RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Power To Queensland

Group One winner Power has been relocated from Cambridge Stud to Oaklands Stud in Queensland.

The nine-year-old son of Oasis Dream’s leading representatives include the Gr.2 Wakefield Challenge Stakes (1100m) winner Gift Of Power and the Gr.3 Anglesey Stakes (1200m) winner and Group One performer Peace Envoy.

Power was the leading first-season sire in New Zealand during the 2016-17 season.

Power is Coolmore owned and was a shuttler, new Owners/Plumptre have decided he doesnt fit with maybe Burgundy fitting the profile Power has.

They also have their 2 domestic G1 horses in the wings they have brought into, both are 0/2 in Australia.

Burgundy is off to a reasonably good start but there seems to be a bit of a lull now in Burgundy starters ... going by the thread about books to various stallions he served a swag of mares in 2017 so should have a fair chance of things as he goes on  ...  

What stud fee 2018 you reckon?

Fee a tad too high... but fees over there are generally a lot higher...anyhow, I think he will still get a good number of mares.  His progeny will appreciate better tracks and good Queensland sunshine.....

Just reading today’s ANZ Bloodstock News...and the 3yo stats for NZ. Power has had 23 runners for 13 individual winners of 21 races. He is currently leading the 3yo individual winners list...so that should give the new owners a boost...

On 27/03/2018 at 7:01 AM, La Zip said:

Just reading today’s ANZ Bloodstock News...and the 3yo stats for NZ. Power has had 23 runners for 13 individual winners of 21 races. He is currently leading the 3yo individual winners list...so that should give the new owners a boost...

Not bad season stats are they, just lacking those high profile horses this season (Gift Of Power winning age group races without the big ones this year)

Can leave a handy horse and has done off modest service fees and smallish books, his crop of current weanlings are from his biggest book by far , so a bit to come you would suggest.

On 4/12/2018 at 10:13 PM, WOODBINE said:

This a dumb move 180 broodmares were bred to Power in 2016 great foal crop going forward 

Yep at this rate I am not even going to imagine what CS will look like in 5 years but it seems there is an influence coming from somewhere....good luck to the people who pounced on Power...he will do very, very well in Qld. One of my mares that I am extracting from NZ will be going to him.

Will be interesting to see where CS goes next in its stallion ranks. If it was me I'd be looking back at shuttling and talk to people such as Juddmont or the Aga Khan ( if they look at shuttling).

I think Mark Chittick is right when he says the stallion market in Aust/NZ is getting overpriced ( I'm not in the know but just from what I have read about stallion sale prices)

You'd have to say they have seem to be more commercially focused than the CS of old with a big push on Social Media and their website with regular updates at the sales and of racing stock which is fantastic to see, something I don't think the previous era of CS did particularly well and they've updated their logo which looks really good imo.

I hope they stand their colonially performed stallions at CS and hopefully at competitive prices they might shake things up a bit locally.

6 hours ago, Breeder said:

Will be interesting to see where CS goes next in its stallion ranks. If it was me I'd be looking back at shuttling and talk to people such as Juddmont or the Aga Khan ( if they look at shuttling).

I think Mark Chittick is right when he says the stallion market in Aust/NZ is getting overpriced ( I'm not in the know but just from what I have read about stallion sale prices)

Absolutely yes on both accounts.  There are no better role models in the international arena of breeding and racing than HH The Aga Khan or Prince Khalid Abdullah, so they are a great place to start. I did mention a Juddmonte horse to a NZ stud master 3 years ago - Time Test,  who now stands at the National Stud in Newmarket. He would have been a perfect horse ....

But as NZ is so heavily dependent on the export market it’s going to be difficult to come up with a well performed, reasonably priced fashionable son of whatever the flavour of the month is...so I guess a bit of the out of the box, a la Aga Khan thinking, needs to happen. Rich Hill are thinking outside the square and have have taken a couple punts with Vadamos and their new Japanese stallion...I wish them all the luck with these two... and yes, in a typical NZ scenario, what stud (and partners) can afford the silly prices for new stallions. 20m+ Each for the 2 latest over hyped, over rated colts. 

4 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Hey everyone the Lindsay's put a fortune into the industry how about giving them some support instead of sticking the boots in from the outset I have no doubt CS is in the very best of hands ...cheers.

everyone in NZ wants to see them/CS succeed and no one wants to see the Lindsay’s very hard earned go south.  CS is an integral part of the NZ thoroughbred showcase, it’s a benchmark operation, so we all want the best for them. 

Fantastic to see a Deep Impact horse coming to NZ. (He is interesting in that as a 2&3 year old it looks like he was trained as a stayer --being place at 1800 and 2000m but as a 5&6 year old he was winning 1400-1600m  group races.)  Arrowfield had great success at the recent Easter sales with their yearling by Japanese sires. 

So best of luck to Rich Hill.