RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
skoozi

Monaco Consul for sale unreserved

7 hours ago, skoozi said:

Breednet has announced that Monaco Consul is offered unreserved on the Inglis digital online auction.

I wonder what his stats are compared to NZ stallions of similar value.

He might be cheap. You could then tell your grandchildren later on that you once owned a Derby winner. LOL

He hasn't done a bad job at stud considering what he is up against in Aus at a $4k fee, leaving two nice fillies. From a nice family as well with Nicconi and Military Plume in the dam line an old Windsor Park family I think.

As a comparison this untried, 2 x Grp 3 winning horse ( untried at stud) sold at the Inglis sale on Sunday for A$32,000

https://inglis.com.au/sales/info/2018+Autumn+Thoroughbred+Sale/catalogue/140

I agree with Insider that he could or probably will go relatively cheap. Presumably they have tried to sell him via the usual means --brokers , agents etc. so the fact they are selling on an online auction suggests there has not been much interest.

Shame actually but shows how polarised the industry is....the dedicated followers of fashion will tell you there is no room for this type of horse...you’re a group 1 performer or a Neville nobody......

13 hours ago, La Zip said:

Shame actually but shows how polarised the industry is....the dedicated followers of fashion will tell you there is no room for this type of horse...you’re a group 1 performer or a Neville nobody......

That's right just like Burgandy or who is that other Cambridge Stud Stallion??... Tavistock never did win a Group 1. He is over rated anyway when you think about what Makfi has done

1 hour ago, psyc said:

That's right just like Burgandy or who is that other Cambridge Stud Stallion??... Tavistock never did win a Group 1. He is over rated anyway when you think about what Makfi has done

Tavistock won the G1 Waikato Draught Sprint over 1400m and the G1 1400m race at Hastings (Mudgway Stakes), and 2nd in the Thorndon Mile, as well as being a G2 winner at Flemington in the Blamey Stakes.

One thing Makfi and Tavistock have in common as they both have aired 4 G1 winners, Tavistock has had half the runners to race though.

Makfi is gone from NZ wrongly or rightly, he's not coming back!

On 3/21/2018 at 5:25 AM, Huey said:

He hasn't done a bad job at stud considering what he is up against in Aus at a $4k fee, leaving two nice fillies. From a nice family as well with Nicconi and Military Plume in the dam line an old Windsor Park family I think.

Might be nice if someone gave him the opportunity over NZ mares 

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 8:53 PM, psyc said:

I'm peering into my crystal ball....yes..yes...yes....I feel it.....I'm connecting....yes are you there?....let me know what message you would like to me to tell psyc?....

You're full of crap....Tavistock is a Group One winner, champion sprinter/miler.......4 Derby winners ....7.9% stakes winners to foals

Makfi......3 group one winners....2.3% stakes winners to foals....

Oh dear

2 hours ago, Swynford said:

Good to see Tavistock  get a mare first past the post for a change in the Epona Stakes . bolted in   ...encouraging 

Maybe just make sure she keeps the jockey on board :P

With a day and half to go the bidding for MC is at A$16,000. For a young NZ stud master he could be worth a go, with some innovative promotion, to get some experience in the "standing a stallion game".

4 minutes ago, Breeder said:

With a day and half to go the bidding for MC is at A$16,000. For a young NZ stud master he could be worth a go, with some innovative promotion, to get some experience in the "standing a stallion game".

Had my second best ever day at a racetrack the day he won the Derby - anchored him in pick 6 and win punt etc etc - huge day. Next day got to pat him and have a photo taken with Mike Moroney at the stables as part of Des's  MC tour.

I'm tempted to get him as a pet :-)

On 3/27/2018 at 10:04 AM, chelseacol said:

Had my second best ever day at a racetrack the day he won the Derby - anchored him in pick 6 and win punt etc etc - huge day. Next day got to pat him and have a photo taken with Mike Moroney at the stables as part of Des's  MC tour.

I'm tempted to get him as a pet :-)

Then you could tell your grandchildren that you once owned a VRC Derby winner and backed him to win a fortune!

On 3/24/2018 at 2:23 PM, Berri said:

I'm peering into my crystal ball....yes..yes...yes....I feel it.....I'm connecting....yes are you there?....let me know what message you would like to me to tell psyc?....

You're full of crap....Tavistock is a Group One winner, champion sprinter/miler.......4 Derby winners ....7.9% stakes winners to foals

Makfi......3 group one winners....2.3% stakes winners to foals....

Oh dear

Thats right but makfi has not had the best broodmare band in the country at hos disposal. And just like Burgandy he never won a group 1

Dick

1 hour ago, psyc said:

Thats right but makfi has not had the best broodmare band in the country at hos disposal. And just like Burgandy he never won a group 1

Dick

Not sure what tree you are barking up here or what planet you are one, you’re lack of knowledge is showing up!

Makfi won 2 serious G1 mile’s (an English Guineas! And the Prix Jacques Le Marios!

Tavistock in his early days fluctuated between 8k and 12k and all his progeny that have raced have been from modest quality of mares.