RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
richie

Auckland pubs full service tab

I in Auckland for week or so just wondering what pubs are best for tab facilities,closer to Mount Wellington the better.

Also somewhere decent to watch the boxing,asked my daughter and son in law but they got no idea.

Mount Wellington is pretty devoid of pubs. Couple of scungy bottle shops where people drink their purchases outside in the gutter, plus it has an actual real-life TAB (two bottle shops within 20 seconds stroll of said TAB), but not sure how close the closest Pub/TAB would be. Perhaps Botany or Manukau City. 

7 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

Best TAB service at NZ's #1 TAB at Alexandra Park...3 meals a day and screens for Rugby ,League,Basketball ,CGames ,Cricket and Basketball ...all at once !

A no - brainer !

Richie

Good choice here by Tasman man and it' about a 10 min drive from mt wellington

1 minute ago, Nerula said:

Wouldnt drive to Alex Park if you are drinking. My pick would be Waipuna Hotel Mt Wellington. Dont risk the locals unless you know where the bro's drink.

Give Waipuna a ring and ask them about the fight ie Parkers.

Wont be driving if i drinking.

Thanks might check out Waipuna tonight

OK UBER is great in Auckland but I guess busy when the fight ends. Agree with Skoo the Howick Club is good. Pokies at the gipsies look sad to me but the food is ok pubgrub. Howick club is a bit better and Waipuna a bit better again. might be a buffet.

I think that Alexandra Park is great as a Pubtab.

Interesting that Nerula comments about their pokies looking sad.  What looks the most sad; the pokies or the pokie players?  I had heard, and don't know how true it is, that the Auckland Trotting Club make more off their pokies than they do from on course tote betting.

4 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:

I think that Alexandra Park is great as a Pubtab.

Interesting that Nerula comments about their pokies looking sad.  What looks the most sad; the pokies or the pokie players?  I had heard, and don't know how true it is, that the Auckland Trotting Club make more off their pokies than they do from on course tote betting.

For anyone who knows nothing about form, racing, harness or greyhound or the intricacies of betting they will lose far more betting with the TAB over a day than pokies. So the pokies players aren't totally stupid. They go to where their pocket leads them.

The takeout and policy of the Racing Board is unsustainable. With an average 130% market takeout on FOB the odds are just so much worse than 20 years ago. The TAB only care about the big punter and as we all know the big punter comes and goes. I ask what happens when the big punter goes and doesn't come back.??

1 hour ago, slam dunk said:

The takeout and policy of the Racing Board is unsustainable. With an average 130% market takeout on FOB the odds are just so much worse than 20 years ago. The TAB only care about the big punter and as we all know the big punter comes and goes. I ask what happens when the big punter goes and doesn't come back.??

When the big punter goes SD the doors close behind them, as Pop & Nan betting $2-$5 per bet is unsustainable. 

How many in NZ would have more than $1000 in a TAB account?, the % would be incredibly small, but the $ would make up the majority of punting turnover.

Alex Park is good, but a lot of the sheets for form and sports betting are not displayed which is quite disappointing.

You only have to switch on the printer.

The venue is good but not the information. 

Frankton TAB in Hamilton leaves it for dead!

I drive every corner of Ak for my job Richie, the best by far close to Mt Wellington is 'Headin Home' bar and grill, they do the best medium rare steak lunch meal at a good price too. Open early (in the am 7 days) full T.A.B service plus self serve, very spacious, on site chef good food good price...10-15mins by car from Mt Wgtn, to 333 Ti Rakau Dr, East Tamaki..Get in mate and enjoy mate..!!;)

5 minutes ago, mooseman said:

I drive every corner of Ak for my job Richie, the best by far close to Mt Wellington is 'Headin Home' bar and grill, they do the best medium rare steak lunch meal at a good price too. Open early (in the am 7 days) full T.A.B service plus self serve, very spacious, on site chef good food good price...10-15mins by car from Mt Wgtn, to 333 Ti Rakau Dr, East Tamaki..Get in mate and enjoy mate..!!;)

That's the one I was thinking of when I said Botany in my post above. Couldn't remember the name though. Yes, a good recommendation. 

2 hours ago, Idolmite said:

That's the one I was thinking of when I said Botany in my post above. Couldn't remember the name though. Yes, a good recommendation. 

Yes champ its just a fraction before Botany:).....did I mention they do good steaks..mmmm steak