RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
kevt

Searching woman's handbags oaks day trentham

Searching woman's handbags is out of control at gates .. fair enough if u have a big carry bag but going thru women's purses etc is getting beyond a joke 

22 minutes ago, kevt said:

Searching woman's handbags is out of control at gates .. fair enough if u have a big carry bag but going thru women's purses etc is getting beyond a joke 

got to justify your existence while you strut around trying to look like you know what you are doing.... cause more grief than they prevent or solve at racecourses

1 minute ago, poundforpound said:

Every year the WRC has grief with that Red Badge crew..

I got stopped again this year ( twice ) but fortunately common sense prevailed and both times they relented.

I note the RIU was ( again ) very helpful in giving me a pass knowing a had a horse in. Thanks for that.

I also note that I wore a shoulder bag to the races but curiously no one asked to have a look into that.

It does make you wonder why the WRC bothers with that particular security firm though.

Especially when you review the on course attendance.  If the turnover is anything like Ellerslie on Derby day then goodbye WRC.

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

Every year the WRC has grief with that Red Badge crew..

I got stopped again this year ( twice ) but fortunately common sense prevailed and both times they relented.

I note the RIU was ( again ) very helpful in giving me a pass knowing a had a horse in. Thanks for that.

I also note that I wore a shoulder bag to the races but curiously no one asked to have a look into that.

It does make you wonder why the WRC bothers with that particular security firm though.

I suppose the Red Badge common sense came from guessing you might damage a kneecap if you connected with a straight right, or threatened their jewels if you managed an upper cut?

Since when has it been the RIU's brief to hand out passes to owners?  They seem only too keen to meddle with easy stuff which is nothing to do with integrity.

8 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Come in Liz.....:rolleyes:

No one looked in my handbag, not even Cubes, let alone Leo. 

Maybe it’s because I have a private car park at the steps to the main stand. 

Leo parked in the Jockeys car park so he shouldn’t have had any problems even though he did have a hand bag just like me. 

Cubes, how did you get on?

P.S. I hate security when it’s not needed so I will take it up with Big Al. Whether he will listen or not I don’t know!

Mrs Cubes never had any problems at all with security

The Cubemeister had a thoroughly enjoyable day......even considering our donkey ran 15th......and enjoyed being at Trentham .

Met Liz for the first time , had a good catch-up with 'Cafer Blue who is about the nicest bloke you will ever meet , and saw P2cubedP also in charming and magnanimous form....

Timon was there from the 'Cafe too...

"What punter's graveyard ? " , Mrs Cubes chirped helpfully as favourite after favourite came home , whilst Cubity was searching wider in the odds.....

Crowds probably looked sparse from TV land , but the insideness of the stand was humming...

1 hour ago, 2Admin2 said:

Especially when you review the on course attendance.  If the turnover is anything like Ellerslie on Derby day then goodbye WRC.

You don’t know anything about the on course attendance as you were not there. 

Secondly, I have already told you that the on course turnover was well up before the Oaks (which was the last time I checked) but that because of the quality of the Oaks, the favourite winning and a good get-out race, I can’t see it being anything but well up. 

Admin, if you know otherwise, prove it or keep your negative thoughts to yourself as they are not needed in this discussion. 

3 minutes ago, Insider said:

No one looked in my handbag, not even Cubes, let alone Leo. 

Maybe it’s because I have a private car park at the steps to the main stand. 

Leo parked in the Jockeys car park so he shouldn’t have had any problems even though he did have a hand bag just like me. 

Cubes, how did you get on?

P.S. I hate security when it’s not needed so I will take it up with Big Al. Whether he will listen or not I don’t know!

My misses wouldn't let them look in her bag ....situation got heated with red badge and myself ....wouldn't let us in so went to committee car park and walked straight in ....security need to use discretion in theses situations when a women has a tiny handbag or purse ....weve been members of wrc for quite a number of years and raced a few horses ....and been to most race tracks around country trentham is the worst for security 

1 minute ago, We're Doomed said:

What exactly were they searching for?

I don't think it was alcohol....the bag was to big to even carry a whiskey glass

46 minutes ago, Cubes said:

The Cubemeister had a thoroughly enjoyable day......even considering our donkey ran 15th......and enjoyed being at Trentham .

Met Liz for the first time , had a good catch-up with 'Cafer Blue who is about the nicest bloke you will ever meet , and saw P2cubedP also in charming and magnanimous form....

"What punter's graveyard ? " , Mrs Cubes chirped helpfully as favourite after favourite came home , whilst Cubity was searching wider in the odds.....

Crowds probably looked sparse from TV land , but the insideness of the stand was humming...

In fairness to keep the thread open and transparent it should be perchance noted that Mrs Cubes was in Nelson on the day of the Oaks visiting rellies , so was nowhere near the thriving metropolis that is Upper Hutt....

Anywhoo...

The Cubinator is pretty confident that even an outfit that employs such sparkingly intellectual giants as the day-by-day  contractual nose-pickers at Red Badge then none of them would have had the intestinal fortitude or out-right kahunas to have attempted a rummage thru Mrs Cube's purse...just saying....

54 minutes ago, Cubes said:

Now, now, cubes, your abit harsh, calling your horse a donkey, in all fairness you got your charge their, made the field, and gave a good sight for most of the race, regardless where you finished, you can say you were there, and you had a runner in the race.A credit to all concerned.

2 hours ago, 2Admin2 said:

Would like to see the oncourse turnover must of been terrible on the 10th.Also oaks day would of been artificially enhanced by the BGP syndicate.

2 minutes ago, puha said:

The week before they should of got the Red Badge lads to search the Owners / Trainers bar for punters was  only one tote window open and 2 people in the damn place.

Another stupid idiotic decision by the fuck’n “experts” at the Racing Board - TAB and NZTR to give Trentham a minor raceday in competition to Auckland Cup Day. 

What would be their rationale as I certainly can’t work it out. 

As much as I love the place even I didn’t venture out there on that day!

19 minutes ago, Insider said:

Another stupid idiotic decision by the fuck’n “experts” at the Racing Board - TAB and NZTR to give Trentham a minor raceday in competition to Auckland Cup Day. 

Trentham asked for that day!

23 minutes ago, Insider said:

That’s no way for a lady to speak .Still you made a good choice.

8 minutes ago, SMD is rife said:

Trentham asked for that day!

Well if that’s the case, they are obviously positioning themselves to have two days in March (which they should,)  for when the Pattern Review Committee decides the “new” pattern which is currently being worked on. 

P.S. How do you know that they asked for it. Are you an insider too?