RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Kotare_Hunter

2018 Northern Derby - formerly Great

With the closing of the "AS 10 in a row" thread I was not able to respond to the issue of Blair meekly handing up.

I remember Natalie saying Sheriff was a danger in the Yearling Sales race on Auckland Cup day. I hadn't had Sheriff as anything special upto then but Natalie seems pretty on to it so into the race tracker he went.

After the draw for the Derby I considered Sheriff could make it a contest based on him leading and keeping up a good pace and winning in 2:40.2 at Invercargill.

I thought Sheriff would lead easily and the only decision Blair would have to make is whether to hand up to Chase Auckland when he came looking. I thought there was a better than 50/50 chance he would park Chase Auckland. Much better the longer Natalie left it.

I hadn't considered Brent Mangos coming off the gate as hard as he did.

So I had not forseen the spreading out of the field and the opportunity for Sicario to be first around to challenge for the lead.

Right about then I knew my win bet was toast.

1 hour ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

With the closing of the "AS 10 in a row" thread I was not able to respond to the issue of Blair meekly handing up.

I remember Natalie saying Sheriff was a danger in the Yearling Sales race on Auckland Cup day. I hadn't had Sheriff as anything special upto then but Natalie seems pretty on to it so into the race tracker he went.

After the draw for the Derby I considered Sheriff could make it a contest based on him leading and keeping up a good pace and winning in 2:40.2 at Invercargill.

I thought Sheriff would lead easily and the only decision Blair would have to make is whether to hand up to Chase Auckland when he came looking. I thought there was a better than 50/50 chance he would park Chase Auckland. Much better the longer Natalie left it.

I hadn't considered Brent Mangos coming off the gate as hard as he did.

So I had not forseen the spreading out of the field and the opportunity for Sicario to be first around to challenge for the lead.

Right about then I knew my win bet was toast.

I dont think Sticks thought that either. Good example of how  plans can always go  pear shaped in any race.

Guest Hunterthenutter
3 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

The real Sheriff turned up the other night, well done to the connections especially Nigel and Blair who i thought drove an absolute cracker of a race as did DD

Who says the AS team win all the big races- The silence is golden again

nigel and blair will win the oaks to