RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Why is Easter Cup meeting now during the day?

Addington Easter meeting back to being run during the day!

Wondering why the club has gone back to the day racing?

Think there would be more people,oncourse for a night meeting and they are also competing with Hawera and a Gallops and greyhound meetings for turnover!

Do not believe that the oncourse turnover or attendance today will be as big as it would be if run during the night!

Most people I know also can’t be bothered betting much at the meeting as it is going to be dominated by one stable and the odds as usual are pretty pathetic.

I am sure the racing will be good but as a punting vehicle most people won’t be bothered, and other things to do on a lovely day weatherwise

Guest Hunterthenutter
38 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Think there would be more people,oncourse for a night meeting and they are also competing with Hawera and a Gallops and greyhound meetings for turnover!

Do not believe that the oncourse turnover or attendance today will be as big as it would be if run during the night!

Most people I know also can’t be bothered betting much at the meeting as it is going to be dominated by one stable and the odds as usual are pretty pathetic.

I am sure the racing will be good but as a punting vehicle most people won’t be bothered, and other things to do on a lovely day weatherwise

to many oldies will not go to a night meeting???

47 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Do you think the meeting should held at all ?

49 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Your memory must be short Brodie. ALWAYS used to be a day meeting.

Always better turnover when there are more meetings on  and more people are watching and betting on every race.

Enjoy Hawera.

4 minutes ago, harewood said:

Your memory must be short Brodie. ALWAYS used to be a day meeting.

Always better turnover when there are more meetings on  and more people are watching and betting on every race.

Enjoy Hawera.

Harewood your memory must be worse than mine obviously.

They have run this meeting at night several times!   

Just now, Brodie said:

Harewood your memory must be worse than mine obviously.

They have run this meeting at night several times!   

No Brodie 

They have run it several times as a night meeting with little success

It ALWAYS USED to be a day meeting drawing big crowds. Surely you are old enough to remember that. Was only a few years ago. 

15 minutes ago, harewood said:

No Brodie 

They have run it several times as a night meeting with little success

It ALWAYS USED to be a day meeting drawing big crowds. Surely you are old enough to remember that. Was only a few years ago. 

Of course I know it used to be a day meeting but you said it had always been a day meeting which suggests that it has never been run at night time.

For the good of harness racing and to attract new people to harness racing it would be far better to run it at night.

Young people aren’t going to go out during the day unless they are involved already in the industry.

There will be bugger all  NZ money going on most of it at the moment will be coming from Oz until their meetings start.

Look at the pathetic divs race 2 had when it was dominated by the one stable, as Matt Cross said on TV, it was boring racing!

4 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Of course I know it used to be a day meeting but you said it had always been a day meeting which suggests that it has never been run at night time.

For the good of harness racing and to attract new people to harness racing it would be far better to run it at night.

Young people aren’t going to go out during the day unless they are involved already in the industry.

LOL

He said It ALWAYS USED to be a day meeting

You even quoted it.

ROFLMAO

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Im sure Ive seen huge crowds of young people at Cup Day and Show Day, both day meetings. But you probably were not there as you dont like these days.

Young people as you put it will not go to night meetings unless the club changes its format and does something to attach them. They would far rather go to bars where there is music.

23 minutes ago, harewood said:

Im sure Ive seen huge crowds of young people at Cup Day and Show Day, both day meetings. But you probably were not there as you dont like these days.

Young people as you put it will not go to night meetings unless the club changes its format and does something to attach them. They would far rather go to bars where there is music.

Harewood, you have joined the clowns!

If I remember right., it was Easter sat years ago, when basil dean & sir Castleton had great battle. Think the time was faster than the open class pacers record? I am sure someone will google or remember more than me

36 minutes ago, Portfolio said:

If I remember right., it was Easter sat years ago, when basil dean & sir Castleton had great battle. Think the time was faster than the open class pacers record? I am sure someone will google or remember more than me

Jenny Belle can be suitably proud.

That was Demolition Derby day.

Basil dominant and smashed Sir Castletons record.

Kerry O'Reilly also drove Easter Cup winner Norton.

Of note also Scotch Notch beat the 2700m SS NZ Pacing mares record.

5 hours ago, Hunterthepunter said:

to many oldies will not go to a night meeting???

There were less people out at Addington today than on a Friday night going by the no. Of cars 

Would be interested to know what the oncourse turnover was as there were many races not worth betting into and Micky Agustin said so the other night

The racing was not great either as The Allstars went to the front and nothing prepared to have them on

20 minutes ago, Brodie said:

There were less people out at Addington today than on a Friday night going by the no. Of cars 

Would be interested to know what the oncourse turnover was as there were many races not worth betting into and Micky Agustin said so the other night

The racing was not great either as The Allstars went to the front and nothing prepared to have them on

Eamon Maguire is still trained by Graeme Anderson.

Perhaps you are thinking of Titan Banner.

You all talk as if this meeting is something special; five of the races were worth $10,000 and two others were $14,000. The biggest field was 12 horses and only one race was that size. Overall it was lower profile, and I imagine would do less turnover on and off course, than the Riverton gallops.

13 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Used to be a special meeting, look at the easter cup now, woeful field our open class horses are low grade apart from the couple of all-star horses.

It is what it is  :(

2 Horses in todays field have won 10 or more races, 10 used to be the minimum required.

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Two hot favs in the stable got beat, so it wasn’t that easy, 

Sourprised Nat sat parked outside Zion Bromac? Sort of knew when that happened fav was in trouble. Fair enough, race not worth stacks, so good to let every stable runner have a winning turn at some stage. 

44 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

Who????

Did you make a shilling out there today Mr Brodie?

Was on top, yes