RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Insider

HQ Pick Four Competition Update

Firstly apologizes to anyone how didn't get to enter because the thread was closed early!

It was meant to close at the start of the Ranvet, but for some unknown reason Admin closed it earlier, and even I didn't get to place my picks!

Ranvet result and place prices:

Gailo Chop $1.22 / Single Gaze $1.65

18 picked Gailo Chop & 12 picked Single Gaze

19 are out already.

Now for Winx

George Ryder result and place prices:

Winx $1.01 / Happy Clapper $3.00

We lost 6 players then!

24 are still alive with Catalano leading from Skoozi, with the field bunched behind.

Rosehill Guineas result and place prices:

D'Argento $1.80 / Tangled $16.80

I think that there are only 10 left in play, but because of the relegation my paperwork is now a mess so I could be wrong! 

1 minute ago, hesi said:

I think, 9 left

VS - Sunlight

Eclipsed - Performer

jack - Seabrook

Kloppite - Fiesta

Talk - Aylmerton

Mrzim - Performer

Lynzim - Sunlight

Brown Fox - Seabrook

Lecithin - Qafila

What about Weasel?

6 minutes ago, hesi said:

Don't worry about the paperwork Liz

No winners, jackpot?:)

Thanks Hesi,

Now I can get on and cook the Blue Cod. 

However I will double check later just in case. 

If someone can see a winner please post.

I thought that this weekends competition was an excellent concept, which kept a lot of people in play for a long time. 

Well done Poundforpound.

Oh and didn't his families mare put in too?

It was an excellent run on the unsuitable wet ground.

5 minutes ago, hesi said:

I thought the HQ Pick Four was a good concept, but the Slipper F4 was virtually unwinnable

Based on the $3500 F4 divvy, and 60 entries, the comp could be run 60 times and get 1 winner

Trump was good enough to put up the comp I think we should be good enough not to criticize...cheers...enough of the grumbling its all supposed to be a bit of fun and a bit of interest... nothing more...no need for all the wisecracks from the sidelines.

4 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Trump was good enough to put up the comp I think we should be good enough not to criticize...cheers...enough of the grumbling its all supposed to be a bit of fun and a bit of interest... nothing more...no need for all the wisecracks from the sidelines.

Exactly!

26 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

I’ll reload and do it again on Queen Elizabeth Day at Randwick, I think that’s in three weeks, on the 14th April.

Details to follow.

I might still do it before depending on what’s scheduled, stay tuned.

Cheers Leo. Adds a bit of fun to the forum 

Cheers Rev :)   She's a lovely filly isn't she, that time she ran a couple of weeks ago was no lie :) ... and kudos goes to Peter Jenkins at Arrowfield .. it was his mating call, and there she is   ..:)

1 hour ago, hesi said:

I thought the HQ Pick Four was a good concept, but the Slipper F4 was virtually unwinnable

Based on the $3500 F4 divvy, and 60 entries, the comp could be run 60 times and get 1 winner

So what... its called fun....like lotto except this ride you get for free...in case you forgot... if you don't think they are fair or fun then simple don't enter but don't take potshots at the people good enough to stump up with the ideas and the cash to sponsor these comps...if you can do better by all means have a go otherwise best policy is to keep quiet...IMHO.

2 minutes ago, hesi said:

Lighten up

I praised the format of one of the comps and pointed out the format of the other, meant that it was highly unlikely that anyone could win it, and pointed out the reason why

Why was there a need to do that... you also can be a sad sack when you want to be... there was no need to make any comment about Trumps comp there was plenty of entries from people who disagreed with your assumption. Just don't know why you felt the need to criticize.

Loved the comp.....the tried and true “Fortune of Four” that used to be advertised in the Best Bets in the 1960’s.

Winx made it a 3 race go however it still proved hard work.

Is it not true that HQ sells more Moet than any other bar in NZ?

If so then double the prize offer up Leo, it’s not really yours, and make it a decent go for the winner, if successful.