RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Guest 2Admin2

Is Savvy Coup as good as Princess Coup?

Won’t be as good as Princess Coup as an older horse, she was a very very good horse and had extensive Australian G1 race performance.

Cant see this filly placing in Australian Cups, Caulfield Cups etc.

Just now, BruceL said:

Won’t be as good as Princess Coup as an older horse, she was a very very good horse and had extensive Australian G1 race performance.

Cant see this filly placing in Australian Cups, Caulfield Cups etc.

Why is that? I thought straight after the race she is a Caulfield Cup horse the way she won not getting out of 2nd gear. 

35 minutes ago, Aaron Bidlake said:

Why is that? I thought straight after the race she is a Caulfield Cup horse the way she won not getting out of 2nd gear. 

Those horses dont come around to often, this filly looks very good, but im sure she wont end up with a record that Princess Coup ended up with.

Princess Coup was extremely classy and had the size and substance that held up to Australian WFA and Handicap G1 racing. I think its easy to forget how good she was!

33 minutes ago, BruceL said:

Those horses dont come around to often, this filly looks very good, but im sure she wont end up with a record that Princess Coup ended up with.

Princess Coup was extremely classy and had the size and substance that held up to Australian WFA and Handicap G1 racing. I think its easy to forget how good she was!

And then PC sold from memory for  2 million in a broodmare sale in 2009

As my old Dad would espouse, to win a Caulfield Cup, you need to be a good, tough fast paced miler...and I have no doubt SC will mature and be a prime candidate for a Melbourne Spring Carnival plus she gets a weight advantage....Oh by the way, my Dad was a very successful bookie...a proper bookie, (not like the Petone  based paper shuffling risk assessors...) in the days when a book was very much opinion & information based....

1 hour ago, 2Admin2 said:

She reminds me of Princess Coup.

a pointless comparison...but the way she has gone from strength to strength over the summer has me hopeful that she can take on the best in Australia .. if they look after her well

Didn't look like two miles would be a prpblem  either

3 minutes ago, La Zip said:

As my old Dad would espouse, to win a Caulfield Cup, you need to be a good, tough fast paced miler...and I have no doubt SC will mature and be a prime candidate for a Melbourne Spring Carnival plus she gets a weight advantage....Oh by the way, my Dad was a very successful bookie...a proper bookie, (not like the Petone  based paper shuffling risk assessors...)in the days when a book was very much opinion & information based....

the Caulfield Cup isnt the only game n town, is it? Silent Achiever barred up pretty well over there.

9 minutes ago, weasel57 said:

a pointless comparison...but the way she has gone from strength to strength over the summer has me hopeful that she can take on the best in Australia .. if they look after her well

Didn't look like two miles would be a prpblem  either

Why is it pointless?  She is a decent size and has a great turn of foot.  Could do well in OZ.

2 hours ago, La Zip said:

As my old Dad would say to win a Caulfield Cup, you need to be a good, tough fast paced miler...and I have no doubt SC will mature and be a prime candidate for a Melbourne Spring Carnival plus she gets a weight advantage....Oh by the way, my Dad was a very successful bookie...a proper bookie, (not like the Petone  based paper shuffling risk assessors...) in the days when a book was very much opinion & information based....

She measures up, Onward and  Up..

Did Dad base himself in the Forresters  Wellington by any chance.

8 hours ago, Al Feilding said:

She measures up, Onward and  Up..

Did Dad base himself in the Forresters  Wellington by any chance.

No Al, more like the Leger at Randwick, or Rosehill.....or W Farm.....every Sat for 60 years......

13 hours ago, La Zip said:

As my old Dad would espouse, to win a Caulfield Cup, you need to be a good, tough fast paced miler...and I have no doubt SC will mature and be a prime candidate for a Melbourne Spring Carnival plus she gets a weight advantage....Oh by the way, my Dad was a very successful bookie...a proper bookie, (not like the Petone  based paper shuffling risk assessors...) in the days when a book was very much opinion & information based....

Must be something about the war era (returned men) LZ, my dad would quote virtually the same thing "a horse that runs a good mile , will run you a good 2 miles"  he also ran a book at the Manukau Hotel here in Onehunga. I have adapted his "weight sheets" over the years and they are the basis of my calculations still today.