RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GOM

How smart is your dog?

I have a routine after I let the dogs out in the morning where I call them over from their morning talk. At first it was Chaotic with some not interested and others just looking for trouble , sort of like racecafe. Eventually I got them to all stand around while I set the days agenda. It is always amusing to me as they  stand wide eyed staring at me and I wonder what they make of it all. It starts my day off with a laugh.

Recently I decided to repair a part of their paddock where they had been digging holes. I told them at the next mornings meeting what I intended to do and anyone caught digging was going to forfeit their evening bickie for a month.

After rotary hoeing and reseeding I was quite proud to see a good growth of young grass appear and no digging. Three nights ago I went out and there was a patch of the new grass that had been dug up. After a loud string of profanities I called all the clan over and a timid lot they all looked. I asked who was the culprit and every one of them had a guilty look to me. When no one put their paw up I suddenly noticed that the one that had the guiltiest look had dirt on her front legs. She was an old brood bitch named Abbey and the moment I fixed my eyes on her she started to slink off to her kennel (no biscuit tonight Ab).

Two nights go by with no recurrence then last night I go out and another hole has been dug. After the perfunctory profanities I assembled the sorry looking  clan for a front leg inspection and this time there was no one with any evidence of malicious behaviour. I was stumped.

After putting them away for the night I checked that they all had fresh water for the coming day and when I got to Abbey's bowl the bottom was full of dirt.