RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
globederby12

Comps yawn

18 minutes ago, mardigras said:

Same reason I'll watch Coronation Street. Catch up on the goings on for the entertainment value.

It’s entertaining then so welcome back,see you next year:)

Unbelievable. From a perfectly simple opening question this thread has degenerated into an unsightly shit fight with personal attacks, accusations and toys being thrown out of cots in all directions.......can we all calm down people, life is too short for this crap....

This site is brilliant for a whole host of reasons. And we would all be the poorer for it not being here.

Let's get back to sensible discussion, the banter, the humour, the comps ( for those that want them )and the friendships..

Not too much to ask is it.....???

:unsure:

16 hours ago, hesi said:

Poor thin skinned Liz, runs a comp or 2(well done), gets some mild criticism and doesn't like it.

Well, welcome to the world of running comps.

N1MUE and I have been there done that many times, and with comps with a lot more complex format, not that there is anything wrong with picking 5 winners.

If you don't like it, don't run them, or as, has become the fashion, exclude anyone that makes a comment that is anything less than positive.

When you have run 20 or 30 comps, come back girls and we'll see who has outwitted who.

Don't bother entering comps in the future... you have shown your true colors... the cheek of some of you in here...this is all for free and still we get abused... go figure.

Furthermore I am tired of this school bot back biting and name calling from everyone the next person who plays the poster and not the topic no matter who it is will be going for a spell.... It is not needed...it is not wanted and I won't have anyone calling people vulgar names and winding each other up... go to the cesspit site a few of you frequent if you want to behave like that....cheers.

I must admit this thread has been an entertaining read.  personally I am grateful for the comps being there, ill choose whether or not i  have a go.  I prefer they are listed in the TB section because this is usually the only section I pay attention too.  Ive never won, and probably wont however Im just thankfull to those who go to the effort of running these and putting forward their own money for the benefit of others and giving us the choice to enter and have a crack.

if you find they of no interest, its easy, dont open the thread.  

for me personally its a non subject and was a waste of time even raising this topic as an issue to begin with.

18 hours ago, The Crucible said:

Wasn't a pittance Gruff, and what's more I think your comp might have been the only comp with a winner.

Appreciate your generosity even if my picks were shite.  Tough day at Matamata yesterday - just ask BGP.

BGP is such a awesome idea and wear their hearts on their sleeves, none of petty name calling or moaning

7 hours ago, hesi said:

I wasn't intending to

Hesi,

I don't get it. I've only entered one competition and that was the Spring Racing comp a year and a half ago. That was probably the biggest comp held here. I distinctly remember you stepping in and running it after the first collater proved a bit unreliable.

At the time the majority were more than appreciative of your efforts. No doubt you have assisted in numerous other comps.

1 hour ago, hesi said:

:) an understatement.

Yeah I remember that, the comp had lapsed into a total circus and was probably about to be pulled 

I'll leave others to answer the rest or I'll just get banned:)

No doubt you will get also get the usual insults you seem to attract, although this time it is under notice of also being banned:rolleyes:

Hesi you pissed me off as you are always poking your nose into everyone else's business... thats why you fell out with me... so now go and bleet about that too...as no doubt you will... and Slam is nothing more than a stirrer also thats why he is where he is on the site... and soon to be elsewhere...birds of a feather.

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

Hesi you pissed me off as you are always poking your nose into everyone else's business... thats why you fell out with me... so now go and bleet about that too...as no doubt you will... and Slam is nothing more than a stirrer also thats why he is where he is on the site... and soon to be elsewhere...birds of a feather.

Perhaps you could explain your stirrer remark. I am quite willing to debate any racing topic with you however I object to any abuse. I've already accepted that abuse is only one way i.e. "i must take it but not dish it out"which is why complaining of abuse is the only option.

woooo :)  I go away for a day and this ... 

Really everyone?  really?

All because we have a few comps going on here that members of RC have put their money and time into and that we can choose to enter.. or not ..  if we want?    That deserves all this??

Do you love racing or not?  That's my question...

Give it a go.. all of it.. what's it costing you... a few minutes of your time.. since you are all such knowledge balls of Australasian racing ....

:)  just enjoy it ffs