. 

16 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

A cursory look at exported horses in the last month shows this promising bunch heading offshore. A Lister, Cable Beach, Dracarys, King of Swing, Mongolian Hero, Motown, Ocean Ridge. This is only in one month. No wonder the depth of fields is being depleted. They may not have all reached open class but would certainly have strengthened the  ranks. And there were 27 yealings and 2 yr olds exported as well. Most I suspect unraced but no doubt a far few with ability.

Would banning the All Stars dominance stop this. If the AS closed down would these horses stay or would the fields be even far weaker. Who can blame an owner wanting to sell when such big money is offered. How are we going to stop this plundering of our talent. Can it even be stopped. 

Remember this is only in the last 29 days

5 minutes ago, harewood said:

A cursory look at exported horses in the last month shows this promising bunch heading offshore. A Lister, Cable Beach, Dracarys, King of Swing, Mongolian Hero, Motown, Ocean Ridge. This is only in one month. No wonder the depth of fields is being depleted. They may not have all reached open class but would certainly have strengthened the  ranks. And there were 27 yealings and 2 yr olds exported as well. Most I suspect unraced but no doubt a far few with ability.

Would banning the All Stars dominance stop this. If the AS closed down would these horses stay or would the fields be even far weaker. Who can blame an owner wanting to sell when such big money is offered. How are we going to stop this plundering of our talent. Can it even be stopped. 

Remember this is only in the last 29 days

All Stars and Harcourt Lodge dominating that export list.

7 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

All Stars and Harcourt Lodge dominating that export list.

The best would be KOS and Ocean Ridge. Neither from the above. Both will reach open class and possible G1 

3 hours ago, harewood said:

Not on the money this time Brodie. The first half of the card was the weakest by far. Too early for Aussies to be betting also.

Rather condescending Brodie. and a bit smartarse ish  Didnt think you were like that.

I thought you didnt bet on the tote and neither did your "mates" therefore your comments are irrelevent on this matter as the turnover figures were tote only.

Harewood, firstly yes the early races didn’t have a lot of money invested on them, but they were propped up by Oz money!

Why wasn’t there a lot put on in NZ, because the races were dominated by Allstar horses and punters are now waking up to the fact that it is a waste of time when the divs are going to be so small.

How do,you work out that it was too early for Oz as they bet all day on anything!

And you are right I do t  bet tote and haven’t for probably at least 5 years.

The Thing is that when there are real shorties on major days, they would be better to take the stinking hot favourite out of the betting and then they would get more wagering on the race! 

Probably too logical though so wouldn’t work!

6 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Harewood, firstly yes the early races didn’t have a lot of money invested on them, but they were propped up by Oz money!

Why wasn’t there a lot put on in NZ, because the races were dominated by Allstar horses and punters are now waking up to the fact that it is a waste of time when the divs are going to be so small.

How do,you work out that it was too early for Oz as they bet all day on anything!

The Thing is that when there are real shorties on major days, they would be better to take the stinking hot favourite out of the betting and then they would get more wagering on the race! 

I am thinking you don't have any facts/statistics to actually back this up.

Just now, Kotare_Hunter said:

I am thinking you don't have any facts to actually back this up.

Sorry Kotare! Back  what up?

Brodie deals in facts most of the time you know that!

You can call him the “Factmaster” if you want!

25 minutes ago, Brodie said:

You are right in taking the hot favs out. They did it for Winx last start but not sure if it was a success or not. Would imagine not hard to do just create another market.

And I worked out it was too early for Aus to bet the same way you worked out the early races had a lot of Oz money propping them up.  Personally would think it would be the other way round, once the Aussies wake up after the first few races more likely to bet on the later ones as they start to look at their own races.