RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
barryb

Eagle Bay

4 minutes ago, barryb said:

Looks like plenty of others missed that comment Ohoka, as that is one serious move for a Metro Saturday.

The bookies will have filled their bags on that result.

just another example of an over-hyped Kiwi up-and-comer tackling the Ozzies..not many do the damage these days, more's the pity. Prhaps we should all name one or two who've not measured up ..

10 hours ago, Memphis2 said:

why is that?Winz enjoys it

Have you ever trained or lived there? If so, then you wouldn’t be making flippant comments like that...for. Kiwi horse from a country environment, it’s going to take him time to adjust .... let alone the hustle and bustle of the every day work schedule...

I am surprised that anyone would be bagging him for an unplaced run over 1350m in Sydney. The horse is not a sprinter so to finish three lengths off the winner is not a bad run in my view. 

Wait until he gets up over 1600m and further and then judge.  

Great quote by winning jockey.....:D

Race 9 – Benchmark 89 Handicap (1350m)

Place

Horse

Jockey

Comment

1st

PEACOCK

Glyn Schofield

Every now and then a blind squirrel finds an acorn. It’s not my quote but I’m stealing it.

2nd

TRIBAL WISDOM

Brenton Avdulla

He ran terrific. The winner was just off and gone.

3rd

UP 'N' ROLLING

Blake Shinn

Good run.

4th

LEVEL EIGHT

Andrew Adkins

Would have liked a bit of cover but he still hit the line well.

5th

MOST EXALTED

Adam Hyeronimus

Got spat out the back early and that probably cost him finishing a couple of lengths closer.

6th

ETYMOLOGY

Tye Angland

Just a bit too sharp for him over that trip second-up.

7th

EAGLE BAY

Kerrin McEvoy

He just wants further.

8th

LOVANI

Christian Reith

She ran well. Probably wants a bit of jar out of the track. If I had it again I probably lead.

9th

INVINCIBLE KNIGHT

Craig Williams

He would appreciate more give in the track. First-up, wide barrier, he gets a pass.

10th

JAMINZAH

Stephen Baster

He ran ok. He wants a bit further.

11th

WAYANKA

Jason Collett

Needed the run.

12th

GENERALISSIMO

Tim Clark

He didn’t finish off today.

26 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

I am surprised that anyone would be bagging him for an unplaced run over 1350m in Sydney. The horse is not a sprinter so to finish three lengths off the winner is not a bad run in my view. 

Wait until he gets up over 1600m and further and then judge.  

Again Ted he moved from $16 into $4.00, clearly that message was missed by most in Aus as well.

6 minutes ago, barryb said:

Again Ted he moved from $16 into $4.00, clearly that message was missed by most in Aus as well.

It was an interesting move Barry. Doubt very much it was stable money so punters maybe thought he was over the odds...

Watching or listening to interviews done by ANDREW BENSLEY are a "must" if you are having a bet. You get so much info from the Trainers re their horses chances. Eagle Bay is one for a little later over a little longer and I thought he ran up to Waller's expectations "on the day".

14 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

It was an interesting move Barry. Doubt very much it was stable money so punters maybe thought he was over the odds...

Sydney is the big betting arena. Some organise are betting up to $1m a day on the punt. Some guy on Sat put $15,000 each way at $17/1 on Seabrook to win the Slipper! He's got to get past Sunlight and Written By or at least get 3rd - which would return him about $60k to double his money ! Several big bets on EB would cause the bookies to wind right in. But think of it this way. A number of big bets to get EB wound in and the "real target" eased out? 

1 hour ago, Trump said:

Watching or listening to interviews done by ANDREW BENSLEY are a "must" if you are having a bet. You get so much info from the Trainers re their horses chances. Eagle Bay is one for a little later over a little longer and I thought he ran up to Waller's expectations "on the day".

Correct. Chris was bullish about Comin Through too. Threw a bit of a curve ball re Unforgotten in his preview saying it wouldn't run. I was surprised therefore to see it still in the field so followed the lead.....of course, he is part owner.....;)

6 hours ago, La Zip said:

Have you ever trained or lived there? If so, then you wouldn’t be making flippant comments like that...for. Kiwi horse from a country environment, it’s going to take him time to adjust .... let alone the hustle and bustle of the every day work schedule...

Lived round  the corner from there for many years. Spent oodles of time there . Spent a lot of time at Kerry Jordan's stables. So yes I've been there. Waller loves he place. 

Flippant is a flipping good horse 

enjoy your day